Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

PREMiERdrum

Found one, not that it matters.
Kvasten at Gröna Lund.
The Mack is a prototype, right? I don't know of one of those that has been installed.

Still a prototype, but there has been a test model constructed. As far as I know everything worked they way it was supposed to.

The page with the info & pics have been up for a while, but I know they are planning 2 installations right now. I have from good sources that one is for Disney. They haven't said which park, but the dots seem to connect themselves. I can't wait to see the show they build around this. Another great example of WDI taking an off the shelf ride system and plussing it. Look for on board audio and effects. :sohappy:

wolfeman8

The art he's talking about isn't Disney art from the ride, but the Mack powered dark ride / suspended coaster concept drawings in the link I posted above.

No, I have already seen that. I'm talking about this quote i have found off of a couple of sites a while back:

"A teaser video of the long-rumored Monster's Inc. roller coaster, to be located at Disney's Hollywood Studios, leaked yesterday on the official Disney employee website, The Hub. According to those employees who saw the video, the attraction will be a suspended roller coaster with stunning detail, housed in a large show building themed to look like the Monster's Inc. factory, located at the end of Pixar Place (the end nearest the Backlot Tour), and opening sometime in 2011.

Concept art for the post-show experience was published as well. Based on the scale of this project, it is speculated that the Backlot Tour will be permanently shut down sometime during the construction process. Unfortunately for fans, Disney removed the video from The Hub a few hours after it was uploaded to the internet, leading me to believe someone in the company jumped the gun by publishing the video. Based on that assumption, expect Disney to make an official announcement about this project within the near future."

PREMiERdrum

No, I have already seen that. I'm talking about this quote i have found off of a couple of sites a while back:

"A teaser video of the long-rumored Monster's Inc. roller coaster, to be located at Disney's Hollywood Studios, leaked yesterday on the official Disney employee website, The Hub. According to those employees who saw the video, the attraction will be a suspended roller coaster with stunning detail, housed in a large show building themed to look like the Monster's Inc. factory, located at the end of Pixar Place (the end nearest the Backlot Tour), and opening sometime in 2011.

Concept art for the post-show experience was published as well. Based on the scale of this project, it is speculated that the Backlot Tour will be permanently shut down sometime during the construction process. Unfortunately for fans, Disney removed the video from The Hub a few hours after it was uploaded to the internet, leading me to believe someone in the company jumped the gun by publishing the video. Based on that assumption, expect Disney to make an official announcement about this project within the near future."

My bad, I haven't seen that, and I'm shocked it hasn't surfaced here. Strange. The info corresponds with what I've heard too.

WDW Insider

Sorry guys, but you're still quite a bit off... you'll just have to wait until more information comes out about the attraction. I see a lot of good guesswork though! =)

I really wish I had clearance to tell you the manufacturer!

wolfeman8

Sorry guys, but you're still quite a bit off... you'll just have to wait until more information comes out about the attraction. I see a lot of good guesswork though! =)

I really wish I had clearance to tell you the manufacturer!

Wow your killing me here...Anyway, do you work for disney or are you an imagineer or something since you know all of the information on the ride?

raven

Here's a little tidbit of information:

The unnamed coaster headed for the Pixar Studios section of Disney's Hollywood Studios will be a first of it's kind (well, along with its sister coaster). WDI has been working with a European manufacturer to design an inverted coaster which can fit in very small spaces and can emulate the theme we're needing. I can't give you any specifics at this time, but there's nothing like what is going to be built, and there's one inversion that's going to be absolutely fabulous!

So an inversion will keep most kids who love the movie from riding the attraction and the "children's movie" theme will turn off coaster lovers. Great combination. :rolleyes:

"A teaser video of the long-rumored Monster's Inc. roller coaster, to be located at Disney's Hollywood Studios, leaked yesterday on the official Disney employee website, The Hub.

I was all over the Hub that day and nothing of the sort was posted, even in the Imagineering area of the site.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The art he's talking about isn't Disney art from the ride, but the Mack powered dark ride / suspended coaster concept drawings in the link I posted above.
Er... the MI Coaster art was on the cast portal for just under 2 hours. Then it went again. Sorry Raven. DIdn`t see it myself but I know someone who did. All too briefly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom