Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

brucie

Wait for the official announcement. And don`t take the size of Stage One as a guide.

We have been waiting!!! It seems like all we do now is wait for announcements and wait and wait, and then still nothing. I hope the next announcement is huge and incorporates something huge at each of the 4 parks.

Cap10_Mickey

Sounds very exciting...kept hearing it was going to be based on the "Door Wharehouse" from the MI factory...this is all sounding very good so far. I can't wait to see this never-before-used coaster design.

LongtimeReader

Sounds good to me. The Crush coaster in DSP looks pretty cool and has gotten some good reviews for being a somewhat small, mostly indoor, family type of ride. This gives me hope that we will get something of similar quality for DHS.

That coaster is bloody brilliant. I haven't had that much fun on a coaster in a long time. Much more detailed and FAR more thrilling than I expected from such a small footprint. Even if the coaster itself was a clone, it wouldn't be a disappointment in the slightest. Fantastic.

csm

I`m assuming the post meant inverted track - like Peter Pan (or Duelling Dragons) - not upside-down. That`s what how I understand the coaster to be.

Correct. It's a Junior Suspended coaster. Most likely, you're looking at something like this:

Ok - scratch that. RCDB appears to be having some issues right now. But when it's back up, which I'd imagine will be soon, look up Swamp Thing at Cypress Gardens or Wild Adventures, or Rugrats Runaway Reptar at Kings Island among others. That's the vekoma junior/family suspended coaster system that is most likely to be contracted for the project whenever it starts it. Things could change, but that was the initial vendor, as does it match the original concept art.

Cap10_Mickey

^ Not to be contradictory, but if I recall right, the post also said never-before-seen or used in a coaster system. So if it's a junior inverted, then the examples you were going to post already exist - and thus the MI coaster wouldn't be using a never-before-seen. Obviously Vekoma has installed them before. Now, granted, Vekoma seems to be WDW's vendor of choice for Coasters, I am not sure about EE but I know RNRC and DCA's Screamin' were Vekoma products.

Who knows, maybe I am appyling a little too much logic. :shrug:

PREMiERdrum

^ Not to be contradictory, but if I recall right, the post also said never-before-seen or used in a coaster system. So if it's a junior inverted, then the examples you were going to post already exist - and thus the MI coaster wouldn't be using a never-before-seen. Obviously Vekoma has installed them before. Now, granted, Vekoma seems to be WDW's vendor of choice for Coasters, I am not sure about EE but I know RNRC and DCA's Screamin' were Vekoma products.

Who knows, maybe I am appyling a little too much logic. :shrug:

The concept is a Mack Rides concept:
http://www.mack-rides.com/lang-en/c124/default.html

This makes perfect sense as it would enable both the dark ride and coaster portions of the ride.

PREMiERdrum

Yeah, that's the assumption we've been making for a while now. All signs point to Mack. (Vekoma doesn't do custom family inverts, I don't think.)
That's the art? Oh, please...we've been looking at that for months. I thought there was a real leak....
Nope. No leak. They seemed to have tightened things up... although, with the job climate the way it is, I think people are more interested in keeping their jobs, which means NOT leaking future projects.

Vekoma will do custom junior suspendeds (although I don't think they've installed one, they have been penned) but I am certain we're right in assuming the Mack system will be used. It allows them to design the ride as a suspended Omni-Mover dark ride (not unlink Horizons) that ends in a roller coaster. Perfect.

Lee

Adventurer
Vekoma will do custom junior suspendeds (although I don't think they've installed one, they have been penned) but I am certain we're right in assuming the Mack system will be used.
Found one, not that it matters.
Kvasten at Gröna Lund.
The Mack is a prototype, right? I don't know of one of those that has been installed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom