Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

RSoxNo1

I rather see the Incredibles than Monsters Inc!

The theme of the ride is almost irrelevent to me if the ride itself is done well. I think the best example of that is Stitch. The attraction is widely regarded as a flop, while many enjoy the movie.

Vernonpush

The theme of the ride is almost irrelevent to me if the ride itself is done well. I think the best example of that is Stitch. The attraction is widely regarded as a flop, while many enjoy the movie.

your right 100%

Just goes to show that when something is a "Hit"(boxoffice wise), don't try to shove it down everyones throat everywhere. "Telling a story" is the most important thing

royorb1

No - the accountants will answer. The plans were already in place for quite a lot of Potter offensives - and more - up until late last year.

If, as I have read in previous posts in this thread, Universal delivers with HP, that combined with the release of the next 3 movies (which will be the best movies of the series) will be huge. That's why I see a 3 to 5 year time span in popularity for HP in IOA. By the way did anyone watch HP on the Disney Channel last night. They had quite a bit of technical difficulty with the broadcast flashing the Disney Channel logo numerous times very quickly.

kdjf4

one wonders

One wonders why Disney Channel is showing the HP movies, especially now. It's seems like they are drumming up business for the competition, especially with Wizarding World scheduled to open as soon as next year!

ttalovebug

Just goes to show that when something is a "Hit"(boxoffice wise), don't try to shove it down everyones throat everywhere. "Telling a story" is the most important thing

Exactly. For example, Splash is one of the most popular attractions at MK. But how many people who go on the ride have actually seen SOTS? Not many. It's popular because it is a quality attraction.

GothMickey

Exactly. For example, Splash is one of the most popular attractions at MK. But how many people who go on the ride have actually seen SOTS? Not many. It's popular because it is a quality attraction.

It is a great attraction. I would totally agree that a quality attraction, no matter what it is themed to, would always pull in the crowds.

tirian

Nobody denies the success of the Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Pirates, IaSW, SSE, original Imagination, E:E, Test Track, Soarin', and Space Mt.—none of which had any movie tie-ins when they were created.

wolfeman8

Hey guys I am pretty new to to the forums but i just have one question to ask. Is DHS still on with the Monsters Inc. coaster. I haven't heard anything lately about it. I just know that the rumor has been around for a while now and I expected an announcement a long time ago. Did they not find a sponsor yet or are they just completely wiping the project?:shrug:

SirGoofy

Hey guys I am pretty new to to the forums but i just have one question to ask. Is DHS still on with the Monsters Inc. coaster. I haven't heard anything lately about it. I just know that the rumor has been around for a while now and I expected an announcement a long time ago. Did they not find a sponsor yet or are they just completely wiping the project?:shrug:

I doubt there would be a sponsor to begin with. It's still rumored, supposedly been greenlit, but I wouldn't hold my breath until you hear an announcement.

Figment632

I'm freezing my but of on Main Street in DL waiting for the FW to start and I don't think I've read if this coaster is supposed to be a small family coaster, thrill rider, or somewhere in between?

Disneyfanman

Family "Suspended" coaster. Wild speculation runs around the boards, but nobody really knows where it will end up. I can't imagine how to make it an indoor coaster, but I am probably thinking waaaaaaay to big a coaster. If it's really family friendly does that mean no inversions, which are kind of a staple of these things? Nobody knows yet.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The rumor mill currently states that this attraction is on hold. It is going to be at DHS in the studio next to TSMM. The coaster is going to be relatively small more on scale with Barnstormer or Primeval Whirl than RnRC

Figment632

The rumor mill currently states that this attraction is on hold. It is going to be at DHS in the studio next to TSMM. The coaster is going to be relatively small more on scale with Barnstormer or Primeval Whirl than RnRC

Well thats a complete waste of space! Why does it have to be a small six flags kiddie coaster to be family friendly? There probaly isn't enough room but couldn't they at least make it along the lines of BTMR?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Well thats a complete waste of space! Why does it have to be a small six flags kiddie coaster to be family friendly? There probaly isn't enough room but couldn't they at least make it along the lines of BTMR?
Just because it is small does not mean it will be a waste of space. It should be a decent attraction it will just not be some over the top huge scale coaster. Like it's neighbor it will be a solid D ticket.

Figment632

Just because it is small does not mean it will be a waste of space. It should be a decent attraction it will just not be some over the top huge scale coaster. Like it's neighbor it will be a solid D ticket.

Yea I don't think it should be a huge thrill ride but I would hope they make it alittle better than barnstormer.

GothMickey

I'm hoping that you are immersed into the world of MOnster's Inc. If the ride is set to be like Barnstormer, but indoors, then I can see this being pretty ok. Add some show scenes, some AA's, and we got a nice dark ride, except you are on a coaster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom