Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

wdwfan4ver

^ so many cants and wonts. You sure, or is it just an opinion?

Ratatouille is now confirmed for WDSP. Construction will begin this spring.
It depends on what theme park and I wasn't referring WDSP. I quoted that person for responding about other Disney Parks having a chance to have a clone of that Ratatouille ride that was announced for WDSP.

It is just an opinion for WDW, Disneyland and Tokyo Disneyland for not having Ratatouille a clone in the next 3 to 5 years. I did some research on Tokyo Disneyland in terms of the lands they have if a Raratouille Attraction is possible based on theme.

Not having of clone of the Ratatouille ride at Shanghai Disneyland or Hong Kong Disneyland in the next 3 to 5 years is more a fact. I did research online about Hong Disneyland and it does state that developing a 2nd park is long term plan. The catch is it hasn't been announced when it would happen. Shanghai Disneyland is going to be similar to rest of the Disney Parks that have castles and that means Ratatouille isn't going to fit a theme for any the lands

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Rat would work in HKDL. possibly even moreso than WDSP. It doesn't need a movie studio. But they now have their hands full with Star Tours 2.

RunnerEd

Based on the released concept art on some blogs... Would be a great addition to Pixar Place at DHS.

Can you imagine the congestion of that area if another family friendly attraction was added to that street. Oh my.

If you put something like that in, plus a C/D ticket like the new Mater's Junkyard Jamboree or Luigi's Flying Tires from DCA along with a well designed M&G location (like the Town Square Theater) that can handle some capacity and Pixar Place is looking pretty nice, even without Radiator Springs Racers. Throw in the Monster's Inc. Coaster and an updated Lucas oriented ride and DHS is a full day park.

flavious27

Legoland is built and has already announced that next up is a reopening of the water park. Universal has nothing to do with the dead Orlando Thrill Park.

I meant it was being built nearby uni. But they cancelled it, wasn't it just announced in the summer, that is a quick time for an amusement park to be scrapped.

RSoxNo1

I just don't see it getting cloned in the next 3 to 5 years at any Disney Park.

Disneyland can't have it because I don't think Disney want to add more to DCA after what they are middle of doing right now and the original park isn't a good fit for that attraction.

Walt Disney World can't get a clone for the next 3 to 5 years for it despite TDO loves attractions that other Disney Parks get first in terms of paying. It goes to the cost of Avatarland for AK, cost of next gen, more DVC building, Downtown Disney changes, and FLE. The only way it could happen is if Avatarland is quietly canceled.

I don't see a clone of Ratatouille going to Tokyo because the ride doesn't fit the 2 parks anywhere based on theme.

Shanghai Disneyland can't have it because the first park it isn't supposed have anything like Disney Hollywood studios or Walt Disney Studios Park has.

Hong Kong Disneyland is out of the question due to the fact they only have one park and is middle of an expansion there. I know there is talk about a 2nd park there, but is a long term goal.

^ so many cants and wonts. You sure, or is it just an opinion?

Ratatouille is now confirmed for WDSP. Construction will begin this spring.

There were rumors a while ago about the Ratatouille Dark Ride going into DCA originating in the old Maliboomer spot. What is the footprint of this attraction compared to the footprint expected for the Monster's Inc Coaster?

NoChesterHester

There were rumors a while ago about the Ratatouille Dark Ride going into DCA originating in the old Maliboomer spot. What is the footprint of this attraction compared to the footprint expected for the Monster's Inc Coaster?

Is Martin hinting that Monsters Inc goes in + something else, perhaps Rattaollie? Rat would then expand out into the Backlot tour area.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Is Martin hinting that Monsters Inc goes in + something else, perhaps Rattaollie? Rat would then expand out into the Backlot tour area.

No, no. No hints. M:I has been teetering on the edge of green for over a year. But isn't.

Rat is a good 2 years off. Likely to be quite expensive, on TOT scale, and has a very large footprint.

NoChesterHester

No, no. No hints. M:I has been teetering on the edge of green for over a year. But isn't.

Rat is a good 2 years off. Likely to be quite expensive, on TOT scale, and has a very large footprint.

I had no idea Rat was that impressive of an attraction. It isn't a movie that screams obvious e-ticket attraction either.

Horizonsfan

I had no idea Rat was that impressive of an attraction. It isn't a movie that screams obvious e-ticket attraction either.

Isn't a new version of Pooh's Hunny Hunt? Some have said there would be a lot (or all) of sets built at a rat's scale. Should be pretty impressive.

If this pic is correct, it should be a large show building:

ratdlp.jpg

RSoxNo1

I recall something that Iger said a while ago talking about how they would only put franchises in the parks. I'm also fairly certain that in that statement he specified that he did not view Ratatouille as a franchise.

Now I know that the Disney company changes course every other hour, but I think in this case it's a good thing. The longstanding rumors for this attraction are the trackless ride system and an amazing attraction. The most recent expansion to Disney's Studios Paris all but confirmed this addition a few years ago.

It doesn't have to be the same Ratatouille ride, but I would still love to see this ride system stateside.

NoChesterHester

It doesn't have to be the same Ratatouille ride, but I would still love to see this ride system stateside.

A couple years ago someone on this forum described the Pooh's Hunny Hunt at TDS... After I watched a couple videos of it on YouTube I became as obsessed as everyone else with the ride system. I have yet to experience it.

flavious27

If you are talking about the Orlando Thrill Park...that was announced back in 2010.

It was that long ago?

Well there was the wild ride in the sewer system, but I think that the ride will be based on the rat's nest. Well there are restaurants and stores that can tie in, always a consideration now with disney co.

I recall something that Iger said a while ago talking about how they would only put franchises in the parks. I'm also fairly certain that in that statement he specified that he did not view Ratatouille as a franchise.

Now I know that the Disney company changes course every other hour, but I think in this case it's a good thing. The longstanding rumors for this attraction are the trackless ride system and an amazing attraction. The most recent expansion to Disney's Studios Paris all but confirmed this addition a few years ago.

Ditto, it is pretty impressive with what can be done with a dark ride system.

stitch2008

Just to fall back for a min.

Plenty of parks in the area that are being built. There is legoland being built. There is also that coaster park being built by uni.

Not really. The coaster at Fun Spot is supposed to be a small mouse coaster purchased from another park. The GCI woodie is the highlight. Not the steel coaster. Its just kinda there too.

What? I believe the rumors are a water park?

The water park stuff is coming too.

Dizmentia

There's no question that Monsters Inc. has been a big hit, but I'm curious about how popular Monsters Inc. merchandise has been over the years (this seems to be important to people when discussing film franchises for theme parks these days). Not long after the movie originally hit theaters, nearly all the Mike and Sully stuff in stores was deep discounted (including a toy of the door vault!). I'm sure the sequel will do very well, and I'd love to see a door coaster someday at the Studios.

disney fan 13

Just to fall back for a min.

Not really. The coaster at Fun Spot is supposed to be a small mouse coaster purchased from another park. The GCI woodie is the highlight. Not the steel coaster. Its just kinda there too.

The water park stuff is coming too.

There is not enough space for both, one or the other.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom