News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

ToTBellHop

I still don’t think it’s as set in stone as people are saying.
Define “set in stone” because I believe “MI replaces MV” is etched in granite but I suppose they could always throw out the granite if things go nuclear. I don’t think we’ve reached that level, though. It’s a very niche group of fans who are angry.

Streetway

Define “set in stone” because I believe “MI replaces MV” is etched in granite but I suppose they could always throw out the granite if things go nuclear. I don’t think we’ve reached that level, though. It’s a very niche group of fans who are angry.
I don’t think it is for certian that MI is going in MV, and that there is a very real possibility it goes in AC, not just some “if it goes nuclear”.

mattpeto

Talked to Scott Gustin yesterday as we recorded another episode for my podcast. The new episode will go live likely Saturday morning.

But he did mention something that I haven't heard yet. He did hear that somebody in the know was kicking around ideas rerouting the entrance for Muppets and they would have to build back behind it. I'm paraphrasing here, but maybe it's something they are wrestling with.

But Scott admitted they don't know how "Disney" can do it, if there is even space to do it.

Streetway

Talked to Scott Gustin yesterday as we recorded another episode for my podcast. The new episode will go live likely Saturday morning.

But he did mention something that I haven't heard yet. He did hear that somebody in the know was kicking around ideas rerouting the entrance for Muppets and they would have to build back behind it. I'm paraphrasing here, but maybe it's something they are wrestling with.

But Scott admitted they don't know how "Disney" can do it, if there is even space to do it.
Gives me hope. This is what I mean. Not out of the realm of possibility. I don’t think we know the fully story yet.

ToTBellHop

That would be to keep it open longer while construction commences behind it. It could keep MV open through the end of 2025 but I don’t believe any longer.

mattpeto

That would be to keep it open longer while construction commences behind it. It could keep MV open through the end of 2025 but I don’t believe any longer.
That's not exactly saving MV, so not sure why they would do that.

We also talked that the 2nd image was more generic and likely wasn't tied into Animation Courtyard. It was just showing what it would look like in any setting.

fgmnt

We’re not talking about a traditional movie. There’s more to the experience than just what is on the screen.
I think about how in the mid 2000s amusement parks had 4-D movies because of gimmicks like shaking seats and spewing water. MV is more extra dimensional than every other one of these shows because it has what, 3 AAs (?) and an actor on top of the bubbles and other in-theater effects. All of these elements are needed for the movie to actually work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom