News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Lilofan

Which is a really good place for a continuously running theater show. It means guests can walk up and see the next show. It also means you can do minimal staffing. There’s still enough seating so that people can generally sort themselves during your desired load time instead of having to have staff to corral people and make sure they’re going where they should.
Not going to work. Without cast staffing some guests may not leave theatre after continuous show keep their seats and other guests entering may have to step on feet to get to other seats.

Erdago

Ok. Legitimate question. What is going on with so many people who haven't posted for years suddenly becoming quite active since or around this D23? I've looked at a good number of profiles like this in these threads. I'd genuinely like to know, as it just seems very odd.
I lurk around but generally don’t post here. The current conversations gave me reason to post some comments due to the current circumstances. I expect I’ll probably move back to the overall lurking in a matter of time (it’s not like I’m even posting much now anyway).

CoasterCowboy67

A lot of people are wanting Monsters to go into Animation Courtyard because they want to save Muppets, but while I enjoy Muppet-Vision, my reason for wanting them to go with Animation Courtyard is that the concept art that seems to point that way shows a much grander and more authentic entrance to the Monsters Inc. building, while the other one just sticks it right in the middle of the city.

All I want is to walk in those iconic doors with the eyeball handles and see Celia answering the phone. I want to walk down the hallway and see the "Scare Floor" sign with "Scare" scraped off and a haphazard "laugh" banner put in its place. I want to see Roz in her window staring guests down. And I want to walk into the loading zone and see the scare assistants' desks, and across from them, a hanging coaster load area, with the iconic doors and their lighted indicators.

I love Monsters Inc., and if they do this right it will be my favorite area at Studios. But they need to do it right.

Now, if we could just get Wall-E at EPCOT...
Wall-E is my favorite Pixar film. If they ever give it an attraction, I think I’d cry. I doubt it though

Bugsy

Maybe they can get rid of the last 90s 3D movie? Sure it'd be cute to bring back on occasion in the future. I wouldn't pay for a museum at that cost though. Id rather go to Tokyo Disneyland and see Splash or Tokyo Disney Sea.

CoasterCowboy67

Maybe they can get rid of the last 90s 3D movie? Sure it'd be cute to bring back on occasion in the future. I wouldn't pay for a museum at that cost though. Id rather go to Tokyo Disneyland and see Splash or Tokyo Disney Sea.
A 3D movie is an easy format to bring back for limited time events. How hard would it be to just drop Muppetvision into the small theater next to the Frozen Sing a Long where they play the Mickey shorts with a simple themed entrance facade? Lower capacity, so it would actually fill that theater and maybe even get some takers for a LL

Unfortunately, we can’t get a ride like Splash back for limited time events

SCOTLORR

Part of the problem with wanting to save Animation Courtyard for something else in the future is that they’ve been doing that for how long now? Rarely does anything that isn’t happening now move forward as intended. Even the Door Coaster isn’t going where it was originally intended.
and then next thing we know, animation courtyard is the exact same as it is now 20 years from now because all the following “phases” got cancelled. Seen it way too much for this not to be the expectation.

lazyboy97o

A 3D movie is an easy format to bring back for limited time events. How hard would it be to just drop Muppetvision into the small theater next to the Frozen Sing a Long where they play the Mickey shorts with a simple themed entrance facade? Lower capacity, so it would actually fill that theater and maybe even get some takers for a LL

We’re not talking about a traditional movie. There’s more to the experience than just what is on the screen.

bmr1591

Potentially, but you’d be missing many effects.

It is strange to me that Disney updates things to destroy them. MV just got new seats, new effects on the walls…what’s the point if you know what’s coming?

LSLS

Potentially, but you’d be missing many effects.

It is strange to me that Disney updates things to destroy them. MV just got new seats, new effects on the walls…what’s the point if you know what’s coming?
I've got 0 inside knowledge, but everything about this feels to me like this was supposed to be phase 2 or even phase 3 of the upgrades to the park, but because they spent budget elsewhere, this became phase 1 as it was the cheapest thing to change in DHS. As you said, it's weird they just upgraded the Muppets theater, and then it's also weird that they would leave such a dead space along AC. It could be the plans changed and it will go in AC, but it feels weird they wouldn't just announce that as I doubt it'd be missed by too many (especially because you could easily move those Meet and Greets outside of the walls that would go up).

Surferboy567

Really hoping they announce where this is going soon. I don’t think this is the discourse they are looking for they want us talking about the new additions, not what it may or may not replace.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Slinky is of good length but implemented poorly.

I know a number of people for whom Slinky is their favorite attraction. I think you may underestimate the sense of fun that the coaster provides, especially for young families.

But to the OP point 1-2 omnimover type attractions at DHS would be phenomenal for adding capacity.

100% agree with this point. DHS also needs a high capacity boat ride. The old rumored Indy Shanghai Pirates tech ride would have been a great addition.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Now, I love the Muppets. It's a great attraction, and I hate to see it go. But I am worndering - what are the expansion options left for DHS? We know Animation to Sunset is one. Muppets courtyard is (sadly) another. Echo lake? Where else can DHS expand into without closing other attractions?

Purduevian

I'm sure this won't happen... however if monsters does take over Muppets courtyard.
Monsters Inc. Mike and Sully to the rescue is ~25,000sq ft at DCA and is rumored to be on the chopping block for Avatar.

MV3D is ~23,000sqft with a small expansion pad behind it.

Not that that the DCA animatronics are amazing, but one could make a pitch to get a fairly cheap 0 height C ticket dark ride to go along with the door coaster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom