News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Sneaky

and then next thing we know, animation courtyard is the exact same as it is now 20 years from now because all the following “phases” got cancelled. Seen it way too much for this not to be the expectation.
Yeah, I get your concerns, they’re valid. But closing muppetvision 3D so animation courtyard is “saved” for the future is actually the mystery box scene from family guy.
”Hold on Lois, Monsters inc in animation courtyard is an expansion is just an expansion, but the mystery box could be anything! Even an expansion in animation courtyard!”
Just you wait until bob iger starts to sell volcano insurance to us.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Yeah, I get your concerns, they’re valid. But closing muppetvision 3D so animation courtyard is “saved” for the future is actually the mystery box scene from family guy.
”Hold on Lois, Monsters inc in animation courtyard is an expansion is just an expansion, but the mystery box could be anything! Even an expansion in animation courtyard!”
Just you wait until bob iger starts to sell volcano insurance to us.

The thing that gets me on this though is that Monsters is relatively small in footprint, and the space behind AC is pretty large. If they put Monsters on AC, won't that preclude them from being able to add a bigger land somewhere later?

castlecake2.0

Here are more mockups and break downs of each area for comparison:
View attachment 809456
View attachment 809457
View attachment 809460
View attachment 809461
View attachment 809462
View attachment 809463
animation5-jpg.809464

Still thinking and hoping for Animation Courtyard. It still leaves the Sunset expansion pad behind Sunset Ranch. It gives them more room to play with. They don't have to worry about the service road behind Muppets. If Zootopia is truely another thing coming, the Grand Ave/Muppets area could also house that with a dark ride where Muppets is now.
Just here to say the soundstages looked so much better before they painted them all blue

Horizonsfan

Now, I love the Muppets. It's a great attraction, and I hate to see it go. But I am worndering - what are the expansion options left for DHS? We know Animation to Sunset is one. Muppets courtyard is (sadly) another. Echo lake? Where else can DHS expand into without closing other attractions?
There are expansion pads between ToT & Fantasmic that could squeeze in a C/D-ticket or two.

They could also conceivably reconstruct the Fantasmic Amphitheater into something that has day & night utilization, be it new shows, or a complete replacement. Martin said that was the spot considered for Tron at one point, IIRC. Just adding a daytime show to the arena would arguably be an expansion in my book.

Sneaky

I have a pitch. I know muppetvision 3D will probably need to go eventually for expansion, so here’s my pitch:
1. Build monsters in animation courtyard, with pathways setting up for a sunset boulevard expansion
2. Build a new high capacity Walk in sort of attraction somewhere else (maybe in the BATB plot?) to pick up the slack of muppetvision when it eventually goes
3. Get the muppets set up somewhere else (maybe HOP) for the long term. Preferably bring in the Henson company, though that’s unlikely.
4. When the time comes, professionally record muppetvision and put it in the Disney parks YouTube channel

Sneaky

There are expansion pads between ToT & Fantasmic that could squeeze in a C/D-ticket or two.

They could also conceivably reconstruct the Fantasmic Amphitheater into something that has day & night utilization, be it new shows, or a complete replacement. Martin said that was the spot considered for Tron at one point, IIRC. Just adding a daytime show to the arena would arguably be an expansion in my book.
Where exactly are the expansion pads?

James Alucobond

The thing that gets me on this though is that Monsters is relatively small in footprint, and the space behind AC is pretty large. If they put Monsters on AC, won't that preclude them from being able to add a bigger land somewhere later?
There’s an existing path between Launch Bay and Disney Jr. that they could always connect both to the RRC courtyard and the intersection across from the B&B entrance that would allow access to an additional pad.

CoasterCowboy67

We’re not talking about a traditional movie. There’s more to the experience than just what is on the screen.
Sure, but the effects aren't so spectacular and difficult to replicate. It's not like It's Tough to be a Bug where you need special seats and more complex physical environment and characters.

It is strange to me that Disney updates things to destroy them. MV just got new seats, new effects on the walls…what’s the point if you know what’s coming?
That's probably because it's a different budget and decision-making workflow. Simple maintenance is unlikely something WDI or Sr. Leadership gets involved with -- that's just park operations

Tha Realest

Now, I love the Muppets. It's a great attraction, and I hate to see it go. But I am worndering - what are the expansion options left for DHS? We know Animation to Sunset is one. Muppets courtyard is (sadly) another. Echo lake? Where else can DHS expand into without closing other attractions?
They quite literally boxed themselves in with this waste of space

1723729049666.png

LSLS

So, caveat being I don't know what all the backstage stuff is, so some may not be doable. BUT, if you go Animation, back through Launch Bay and into the parking lot behind there, that would be pretty much the same area as Muppets. That leaves another almost 14 acres behind RnRC/west of the Monsters area all the way to TSL that could also be expanded (Again, some of that stuff could be things that couldn't be moved, so maybe not all of that can go).

People are going to be upset about Muppets no matter what. But I think you are seeing a much larger outcry because there is so much dead space on the other side of the park, where it feels like Monsters would fit better anyways. If the plan is a large Zootopia area back that way, I think a lot more people would be accepting of losing Muppets if that was done first.

bwr827

Even the misfits that are running things at Disney aren't that dumb. I agree that being up front with your plans is the right way. But if they said, muppets, rivers of America and Tom Sawyer Island were being deep sixed. I can almost guarantee there would be a very bad reaction during the presentation and they knew it. They wanted the, look at all the amazing stuff Disney is doing! headlines.
Pretty amusing that anyone thinks an arena full of hardcore fans is the right venue for nuance and rational thinking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom