News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Phicinfan

I simply don't get this move to Muppets area. It just logistically makes no sense to me.

You have Toy Story land in one corner, you have the Cars show in another corner, now you are going to take an entirely different corner and put Monsters Inc.

So this is Pixar Hollywood Studios with Star Wars thrown in?

Having Monsters in Animation courtyard gives the option to tie all the Pixar properties together in one area, it just flows so much better to me.

ToTBellHop

I simply don't get this move to Muppets area. It just logistically makes no sense to me.

You have Toy Story land in one corner, you have the Cars show in another corner, now you are going to take an entirely different corner and put Monsters Inc.

So this is Pixar Hollywood Studios with Star Wars thrown in?

Having Monsters in Animation courtyard gives the option to tie all the Pixar properties together in one area, it just flows so much better to me.
I don’t think they need to have all of the content from one studio together.

Big_Shakalaka

Doing some armchair imagineering. Is this a possibility? Move the entrance directly to the street, build Monsters Inc land next to it, Muppets either has an exit right back out to the street using a path where Grand Ave is now, or exits into Monstropolis.
Screenshot 2024-08-15 at 10.11.55 AM.png

mikejs78

Premium Member
Not as one image but top of my head:

Sunset Market Ranch
Next to Theatre of the Stars
West of Tower
Behind Indy
Parking lot
West of World Drive (with one or two bridges next to BVD) depending on what went over there)

And of course there’s also now the Animation building and infrastructure, and what used to be the entrance plaza are south of the park towards the abandoned hotel.

Out of curiosity, do you have an idea of how much of the land west of World Drive is useable?

1723735342702.png

ToTBellHop

Where woudo the gravity box even be if it’s not in muppetvision OR replacing mama Melrose?
That dirt behind MV in the above image. It isn’t a huge gravity box since it coils on itself so much. It could also push out to the right to contact Melrose’s and take over some of the Muppet gift shop, which easily aligns as an exit gift shop.

LSLS

Doing some armchair imagineering. Is this a possibility? Move the entrance directly to the street, build Monsters Inc land next to it, Muppets either has an exit right back out to the street using a path where Grand Ave is now, or exits into Monstropolis.
View attachment 809540
Where would the coaster go? You are talking about an entire land with at least a coaster, a couple restaurants, and a shop in an area under 2 acres.

Sneaky

That dirt behind MV in the above image. It isn’t a huge gravity box since it coils on itself so much. It could also push out to the right to contact Melrose’s and take over some of the Muppet gift shop, which easily aligns as an exit gift shop.
Damn. I get it, but it sucks. I don’t think imagineering or anyone besides this HATES the muppets. I just wish there was some other way. I don’t even like grand avenue. I wish magic eye was possible.

Sneaky

Me too. Moving it to Epcot I also wish was true. Or maybe do a diff muppets show somewhere other than HOP.
Maybe MILF fun idea I had once was to turn laugh floor into a muppet labs show. Same format, but basically an interactive episode of the muppet show where the audience took park in classic bits. Statler and Waldorf make fun of the audience, Fozzie tells your jokes, interactive muppet labs bit, ect. Not quite muppet vision but it could be fun.

ToTBellHop

Incidentally, the Muppet store is about as big as the Mermaid theater so a show is possible if they’re okay having merch elsewhere (and there’s room elsewhere, especially if they move the employee cafeteria). Done well, they can use this small corner of the park VERY efficiently. Not that they’ve shown that ability with the likes of TSL…

Mike S

Ok. Legitimate question. What is going on with so many people who haven't posted for years suddenly becoming quite active since or around this D23? I've looked at a good number of profiles like this in these threads. I'd genuinely like to know, as it just seems very odd.
Because there’s finally something interesting to talk about whether it’s positive or negative.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom