News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Sneaky

Talked to Scott Gustin yesterday as we recorded another episode for my podcast. The new episode will go live likely Saturday morning.

But he did mention something that I haven't heard yet. He did hear that somebody in the know was kicking around ideas rerouting the entrance for Muppets and they would have to build back behind it. I'm paraphrasing here, but maybe it's something they are wrestling with.

But Scott admitted they don't know how "Disney" can do it, if there is even space to do it.
Gives me hope. This is what I mean. Not out of the realm of possibility. I don’t think we know the fully story yet.

ToTBellHop

Talked to Scott Gustin yesterday as we recorded another episode for my podcast. The new episode will go live likely Saturday morning.

But he did mention something that I haven't heard yet. He did hear that somebody in the know was kicking around ideas rerouting the entrance for Muppets and they would have to build back behind it. I'm paraphrasing here, but maybe it's something they are wrestling with.

But Scott admitted they don't know how "Disney" can do it, if there is even space to do it.
That would be to keep it open longer while construction commences behind it. It could keep MV open through the end of 2025 but I don’t believe any longer.

mattpeto

That would be to keep it open longer while construction commences behind it. It could keep MV open through the end of 2025 but I don’t believe any longer.
That's not exactly saving MV, so not sure why they would do that.

We also talked that the 2nd image was more generic and likely wasn't tied into Animation Courtyard. It was just showing what it would look like in any setting.

fgmnt

We’re not talking about a traditional movie. There’s more to the experience than just what is on the screen.
I think about how in the mid 2000s amusement parks had 4-D movies because of gimmicks like shaking seats and spewing water. MV is more extra dimensional than every other one of these shows because it has what, 3 AAs (?) and an actor on top of the bubbles and other in-theater effects. All of these elements are needed for the movie to actually work.

dreamfinding

I’ve heard a rumor for the longest time (not from Scott) that TWDC is legally required to keep one Muppets attraction at WDW? Is there any truth to this?

mattpeto

What did he mean by “rerouting the entrance and building behind it”? That is kinda gauge, and where else would it go?
???

1723732844814.png

ToTBellHop

That's not exactly saving MV, so not sure why they would do that.

We also talked that the 2nd image was more generic and likely wasn't tied into Animation Courtyard. It was just showing what it would look like in any setting.
I think the idea is to push off backlash a bit and limit the amount of time the park functions with reduced capacity. It’s not necessary for MV to close for the full 3 years. It also buys them time to come up with some other plan for the Muppets or hope we move on with our lives.

Incidentally, as this was being finalized, a certain result for the HoP was all-but-certain so a move from DHS to MK for the characters became the plan. Recent changes in our political system may necessitate one more iteration of HoP with 47 AAs. If they indeed need a 47th AA by 2025, Iger will insist on that happening.

mhochman

I have no info and there are people here who understand corporate decision making -and Disney specially- better than I do. But doesn't it seem the longer this goes on with no info the more likely they are changing their minds about killing MV? The point was made much earlier in this thread about the logic of keeping the two kill announcements close to each other. If this drags longer, it will feel heavier. It's making me more hopeful that they may not kill it. That said, I live my life with "expect the worst" so that I'm rarely disappointed. I'm fun to be around, trust me.

fgmnt

I don't think it would be physically impossible to build Monstropolis behind the courtyard. Knock down the store and Mama Melrose, and build the addition behind it all. I think they won't do that because of crowd flow issues and creation of an even longer stump end like Sunset. That being said, the Door Coaster would be a magnet for guests much like ToT is.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971 do you happen to have a map of the current DHS expansion pads, including some of the ideas they have tossed around over the years like expanding across the street?
Not as one image but top of my head:

Sunset Market Ranch
Next to Theatre of the Stars
West of Tower
Behind Indy
Parking lot
West of World Drive (with one or two bridges next to BVD) depending on what went over there)

And of course there’s also now the Animation building and infrastructure, and what used to be the entrance plaza are south of the park towards the abandoned hotel.

Last edited:

Captain Barbossa

The end of August is 16 days away. If you can’t scrape up a crumb of patience to wait for an announcement between now and then, then that’s on you and no one else. Some of y’all need to quit reading into the wait so much lol. There’s no vagueness from anyone and there’s not as much uncertainty as you think.

ToTBellHop

Not to go off topic into idpol, but you have to admit that deciding to mothball the attraction when faced with the possibility of having to add an AA for the first woman to go in there would look abysmal to the public.
Yes, but there’s no question that is the case. They should have just announced this Saturday. It becomes more problematic to close HoP by the day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom