News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Brer Panther

Disney Legend Josh Gad...

Josh Gad gets it.
I also doubt Disney wants to remove another people eater in the time it takes to build Monstropolis.
I gotta ask, is Launch Bay even popular? Not just really popular, I mean at all?
put them in iger’s office too
"Your plan to put Indiana Jones in Animal Kingdom is really making me nostalgic."
"For the first time you saw an Indiana Jones movie?"
"No, for when Eisner ran the company!"
"D'OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH-HO-HO-HO!"
Honestly, do they just hand out that status like bus drivers hand out Mickey stickers?
Only if you're a celebrity. I'm still shocked they didn't make Amy Poehler a Disney Legend at the most recent expo just because of Inside Out 2.
Disney would obviously just recast the voice, figuring it didn’t hurt Inside Out 2.
Oh, goody, would Olaf be voiced by Tony Hale too?

sedati

I still think the answer is to tear our Mama Melrose/christmas shop and the Studio store. Put the rid where Mama Melrose is and into backstage. And then put Harryhausens next to it.

MuppetVision theater can either be kept for Muppets or becomes a Monsters show.

Pizzarizzo becomes a Monsters quick serve (eventually) but can stay as is for now

Best aspect: this can be built without disrupting as much of the park since you'd only be losing a shop and a TSR. That's not nothing but it isn't nearly as bad as losing MV.

View attachment 809373
You could fit that same scenario by bulldozing the horrid Backlot Express two doors down

Charlie The Chatbox Ghost

My pitch:
Studio one store: flat ride and green space
Mama Melrose: electric mayhem hard luck cafe or sweedish chef resturaunt
Baseline tap house: rowlfs/hapiness hotel
Christmas shop: new muppet store themed to a joke shop run by fozzie
Sci-fi dine in: maybe change the clips to classic muppet show bits?
I didn't even think of using the Christmas shop space! That works for the Muppets obligatory gift shop, so replacing Studio One with green space would be great. As much as I'd love to preserve as much of the original Muppets area that's left, I think it'd be for the better.

Any chance we can restore the Piggy and Kermit mural?

doctornick

You could fit that same scenario by bulldozing the horrid Backlot Express two doors down
Well I think the park can handle losing a TSR much more a quick serve; also I think Backlot is quite large and pretty busy and I’m not sure they have good capacity to pick up that slack.

And honestly I’d remove Backlot along with the stunt so and do a large new land in that area when the time comes. But I’d do stuff in the Animation building/backstage first.

doctornick

It would completely undercut all of the hype from D23. Keep in mind we still have to find out where the DCA additions are going too.
The two Avengers rides are going on undeveloped land for sure.

I’ve seen people talk about being able to fit in Coco by removing a backstage building in Pixar Pier (see how they are always willing to do that in DLR?).

I believe Pandora is supposed to go in the Hollywoodland area in the corner replacing the Monsters ride and Philharmagic. Even so, that still a solid net gain in attractions for a park that has more rides at baseline than DHS (or DAK).

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
The whole point of using the Muppets area was to use preexisting infastructure which could be adapted to Monstropolis rather quickly. To build from scratch will delay things. Another reason for using preexisting infrastructure; it allows them to put additional funding toward the attractions. i.e. "better" attractions or "more" attractions. (in theory)

That said... the solution to pacify diehard Muppet fans is simple, if not a little unorthodox. Relocate MuppetVision3D into Lightning McQueen Race Academy (it's no longer needed) There's even enough land there to develop a Muppet Studios facade, shops and if needed commit to an oft-mentioned muppetized RnRC.

ToTBellHop

The whole point of using the Muppets area was to use preexisting infastructure which could be adapted to Monstropolis rather quickly. To build from scratch will delay things. Another reason for using preexisting infrastructure; it allows them to put those costs into the attractions. i.e. "better" attractions or "more" attractions. (in theory)

That said... the solution to pacify diehard fans is simple, if not a little unorthodox. Relocate MuppetVision3D into Lightning McQueen Race Academy. There's even enough land to expand Muppets if needed or the oft-mentioned Muppetized RnRC.
There is no reality where they pay to put a 33-year old 3D movie in another theater that lacks all of the in-theater gags (much less pay to add them).

Maybe they’ll throw the video on Disney+.

doctornick

The whole point of using the Muppets area was to use preexisting infastructure which could be adapted to Monstropolis rather quickly. To build from scratch will delay things. Another reason for using preexisting infrastructure; it allows them to put those costs into the attractions. i.e. "better" attractions or "more" attractions. (in theory)

Delay away. Better than losing valuable attraction capacity.

If you are going to spend billions on the parks, at least spend it well.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
This is how I envision Bob (for those who have seen the old country bears movie)

1723677813841.gif

doctornick

There is no reality where they pay to put a 33-year old 3D movie in another theater that lacks all of the in-theater gags (much less pay to add them).

Maybe they’ll throw the video on Disney+.
Not that I disagree with your premise but they did put it in DCA 20 years after its premiere.

Also if they are going to put Muppets in some other attraction anyway, they are still spending money to do so. So it might be viewed as a cost savings (and nostalgia) to keep it.

I agree that it isn’t being moved though.

Epcot82Guy

That said... the solution to pacify diehard Muppet fans is simple, if not a little unorthodox. Relocate MuppetVision3D into Lightning McQueen Race Academy (it's no longer needed) There's even enough land there to develop a Muppet Studios facade, shops and if needed commit to an oft-mentioned muppetized RnRC.

This was exactly my thought. While I don't love it, people are emotional enough now to actually welcome Muppets RnRC. The demographic who like Muppets and get the humor are probably more aligned to a thrill ride anyway. The Sunset theater could easily be retrofitted. And, you could even toss in a certain dino-themed spinner with new vehicles as a bonus to the "Muppet Studios" area. Add in some retail or dining, and multiple problems solved with basic retheming.

At this point, they could even do an updated version using the Racing Academy screens more. I wouldn't love it, but it would at least be an attempt.

ToTBellHop

Not that I disagree with your premise but they did put it in DCA 20 years after its premiere.

Also if they are going to put Muppets in some other attraction anyway, they are still spending money to do so. So it might be viewed as a cost savings (and nostalgia) to keep it.

I agree that it isn’t being moved though.
The show they may move them to will need to be redone anyway, so the calculus is different.

That theater by RnRC is so sparsely attended that I can’t see them paying to put anything else there. It’s remarkable we got that amazing Lightning McQueen AA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom