News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Erdago

I'm not privy to any specific plans for Muppets, but all I know is that 'the franchise will continue to exist at WDW if MV3D kicks the bucket'.
Well, if they do demolish all of Muppets Courtyard, there will still be Regal Eagle Smokehouse in Epcot, so the franchise will still technically exist in WDW, even if it isn’t in a form me (or many others) will want.

Brer Panther

What are the chances, assuming the AC plan is a go, they’ll move Disney junior elsewhere in the park (Mickey shorts theater + Olaf/Minnie M&G area maybe?)
Honestly not a bad idea to move Disney Junior to the Mickey shorts theater. Might as well put that theater to better use than playing shorts you don't need to go to a theme park to see.
Brayden is insinuating muppets has something else in the pipeline. I’m guessing rnrc

Muppets are safe at WDW. There's plans.
Fingers crossed for a dark ride. A non-trackless dark ride, we don't need another one.
Hey! All because a piece of media bombed doesn't take it out the running! Otherwise Indiana Jones and Encanto wouldn't be hogging up a whole land!
The Princess and the Frog was considered a flop by Disney too, didn't stop them from retheming Splash Mountain to it.
Why would going to a generic Hawaiian setting through a door be a more interesting idea for us to ride through?
I'd be okay with them doing that for a brief scene. But only if they have Mike say "Why couldn't we get banished HERE?" like in the movie. My family loves that line.

TrainsOfDisney

The courtyard concept art seems the newer of the two, to me.
Agreed… I also think the gravity building was recently added to the previous artwork.
Someone said the height requirement for this is presumed to be between 40”-42”
Probably the same physical coaster as Dragonflier at Dollywood which has a 39” height requirement.

Rob562

The concept art kind of reminds me of Dragonflier at Dollywood. Height requirement is only 39” for that one!

Exactly what I was thinking. I was pleasantly surprised by how fun Dragonflier was when I rode it last year.

Could unload be at the L and then could there be 4 load bays at the elevators and have it be a large open scare floor room. I can’t imagine they’d need 4 elevators if they only have 1 load, unless it has a very extensive show scene.

Could be a similar scenario to Rise with 4 load but only 1 unload area. Thematically, it would make the most sense to go immediately up before going forward (it’s how the movie works).

Would they do 4 separate load platforms? Or only 2?

My thinking was what if it was two load platforms, fed from the center, and each platform could service two train load positions. Train on track 1 is dispatched and rises up, while track two lowers down. After the movement the next train comes in on track 2 while whatever happens to the train on track 1 happens. Then they reverse again.

It just means that when loading, riders have to walk slightly farther for the outer train position. And when waiting to board the next train you get the visual of the train in front of you rising up into the ceiling.

-Rob

mattpeto

Yes they are, just not for a bit :)
ending the incredibles GIF by Disney Pixar

TimeDuck

I genuinely think that MV3D should not be allowed to be removed from that park. Disneyland is so much better about this stuff and it's such a shame that the original attraction is located in Florida, but it's a genuine piece of history that should continue to exist for as long as those theme parks do.

I would genuinely rather MV3D outlive modern muppets as they exist now, its irreplaceable as a piece of art and just preserving the movie does not do it any kind of justice.

SpectreJordan

Not much else Marvel they can use in Florida
Maybe they're saving space for a rainy day incase Universal ever budges.

As for Monster's Inc, I love the idea of a mini-land & the Door coaster. I just hope it doesn't replace Muppets & Star Tours. Even outside of my personal love of those two attractions, this would be an awful idea. Losing two attractions at the park that needs more the most is terrible.

Winter

I genuinely think that MV3D should not be allowed to be removed from that park. Disneyland is so much better about this stuff and it's such a shame that the original attraction is located in Florida, but it's a genuine piece of history that should continue to exist for as long as those theme parks do.

I would genuinely rather MV3D outlive modern muppets as they exist now, its irreplaceable as a piece of art and just preserving the movie does not do it any kind of justice.
...What???

It's just a decent 20(?) minute show that's so outdated that it's hyping up 3d as a new cool thing so long after it became big that it stopped being a popular fad over 10 years ago.

Like it's perfectly fine and I get really liking it if you're into the muppets but this seems like an insane exaggeration lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom