News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

PREMiERdrum

I see elevators in lieu of a lift hill. Not sure why there seem to be four. Two should suffice if there are trains?
I'm guessing here... perhaps adaptive and staggered show scenes that let each lift sequence get 2 trains up? Screens around the lift mechanism, train 1 gets the scene prior to train 2 coming in, then both lift, train 1 dispatches above while train 2 gets the scene above, then dispatches...?

SplashJacket

Ok, here is a better picture and I think I see what you mean. Load and Unload where I marked L, and then four tracks to lift up to the starting position.

View attachment 808408
Could unload be at the L and then could there be 4 load bays at the elevators and have it be a large open scare floor room. I can’t imagine they’d need 4 elevators if they only have 1 load, unless it has a very extensive show scene.

Could be a similar scenario to Rise with 4 load but only 1 unload area. Thematically, it would make the most sense to go immediately up before going forward (it’s how the movie works).

SoFloMagic

I see elevators in lieu of a lift hill. Not sure why there seem to be four. Two should suffice if there are trains?
Would two pairs of two make sense - one traveling, one locking in? Then a slowish ascent while a screen plays and the next train goes to the other side of the pair?
So at one moment:
Track one - emptying at top
Track 2 - show scene
Track three - returning to load
Track 4- loading at bottom

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Could unload be at the L and then could there be 4 load bays at the elevators and have it be a large open scare floor room. I can’t imagine they’d need 4 elevators if they only have 1 load, unless it has a very extensive show scene.

Could be a similar scenario to Rise with 4 load but only 1 unload area. Thematically, it would make the most sense to go immediately up before going forward (it’s how the movie works).

That is a possibility.

Jrb1979

I can see it working similar to how Cobras curse works at Busch Gardens

SplashJacket

Would two pairs of two make sense - one traveling, one locking in? Then a slowish ascent while a screen plays and the next train goes to the other side of the pair?
So at one moment:
Track one - emptying at top
Track 2 - show scene
Track three - returning to load
Track 4- loading at bottom
4 makes sense if they have dual load, but I cannot see any realistic scenario where 1 load could warrant 4 elevators. The elevator show scene would have to be over a minute, which I wouldn’t really expect.

ParkPeeker

so a ride emphasizing the most boring setting of all sounds like a really bad idea.
What are you talking about? The door vault chase is one of the most iconic Pixar set pieces. The door vault setting is one of the most visually interesting settings designed for the film. Its reveal even anticipates it as an interesting setting to see where all these doors come from. Getting to go around the gigantic room full of moving doors going all these different paths that we all recognize from the movie is not an uninteresting idea.

I’d argue that it’s a way more interesting setting than any of the through-the-door glorified backgrounds that the characters run through for a split second in the movie. None of the inside the door settings in the film, other than boo’s room, are memorable, as they are generic backgrounds for characters to whiz past by. Why would going to a generic Hawaiian setting through a door be a more interesting idea for us to ride through? Or even if they made a brand new fleshed out Paris setting through the door, how is that recognizable as monsters inc. other than the thin thread of I went through a door? The door vault is The iconic center set piece to focus on if we’re talking about a monsters inc ride.

Kevin_W

I disagree. As long as MK has overarching themed lands with multiple IP’s fitting into the themes of tomorrow, yesterday and fantasy with DHS having lands that transport you into that movie, were are good.

Monsters Inc doesn’t fit in any MK lands. It never did fit in Tomorrowland. It doesn’t fit in Adventure, Frontier or Fantasy…

I agree with this... though I'm exactly sure how "villians" fits along side Adventure, Frontier, MSUSA, etc. either

Johnny D

With Indy going in at DAK, this is my prediction

Screenshot 2024-08-11 at 4.33.40 PM 1.png

fgmnt

Probably same thrill as slinky which still has some of the highest wait times
Yes, despite all valid criticisms of Slinky Dog Dash, it commands a high wait time. This ride will slot in right alongside it for intensity, accessibility, and capacity. Families will hopefully be able to experience two similar attractions at the same park in probably 1.3x the current wait time for SDD.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom