News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

James Alucobond

I hate to say it…it’s coming. It’s an old attraction, in one of the last remains of “old dhs”, in prime expansion real estate, in a landlocked park. it’s gonna happen sooner or later, and we’re going to have to make peace with it. From what we’ve heard from multiple people is that imagineering understand that people want the muppets in the parks, and we’re getting something else somewhere, so that’s something! But muppets isn’t gonna last forever. It’s unfortunate.
The thing is, as others have said, it still rates highly and is the level of audience eater the park needs. There are also several tucked away places that they could relocate it where it would not be in the way of potential future expansions. It’s unfortunate that it is where it is, but there’s really no need to reinvent the wheel if they honestly want to keep the Muppets in the park. As hit-or-miss as the property has been lately, it feels like it would be better to stick with a known quantity.

Sneaky

I
The thing is, as others have said, it still rates highly and is the level of audience eater the park needs. There are also several tucked away places that they could relocate it where it would not be in the way of potential future expansions. It’s unfortunate that it is where it is, but there’s really no need to reinvent the wheel if they honestly want to keep the Muppets in the park. As hit-or-miss as the property has been lately, it feels like it would be better to stick with a known quantity.
I mean if it’s not retheming RNRC, where else would it go where it’s not the cars show is? Not one man’s dream, or the Mickey theatre, because it can’t fit In there

James Alucobond

I mean if it’s not retheming RNRC, where else would it go where it’s not the cars show is? Not one man’s dream, or the Mickey theatre, because it can’t fit In there
Racing Academy and Beauty and the Beast feel like two existing sensible plots for Muppets that are feeling quite tired, though the latter would obviously require more extensive work since it’s currently an open air theater.

Sneaky

Racing Academy and Beauty and the Beast feel like two existing sensible plots for Muppets that are feeling quite tired, though the latter would obviously require more extensive work since it’s currently an open air theater.
I’d be down for beauty and the beast, the only problem is that they use it for jollywood nights. Here’s my pitch: build muppetivision at beauty and the beast, and then throw in a Christmas overlay.

Trauma

I'm not making the argument that it's an incredible attraction with mass market appeal. Nothing I said speaks anything to the quality of it as a modern theme park draw in 2024.

I'm making the argument that's its a singular piece of art that has historical relevance outside of what's just projected on the screen, and deserves to continue to exist outside the immediate demands of the Walt Disney company. It being the very last project Jim Henson directed, the ingenuity of the 3D in combination with live actors, animatronics, puppets, projections - all make it something that's irreplaceable and likely will never be remotely duplicated. I think it should be the their responsibility to ensure it continues to exist. Whether or not it sits at that location in that theme park. In a perfect world it could just be relocated to somewhere like the Center for Puppetry Arts in Atlanta.

Not even to mention what a small foot print it takes up. To draw a perfect example, I think the 15 min original pre-show for MV3D is amazing and singular, but could entirely exist digitally and be preserved in a way that can be enjoyed for future generations at home. MV3D absolutely could not be.

I think there are a good number of attractions like this (some I don't even like that much that I would make the same argument for), they just mostly happen to exist in Walt's original park. This one just unfortunately happens to be in Florida.
You’re talking about the company the destroyed Splash Mountain. They won’t seem to care about rides that absolutely should be preserved.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Would they do 4 separate load platforms? Or only 2?

My thinking was what if it was two load platforms, fed from the center, and each platform could service two train load positions. Train on track 1 is dispatched and rises up, while track two lowers down. After the movement the next train comes in on track 2 while whatever happens to the train on track 1 happens. Then they reverse again.
I think you hit the nail on the head with that prediction. The four lifts are clearly within the Scare/Laugh Floor if you look at the supports and there are two identical floors (just mirrored). Feed from the center with a nice indoor queue just in front of the scare floor with unload in the back of the model. Loading from within the scare floor will be an awesome experience!

Untitled.jpg

Untitled2.png

It's the first minute or so of this scene more or less verbatim...

MrPromey

I think this makes a lot of sense. Also, it could possibly take over RNR. Hasn’t that been on the chopping block for a while?
That would get them a net zero in new attraction capacity. I don't think the ride building would be large enough to house a fully themed "lights on the whole way" coaster, either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom