News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Indy_UK

Nice to see a land announced. Prefer Monsters to say Zootopia. I feel it should go in Animation Courtyard as to not take away anything else that’s currently there. I do feel DisneyJr should be moved and updated too.

The plot where Indy currently is would be good but I think they would be silly to touch Muppets atm when there are better dead spots. The coaster itself I don’t think will be super intense but fun.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Yes, despite all valid criticisms of Slinky Dog Dash, it commands a high wait time. This ride will slot in right alongside it for intensity, accessibility, and capacity. Families will hopefully be able to experience two similar attractions at the same park in probably 1.3x the current wait time for SDD.
Slinky, by frequently topping Orlando wait times, is likely the driver behind a moderate-thrill coaster being chosen.

After the Door Coaster though, let's hope for a zero height requirement water ride!

SplashJacket

Nice to see a land announced. Prefer Monsters to say Zootopia. I feel it should go in Animation Courtyard as to not take away anything else that’s currently there. I do feel DisneyJr should be moved and updated too.

The plot where Indy currently is would be good but I think they would be silly to touch Muppets atm when there are better dead spots. The coaster itself I don’t think will be super intense but fun.
If they replace the Indy stunt show with Monsters, they could make it dead-end for now, but then eventually connect it with a Zootopia attraction between Muppets and Monstropolis. All three have similar aesthetics so it would work really well.

It’s also interesting, because they said they would drive expansion based on Disney+ viewership and I think this is a result of that. Monsters Inc and University are both very popular. Cars is also extremely popular on streaming, even if neither “franchise” has imminent future releases.

SplashJacket

This is really the best thing announced last night. It's so out of left field, at least at THIS point. It's like 15 years behind.
Exactly. I feel like we got everything we were possibly expected.

Usually we have a bucket of expectations and we get a third or half, but we got everything we could’ve expected (outside of Cars taking over from Coco) but then we also got this.

Very exciting

Moth

I feel like if one of the three problem kids of EPCOT (WoL, JII or SSE) got something announced, people would be a lot more positive about this.

I thought this was the D23 general thread but point still stands! All four parks should've gotten attraction news!

Last edited:

Moth

Do you have any insight into at least where they’re leaning for this location?
Would you believe me if I said I didn't know either? I've heard Muppets or Courtyard.

I know they've scoped out both locations for HS stuff, but I do not believe, especially after tidying up the theater, Muppets is at active risk.

Giving Courtyard 60/40 odds for the location. I don't believe they'll mess with Muppets until they set them up somewhere else in WDW. But I do think the clock will start ticking for them once Courtyard is solved.

Also someone who told me about Cars in FL also said Courtyard was being penned for a "Pixar-franchise land" so, hm.

Sneaky

Would you believe me if I said I didn't know either? I've heard Muppets or Courtyard.

I know they've scoped out both locations for HS stuff, but I do not believe, especially after tidying up the theater, Muppets is at active risk.

Giving Courtyard 60/40 odds for the location. I don't believe they'll mess with Muppets until they set them up somewhere else in WDW. But I do think the clock will start ticking for them once Courtyard is solved.
so from what you’re saying, muppets is gonna get set up somewhere else at wdw? I’m happy they won’t be completely eradicated. It’s sad that MV3D’s demise was looming, but it is unfortunatley inevitable. I hope whatever suceeeds it will be a worthy successor.

Homemade Imagineering

Also someone who told me about Cars in FL also said Courtyard was being penned for a "Pixar-franchise land" so, hm.
Crossing my fingers it’s AC. If not I agree they’ve gotta have an equal if not greater presence in the parks before MV is touched. Aren’t the Muppets owned by WDI or something?? How awkward if they’re responsible for gutting Jim Henson’s final project…

Moth

Crossing my fingers it’s AC. If not I agree they’ve gotta have greater presence in the parks before MV is touched. Aren’t the Muppets owned by WDI or something?? How awkward if they’re responsible for gutting Jim Henson’s final project…
so from what you’re saying, muppets is gonna get set up somewhere else at wdw? I’m happy they won’t be completely eradicated. It’s sad that MV3D’s demise was looming, but it is unfortunatley inevitable. I hope whatever suceeeds it will be a worthy successor.
I'm not privy to any specific plans for Muppets, but all I know is that 'the franchise will continue to exist at WDW if MV3D kicks the bucket'.

Muppets are owned by WDI, yes.

Or Tomorrowland in Disneyland....Boom Boom!
A double whammy of Imagination and DLR Peoplemover would be such an easy win. They can put Cars inside of the Carousel of Progress if they used those two to soften the blow.

Captain Barbossa

Yeah, but it is old Hollywood Studios and it's on a good size piece of land. I can't imagine it being around long term.
It’s watered down compared to what it used to be. And it’s a rarity if all the effects work properly in a single performance. As much as I hate to say it because it’s one of the few remaining things of classic MGM, they need to put it out of its misery once Indy opens at AK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom