News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

ToTBellHop

I mean, do people who work in the former Animation building have specific parks functions where they need to be onsite? I'm under the impression that they don't (anyone can feel free to correct me) and they could be just as easily served by an office in another location.

If that is true, then it preposterous to not move them immediately and tear that building down to expand the guest areas of the park. DHS is already kind of cramped with not enough stuff to do and poor guest flow due to dead ends. Removing the entire old Animation Building structure (not just Launch Bay) as well as parking that doesn't need to be within park boundaries is such a no brainer for the park's needs that it is infuriating that they are even talking about removing a currently used attraction for "expansion" instead.
They could move but you’d need to budget rebuilding all of that stuff which they just aren’t budgeting for in this project. The next CEO can find that money. Or not.

mattpeto

They could move but you’d need to budget rebuilding all of that stuff which they just aren’t budgeting for in this project. The next CEO can find that money. Or not.
For 2024 it's a stupid space for a theme park IMO. Those buildings/parking have to go to expand the park's footprint.

I'm not worried about the next phase. I don't want Launch Bay for another next 5-10 years.

doctornick

I mean, I get that. But to me you do this now. If that means the project needs to be stretched out an extra 1-2 years for a larger budget and more complex work then IMHO that's fine. It's better to actually improve the park and do it right ASAP than just just continue to putz around with changes that don't actually make anything better.

Haymarket2008

Muppet Vision 3D is a truly phenomenal attraction. That being said, we all know that it won't last forever. Unfortunately, with nearly every film-based attraction in the Disney Parks, it has a shelf life.

I really don't want it to be replaced this way. Especially when DHS is RIPE with expansion. No reason to replace it when there is empty space all over.

But if it absolutely must, the VERY least they can do is release and remaster the film and distribute it to the public as a celebration of Jim Henson's legacy.

ToTBellHop

Muppet Vision 3D is a truly phenomenal attraction. That being said, we all know that it won't last forever. Unfortunately, with nearly every film-based attraction in the Disney Parks, it has a shelf life.

I really don't want it to be replaced this way. Especially when DHS is RIPE with expansion. No reason to replace it when there is empty space all over.

But if it absolutely must, the VERY least they can do is release and remaster the film and distribute it to the public as a celebration of Jim Henson's legacy.
To be fair, the films Jim made are on Disney+. But, perhaps they could add a recording of this.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

But people around here said dozens of times that D+ would be profitable and the money spigot for the $60 billion for parks and experiences would start flowing cash on October 1, 2024.

JD80

Missed a few days here due to work, but has anyone discuss that TWDC has a "10 year plan" and all we've seen is the next 5 years? Monsters may go here because it's saving the space in Animation Courtyard for the back half of the 10 years of building?

I don't think this is the end all be all of turbocharged parks for a decade.

ednamodedarling

I really think Zootopia is the plan for AC ... it will be more expensive to build & they will likely have to develop a new attraction that isn't a clone of the trackless from shanghai to keep the offerings in DHS not to similar. If this is the case & they will relocate Muppets in due time ... I am okay with the placement of monsters.

hopemax

I think we'll be somewhere in the 2 minute territory.
You can walk up to Muppets, spend a half hour between the preshow and main show, where you get to sit in A/C and laugh at corny jokes and cheap 3D tricks… and people want to swap that out for a LL fee or an 80 minute wait on your feet, and 2 minutes! Sometimes I really hate people… cue Agent K from MIB.

LSLS

I really think Zootopia is the plan for AC ... it will be more expensive to build & they will likely have to develop a new attraction that isn't a clone of the trackless from shanghai to keep the offerings in DHS not to similar. If this is the case & they will relocate Muppets in due time ... I am okay with the placement of monsters.
It probably is, but as has been pointed out, those plans often change. Phase 2's get pushed off for long periods of time (heck this is what, like a decade for the door coaster?). Very realistically you could be looking at a minimum of 10 years before a Zootopia land opens. To me the bigger issue is that whatever the plan is for AC, it should come first, not second. And if that meant holding off for another 2 years to announce and start, so be it. You could easily add some small things to make refresh DHS a bit without needing a whole land right now.

Captain Barbossa

MV is quintessential MGM studios
Which is why it must go, in Disney’s eyes. They want to wash their hands of anything MGM related since the park’s theme has shifted. MV and Indy are candidates to be replaced by something entirely new. RnRC and ToT will be rethemed. Star Tours is safe, for now.

Disstevefan1

You can walk up to Muppets, spend a half hour between the preshow and main show, where you get to sit in A/C and laugh at corny jokes and cheap 3D tricks… and people want to swap that out for a LL fee or an 80 minute wait on your feet, and 2 minutes! Sometimes I really hate people… cue Agent K from MIB.
This is a big fear I have is Disney wants to get rid of all theater shows! We need some indoor, cool, seated attractions!

DKampy

Cars will not be open until 2029-2030.

Plenty of time for that to be altered quite a bit.

Indy and Zootopia are the only definites. Encanto ride is going to happen scale may dissapoint. Monsters Inc Coaster is the only solid after.
Monsters as a land will likely not feature as much as people will think.

So many grounds have broken to false promises before.
Cars is happening… they already have permits filed… the only land I am iffy about is Villans land…. But I suspect that is a goal with Universals Monsters on the prowl

easyrowrdw

Missed a few days here due to work, but has anyone discuss that TWDC has a "10 year plan" and all we've seen is the next 5 years? Monsters may go here because it's saving the space in Animation Courtyard for the back half of the 10 years of building?

I don't think this is the end all be all of turbocharged parks for a decade.
At this point, I don’t trust their 10 year plan.

Captain Barbossa

Cars is happening… they already have permits filed… the only land I am iffy about is Villans land…. But I suspect that is a goal with Universals Monsters on the prowl
Keep in mind that just because permits have been filed doesn’t mean things won’t be altered or built. We’ve seen that happen a many of times. But I don’t think Cars will be one of those instances. But that’s a discussion for a different thread.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom