News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

WorldExplorer

You can walk up to Muppets, spend a half hour between the preshow and main show, where you get to sit in A/C and laugh at corny jokes and cheap 3D tricks… and people want to swap that out for a LL fee or an 80 minute wait on your feet, and 2 minutes! Sometimes I really hate people… cue Agent K from MIB.

Don't forget; anyone could wander up to Muppets to do so! They're replacing it with a rollercoaster, so that's going to bar people from getting in.

They keep replacing calm experiences (relatively speaking, in the Muppet's case) with thrill rides.

And adding a flat ride doesn't make up for it. This was a solid half an hour of quality entertainment in the air conditioning. A mocked up tilt a whirl that lasts one minute and has a ridiculously long line isn't the same.

mattpeto

For those it may concern.

Please see Kermit at his home in Hollywood Studios sooner rather than later.

Unless a huge upset happens, which would be unprecedented this close to construction, I've been informed by all those that I talk to that Muppets Courtyard is the definitive development space for Monsters Inc.

Maybe the re-route is the best case scenario to MV. But that might mean they open Monsters with just one attraction, which feels like overkill for a "land".

SCOTLORR

Unless a huge upset happens, which would be unprecedented this close to construction, I've been informed by all those that I talk to that Muppets Courtyard is the definitive development space for Monsters Inc.
You may not know, but do you happen to have a clue of how quickly they currently plan to announce what’s going into animation courtyard then? Could this be something we hear about at destination d23 next year or are we looking at the next d23 event (2026) or later?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

Sad The Muppet Movie GIF by Muppet Wiki

Rosso11

Missed a few days here due to work, but has anyone discuss that TWDC has a "10 year plan" and all we've seen is the next 5 years? Monsters may go here because it's saving the space in Animation Courtyard for the back half of the 10 years of building?

I don't think this is the end all be all of turbocharged parks for a decade.
Correct they are planning for the future with these moves. What we’ve seen so far is the first 5 years. From what I’ve heard there are actually a few smaller surprises that should be open in the next 5 years that have still not been made public yet.

However as far as placements and moves these are being done with the future in mind. Park ops have a lot of say over placements and they are always trying to help guest flow. That’s a big reason why what’s happening in Frontierland is happening. I would expect they are looking at a similar solution to the dead end of Sunset Boulevard and whatever takes the place of Animation Courtyard will be in conjunction with fixing that problem. They do have overall plans for the second half of this 10 year plan but themes are still in flux and can change significantly especially if we see some surprise hits these next few years. But with all of this growth they have some major operational goals they would like to achieve with it.

Sneaky

It was a good run.

Moth

You may not know, but do you happen to have a clue of how quickly they currently plan to announce what’s going into animation courtyard then? Could this be something we hear about at destination d23 next year or are we looking at the next d23 event (2026) or later?
Courtyard is apart of the greater ten year plan that'll take us to 2034. I don't expect anything solid about Courtyard until D23 2028 at the earliest.

nickys

Premium Member
Cars is happening… they already have permits filed… the only land I am iffy about is Villans land…. But I suspect that is a goal with Universals Monsters on the prowl
They’d started digging for Main St Theatre when that was cancelled. Although it wasn’t officially cancelled, it was just never mentioned again.

Erdago

The only reason I’m not disappointed they ultimately went with Muppets over Animation Courtyard is that I had no confidence that they wouldn’t go with removing Muppet Vision, no matter what other circumstances happened.

I’m incredibly sad to see Muppets get closed, but I’m not remotely surprised that nothing anyone said changed the outcome.

Sneaky

Courtyard is apart of the greater ten year plan that'll take us to 2034. I don't expect anything solid about Courtyard until D23 2028 at the earliest.
Makes me sad muppets “had” to die. I hope this ain’t the last we see of them at wdw. On the plus side, makes me happy to see all these people that still care for the muppets with the backlash.

CJR

That area is significantly larger. My guess is this cost a lot less, and with the larger lands in MK coming already, they didn't want to budget THAT much at once.

That's not going to change though, I'm not confident the they'll want to do it later either. That's my point. It'll be replace Beauty and the Beast, replace Indy, replace Star Tours, etc. If they wanted to fill that space, they could do it today.

Erdago

Makes me sad muppets “had” to die. I hope this ain’t the last we see of them at wdw. On the plus side, makes me happy to see all these people that still care for the muppets with the backlash.
At this point, I’m going to assume that Regal Eagle will remain the only long term Muppets representation until/if we see a new Muppets attraction announced and opened.

Moth

Is the re-route even possible or on the table?
If a re-route happens it's temporary to keep capacity during construction. The building would be used for the Muppet Courtyard plans.
One can only laugh.
It's sad. But when you realize the land they could get out of Animation Courtyard, it makes sense why they're hesitant on placing a land that'd just be one coaster, a supposed show, and a playground. They can easily make a killer app akin to GE that can deliver over there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom