News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

The Chatbox Ghost

I personally believe Gad is worthy of the Legend status, he's incredibly talented in musicals (even if you may find Olaf annoying, he can sing really well), and helped give Disney their biggest cash cow. Plus, he's a big parks and Muppets nerd. He's one of us more than he is some random celebrity. Perhaps they gave it to him too early, but I think he deserves it nonetheless.

bwr827

Slinky is weird in that it is generally themed poorly and all critiques about it are right, but it has rave reviews with any person you ever talk to.

I’ll talk to lawyers and other professionals about their Disney trip and they’ll glow about “the Slinky ride.”
All critiques about it are right? Obviously not.

doctornick

Frozen's been out for 11 years now and the franchise has made roughly $13.9 billion. Makes sense as to why the Frozen cast were honoured, but maybe they should have waited until after Frozen 4

Just FWIW, in addition to Olaf he was also LeFou in the live action BatB and was also in one of the Ice Age movies (Blue Sky but also owned by Disney)

and he was in the horrible Artemis Fowl movie

Last edited:

pdude81

Sure, but they won’t be canceling this, Tropical Americas, or Cars. They announced them much closer to construction starting than has been the case in the 2010s. They are budgeted and commence construction imminently. We will see on Villains and things like Incrediblercoaster and Zootopia.
Is that where we try to follow Dash though Metroville to watch his HS band concert?

Advisable Joseph

Talked to Scott Gustin yesterday as we recorded another episode for my podcast. The new episode will go live likely Saturday morning.

But he did mention something that I haven't heard yet. He did hear that somebody in the know was kicking around ideas rerouting the entrance for Muppets and they would have to build back behind it. I'm paraphrasing here, but maybe it's something they are wrestling with.

So
But Scott admitted they don't know how "Disney" can do it, if there is even space to do it.
Is "they" in this senence the "they" at Disney above, or Scott and friends (other than you?!)?

The real problem I'm having, I think, is that I don't know why "Disney" is in quotes, and trying to figure that out is confusing me.

Tha Realest

DSNY has a video about it now. He brought up the view from SWGE, which I didn’t think of before.

I just watched the video too. Great point!

Also, WDI no longer cares about such things, so…?

Seems if you believe many they do care about losing out on their precious parking and office space, so see ya, Muppets!

PizzaPlanet

If they want to reuse restaurant infrastructure, couldn’t they turn Disney Jr back into a restaurant? Then move that show to either the Sounds Dangerous building or Racing Academy (might need that AA for something soon…)

horatiog

Slinky is weird in that it is generally themed poorly and all critiques about it are right, but it has rave reviews with any person you ever talk to.

I’ll talk to lawyers and other professionals about their Disney trip and they’ll glow about “the Slinky ride.”

On the topic of slinky dog, I think the draw is that it's an outdoor coaster at a resort not known for outdoor coasters. There are five, maybe five and a half, depending on how you count Tron: Big Thunder, Barnstormer, Seven Dwarfs, Everest, and Slink. Of those, Big Thunder is awesome and iconic, but Barnstormer is a true kiddy ride, and Seven Dwarfs is too short, while Everest doesn't appeal to families.

Slinky Dog is the first outdoor coaster at WDW to give high-up arial views while being accessible to families with children. It also has a fun launch sequence that isn't too thrilling but has fun flashing lights that make kids smile. But more than that, it gets you up close and personal with a beloved character from a beloved movie, and he talks! It's a ride vehicle that talks!

It's popular because it offers fun views from the sky while being accessible to families, and it's also a character experience!

While I agree it may be too lightly themed, the "Andy built a roller coaster kit in his backyard and attached Slink to the track" idea doesn't really offend me, and seems like a decent justification for building an outdoor roller coaster in an immersively-themed area. What are the other options -- a runaway train? They already did that. Twice.

Now Tron's outdoor section, on the other hand...

mattpeto

So

Is "they" in this senence the "they" at Disney above, or Scott and friends (other than you?!)?

The real problem I'm having, I think, is that I don't know why "Disney" is in quotes, and trying to figure that out is confusing me.
It’s vague, you can hear the line as soon as I publish the episode. But I think “they” means Disney here.

Brer Panther

”Hold on Lois, Monsters inc in animation courtyard is an expansion is just an expansion, but the mystery box could be anything! Even an expansion in animation courtyard!”
With our luck, they'll probably put a Family Guy attraction in Hollywood Studios at some point too.
the frozen sing along was an overlay that didn’t take out any of the muppets infrastructure. It was temporary.
It was SUPPOSED to be temporary - it stuck around long after Frozen Fun ended. The only reason they got rid of it was because they decided to stick a Frozen show in the Hyperion Theater.
He is a Disney Legend - you may not agree but he is. Haha.
I personally believe Gad is worthy of the Legend status, he's incredibly talented in musicals (even if you may find Olaf annoying, he can sing really well), and helped give Disney their biggest cash cow. Plus, he's a big parks and Muppets nerd. He's one of us more than he is some random celebrity. Perhaps they gave it to him too early, but I think he deserves it nonetheless.
I'd argue he's more of a Disney Legend than Anthony Anderson, Tracee Ellis Ross, and Christina Aguilera.

James Alucobond

This might be doe-eyed optimism talking, but I think anything that currently has "Walt Disney's" in the title (all 2 of those) will exist in some form for at least a few more decades.
I think there’s exactly one fairly “safe” attraction per land (meaning safe in the sense that it will likely continue to nominally exist in some form even if significantly altered), and CoP isn’t one of them. I’d personally bet on Space Mountain, Small World, Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder, Pirates, the Castle (if that counts), and that’s about it.

horatiog

I think there’s exactly one fairly “safe” attraction per land (meaning safe in the sense that it will likely continue to nominally exist in some form even if significantly altered), and CoP isn’t one of them. I’d personally bet on Space Mountain, Small World, Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder, Pirates, the Castle (if that counts), and that’s about it.
I would bet on Peter Pan's Flight long before I'd bet on Small World remaining at WDW into the distant future. I would also bet on the carousel and Dumbo remaining in Fantasyland -- Dumbo was so popular they re-created a higher-capacity version. I also highly doubt the train would ever fully go away, but I'm less certain about that one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom