News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

mikejs78

Premium Member
A coaster and a show. Aka. The Iger Special©. Underbuild and call it a "mini-land". Hopefully they maintain the 5-1 ratio of shops and restaurants to rides.

Muppets aside, what's wrong with that? Of there is indeed a new show to replace muppets, plus a new D ticket attraction with 1600-1700 pph, and theming to tie it together, that's a net gain for the Studios.

I'd prefer muppets stay. But if they do have plans for behind AC that they couldn't fit anywhere else, I can see why they would do this.

Still, I wonder if it would have been feasible to have the entrance to Monsters just beyond muppets, so you keep Muppets courtyard and everything there, but just build new beyond that.

The Chatbox Ghost

Yeah. Idk man. Could be either way. Like what if he’s wrong? He’s putting a lot of faith in his sources.
If he's wrong, he'll likely turn and join the fight to save them. He said that if the Walt animatronic turns out to use AI and/or put words in Walt's mouth that he never said, he'll join the side of people who are against it. He seems to be in a "wait until we know for sure" sort of mindset for everything, which is definitely more cool-headed than he's been in the past.

The Chatbox Ghost

Harry’s is included. No idea if it will actually have sushi or something more playful.
Would love to see some creative sushi rolls themed after monster tropes- appetizing ones, at least.
Random question: is there any issue with using the Harryhausen name for the restaurant? Obviously it was in the movie but would they have to get some sort of approval from Ray’s estate?
The Disney Magic Kingdoms mobile game changed the name to "Cyclops Sushi", but that's also a cheap mobile game. Disney may pay the money to have the restaurant match the movie.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Muppets aside, what's wrong with that? Of there is indeed a new show to replace muppets, plus a new D ticket attraction with 1600-1700 pph, and theming to tie it together, that's a net gain for the Studios.

I'd prefer muppets stay. But if they do have plans for behind AC that they couldn't fit anywhere else, I can see why they would do this.

Still, I wonder if it would have been feasible to have the entrance to Monsters just beyond muppets, so you keep Muppets courtyard and everything there, but just build new beyond that.
Put Monsters where the Animation Courtyard is. If they hadn't built Woody's Lunchbox where they did, they'd have an easy walkway to tie the two lands together. Could have put GE where the Indy stunt show is (plus some parking lot space, which they could have reconfigured differently since it was going to be changed anyway, or just built a parking ramp), so they could have tied that together with Star Tours while retaining the ability to use the LMA/Backlot space for other things. Better use of the land in TSL, as was pointed out when it was first announced, would have helped space utilization as well.

Short-sighted band-aids without a cohesive, driving vision.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom