News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

The Chatbox Ghost

Talked to Scott Gustin yesterday as we recorded another episode for my podcast. The new episode will go live likely Saturday morning.

But he did mention something that I haven't heard yet. He did hear that somebody in the know was kicking around ideas rerouting the entrance for Muppets and they would have to build back behind it. I'm paraphrasing here, but maybe it's something they are wrestling with.

But Scott admitted they don't know how "Disney" can do it, if there is even space to do it.
Why would they do all that but not just use Animation Courtyard? I feel like it's easier to demolish an abandoned animation studio than it is to completely reroute the entrance of Muppets AND build an entire land on top of the service road and employee parking lots

Sneaky

Why would they do all that but not just use Animation Courtyard? I feel like it's easier to demolish an abandoned animation studio than it is to completely reroute the entrance of Muppets AND build an entire land on top of the service road and employee parking lots
Never underestimate the desire to push things off, and for executives refusal give up their offices.

ToTBellHop

Far more employee facilities behind Launch Bay. And building a temporary exit isn’t a big deal. Been done many times at WDW.

Sneaky

At this point I am wondering what has convinced Tom so much when literally all other signs point otherwise.

Surferboy567

In this case, they may replace an area with one show with an area with a show and coaster.
Speaking of, are we talking a moved laugh floor for the show? It makes way too much sense, though it may be weird if the coaster takes place on the laugh floor that this always takes place there. It could just be a different laugh floor though as I think their are lots of laugh “floors” at Monsters Inc.

EDIT: We also get Harry‘s

WowFactor

Ok. Legitimate question. What is going on with so many people who haven't posted for years suddenly becoming quite active since or around this D23? I've looked at a good number of profiles like this in these threads. I'd genuinely like to know, as it just seems very odd.

Odd indeed but legit.
This is the first D23 since we saw the real shape of Epic. Everyone was anxiously awaiting Disney's response, which was very positive until fans discovered the costs, cuts and sacrifices in attractions and parts of the park that matter too much to WDW's legacy. Since then everyone has been complaining all over the internet 😂🤣😂

JohnD

Talked to Scott Gustin yesterday as we recorded another episode for my podcast. The new episode will go live likely Saturday morning.

But he did mention something that I haven't heard yet. He did hear that somebody in the know was kicking around ideas rerouting the entrance for Muppets and they would have to build back behind it. I'm paraphrasing here, but maybe it's something they are wrestling with.

But Scott admitted they don't know how "Disney" can do it, if there is even space to do it.
Just change the entrance to where the trees are just before going into GE. Close the entrance inside MC and retheme to Monsters. As for the exit, guests would have to be routed to their right and walk alongside the building rather than left into MC as occurs now.

1723737847317.png

Last edited:

Sneaky

Same here, he seems super convinced. Which leads me to hold out just a small bit of hope.
Like, I know he’s been wrong before, but this is everyone. He’s been saying “Disney knows how much we like muppetvision”, but idk if I trust him on that. What could he have possibly seen or heard that could have convinced him otherwise? Like so many people would be wrong.

Surferboy567

Just to point out this looks similar to an earlier version of the door coaster. That one fitted inside studio one (which became the TSM 3rd track) and front foyer with a bit more spill.
I really hope it’s a big and expansive coaster and area. I don’t want to see a half baked version of such a potentially great attraction. The factory is huge alone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom