News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

horatiog

A lot of people are wanting Monsters to go into Animation Courtyard because they want to save Muppets, but while I enjoy Muppet-Vision, my reason for wanting them to go with Animation Courtyard is that the concept art that seems to point that way shows a much grander and more authentic entrance to the Monsters Inc. building, while the other one just sticks it right in the middle of the city.

All I want is to walk in those iconic doors with the eyeball handles and see Celia answering the phone. I want to walk down the hallway and see the "Scare Floor" sign with "Scare" scraped off and a haphazard "laugh" banner put in its place. I want to see Roz in her window staring guests down. And I want to walk into the loading zone and see the scare assistants' desks, and across from them, a hanging coaster load area, with the iconic doors and their lighted indicators.

I love Monsters Inc., and if they do this right it will be my favorite area at Studios. But they need to do it right.

Now, if we could just get Wall-E at EPCOT...

Quietmouse

dhs needs more dark rides. I understand the need for creating a different environment to magic kingdom, but Disney does not do coasters well.

They do dark rides well. They do boat rides well. They do the system that Indy and dinosaurs use well. But for whatever reason they just simply can’t do coasters well.

Which is okay and why dhs needs more of their magic sauce of what Disney is actually good at doing.

peter11435

dhs needs more dark rides. I understand the need for creating a different environment to magic kingdom, but Disney does not do coasters well.

They do dark rides well. They do boat rides well. They do the system that Indy and dinosaurs use well. But for whatever reason they just simply can’t do coasters well.

Which is okay and why dhs needs more of their magic sauce of what Disney is actually good at doing.
lol

Disney has done several coasters very well

It doesn’t have to be the most thrilling roller coaster in the world to be a great attraction

Bugsy

Don't wish too hard. We might get a retheme of spaceship earth.
I hope Muppets stays for all the love of it in this forum. Losing GMR sucked. I don't get to Florida much anymore, live in Hawaii now, but its not fun to lose fun stuff. If Spaceship Earth leaves, OMG, too much for me.

Wherever you live though, be sure to look at flights to Tokyo from the U.S. Tokyo Disney still has cheap flights and cheap day passes if you ever want to try it, though! They have great attractions and is a big reason I visit Tokyo more than U.S. Disney parks now and cheaper than skiing back home in Colorado! Just an option to keep open!

UNCgolf

Expedition Everest and BTMR are very good to great attractions as coasters, and obviously lots of people would argue that Cosmic Rewind is too (I think it's a good coaster, but not a great attraction).

Regardless, you're right that a coaster isn't really what DHS needs right now. It's obviously better than nothing, but if it replaces Muppets, it's probably not going to help the park experience.

DarkMetroid567

I hope Muppets stays for all the love of it in this forum. Losing GMR sucked. I don't get to Florida much anymore, live in Hawaii now, but its not fun to lose fun stuff. If Spaceship Earth leaves, OMG, too much for me.

Wherever you live though, be sure to look at flights to Tokyo from the U.S. Tokyo Disney still has cheap flights and cheap day passes if you ever want to try it, though! They have great attractions and is a big reason I visit Tokyo more than U.S. Disney parks now and cheaper than skiing back home in Colorado! Just an option to keep open!
The 10-12 hour flights never get any easier… and I’m not in the Business class of society yet.

Moth

Ok. Legitimate question. What is going on with so many people who haven't posted for years suddenly becoming quite active since or around this D23? I've looked at a good number of profiles like this in these threads. I'd genuinely like to know, as it just seems very odd.
It's like a beacon. Everyone got alerted of new park stuff and now they wanna come here and chat, especially with the fact we're losing some classics!

DarkMetroid567

Ok. Legitimate question. What is going on with so many people who haven't posted for years suddenly becoming quite active since or around this D23? I've looked at a good number of profiles like this in these threads. I'd genuinely like to know, as it just seems very odd.
I usually come back for the major announcements. And D23 happened to fall on a time where I am between jobs and vacations, to the point where I have genuinely Nothing to do

Bugsy

For me. I've been a lurker for years. This is huge news to me though. I'm also curious about people's reactions to their own reactions versus what else is happening.

Last edited by a moderator:

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
lol

Disney has done several coasters very well

It doesn’t have to be the most thrilling roller coaster in the world to be a great attraction
Depends on what you define “well”.

Guardians is excellent across the board.

Slinky is of good length but implemented poorly.

TRON and 7DMT are excellently themed but far too short.

But to the OP point 1-2 omnimover type attractions at DHS would be phenomenal for adding capacity.

WoundedDreamer

I'm still recovering from that presentation. When they said "we just don't have enough time to make it through these announcements" I nearly lost it. They had enough time to bring out Pentatonix for a musical medley, but they didn't have time to actually announce stuff!?!? I'd be curious to see a breakdown of what parts of the presentation were singing, what parts were mediocre skits, and what parts were actually announcing stuff.

Admittedly, the Feed the Birds rendition was actually one of the better musical numbers IMO!

Last edited by a moderator:

Winter

I only go on here to see Disney World news. I've mostly just continued looking in here to see if any news on this land's location comes out, or to see villains land speculation/ideas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom