News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

doctornick

Muppetvision is going to die eventually. If it doesn't die for Monsters now it's going to die for Incredibles, Zootopia, Star Wars expansion, whatever down the road. We all know it deep down.

If this is it I'll be sad but at least this Monsters concept is so cool it can be a worthy replacement. The one thing, however, is they need find Muppets a new place for a new show as soon as possible if MV is going. If not they deserve as much anger as they will get.

See I totally disagree. If the idea is that they “need” to have Muppets somewhere then it’s pretty idiotic IMHO to remove MV. Because then you are just spending money shuffling deck chairs. If you are determined to keep Muppets, then keep what you have and put Monsters somewhere else and save that money and hassle (downtime, etc). No reason to be more disruptive than you have to be.

CoasterCowboy67

Any indication they would repurpose the Muppets theater and make a Monsters show of it? A relocated Laugh Floor — which has nothing to do with Tomorrowland anyway? In the concept art, it does still look like a brick building is to the right of the HQ building. Harryhausen could go where PizzeRizzo is. Would love for the land to be more than just one attraction if it’s to be a proper land

DavidDL

I know it will never, ever happen but I wish they would just move Muppet*Vision 3D next to Rock n' Roller Coaster and re-theme the coaster to Electric Mayhem, turning that whole area into a new Muppets Courtyard type of area. I say this has a huge fan of Rock n' Roller Coaster, too. Electric Mayhem doing covers of popular rock songs (including Aerosmith) is the perfect way to expand the musical selection while also insulating the attraction from any potential "real world" unpleasantness band members may get themselves into, just enough.

Assuming the fountain gets moved, too, the only thing really lost in the process would be, what? PizzeRizzo? There was a Muppet shop but I don't believe they open it for anything other than special events anymore and stuff like the props inside could certainly be moved, as well.

A man can dream.

erasure fan1

See I totally disagree. If the idea is that they “need” to have Muppets somewhere then it’s pretty idiotic IMHO to remove MV. Because then you are just spending money shuffling deck chairs.
And don't forget the giant elephant in the room. Does anyone think that Disney, and their extremely lackluster handling of the Muppets, could come ANYWHERE close to what Henson did? For most muppet fans I know and talk to, muppet vision is absolutely as classic as anything that's come before it. I have less than zero faith in Disney, to not to jack it up.

GenChi

See I totally disagree. If the idea is that they “need” to have Muppets somewhere then it’s pretty idiotic IMHO to remove MV. Because then you are just spending money shuffling deck chairs. If you are determined to keep Muppets, then keep what you have and put Monsters somewhere else and save that money and hassle (downtime, etc). No reason to be more disruptive than you have to be.

What I personally want is not what the reality is, and that really shouldn't be conflicted. Even on page 1 I said I didn't want them to remove Muppets for this.

You have to think in terms of an executive thinking of the GP, not us. To them this is a show that was filmed during the Cold War, one that has lived out its life. They think GP would see it as old and that a "replacement" show would be received well and can be promoted as a new attraction that gets another 25 years out of Muppets. Meanwhile they put a full coaster in an prime area that would very much excite GP and even serious park fans, with both getting more attendance and LL, to them that's worth the shuffling, downtime and investment. They also actually can make a good new ride contrary to belief, Great Moments in American History showed that. And we'd deserve that at minimum.

If I chose MV would never leave. It's as perfect of a Muppets attraction as you will ever get, it and TOT are the jewels of DHS imo. But reality is it's going to go for something, and stopping this now will just stall that a few years. At least that isn't taking it away for a pile of dirt with some trucks with dumb googly eyes attached. I'm just saying it bluntly, because it's going to go now or later on, even if we don't want it to.

Chef idea Mickey`=

If we got all worked up for nothing, it will be very funny.
It would be a sigh of relief because the only reason anyone is all worked up is from how Cars didn't have a location other than saying reimagine of frontier and two days later the truth got released thrown out so Monster's Land is in same bag except a bit worse because we see two concept arts in two different locations.

Sneaky

What I personally want is not what the reality is, and that really shouldn't be conflicted. Even on page 1 I said I didn't want them to remove Muppets for this.

You have to think in terms of an executive thinking of the GP, not us. To them this is a show that was filmed during the Cold War, one that has lived out its life. They think GP would see it as old and that a "replacement" show would be received well and can be promoted as a new attraction that gets another 25 years out of Muppets. Meanwhile they put a full coaster in an prime area that would very much excite GP and even serious park fans, with both getting more attendance and LL, to them that's worth the shuffling, downtime and investment. They also actually can make a good new ride contrary to belief, Great Moments in American History showed that. And we'd deserve that at minimum.

If I chose MV would never leave. It's as perfect of a Muppets attraction as you will ever get, it and TOT are the jewels of DHS imo. But reality is it's going to go for something, and stopping this now will just stall that a few years. At least that isn't taking it away for a pile of dirt with some trucks with dumb googly eyes attached. I'm just saying it bluntly, because it's going to go now or later on, even if we don't want it to.
I just want a new muppets attraction as the replacement. I hope the hall of presidents happens but even then I’m not so sure if it happens.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

Why is demolishing the stunt show for Monsters not under consideration? It's older, expensive to run, and Indy will have a new home in AK anyway.
Perhaps down the line Indy will go for a land that expands out into the parking lot.
The Launch Bay / Animation building makes perfect sense.

Which is why I am afraid it's Muppets.

The LB/Animation building made the most sense for Runaway Railway too. Which of course is why they replaced TGMR instead.

Maybe the animation building has compromising photos of Iger.
There is a massive area behind Animation Courtyard. Perhaps they have bigger plans for that area with a larger land or two mini lands down the line and they want to keep those options open.

rct247

Here are more mockups and break downs of each area for comparison:
Muppets1.png

Animation1.png

Muppets2.png

Animation2.png

Animation3.png

Animation4.png

animation5-jpg.809464

Still thinking and hoping for Animation Courtyard. It still leaves the Sunset expansion pad behind Sunset Ranch. It gives them more room to play with. They don't have to worry about the service road behind Muppets. If Zootopia is truely another thing coming, the Grand Ave/Muppets area could also house that with a dark ride where Muppets is now.

Attachments

• Animation5.jpg
    Animation5.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 598
Last edited:

CoasterCowboy67

At some point, we have to make room for new classics — rides that today’s kids can grow old with. Else we’ll have parks stuck in a 1970s/80s/90s time capsule

Except for devoted fans and casual park goers looking for a laugh and a seat in the AC, Muppetvision just isn’t a big draw, and not in the category of Haunted Mansion or Pirates as timeless classics that will endure for what feels like forever. And even those rides have gotten tweaks and updates.

Muppetvision would have lasted 34 years if it runs until 2025. That’s longer than Dinosaur, Alien Encounter, 20K Leagues Under the Sea (at MK), the Backlot Tour, Horizons, World of Motion, and and It’s Tough to be a Bug

I too would prefer they place it in Animation Courtyard, but if it’s Grand Ave because a bigger land is set for Animation, then I’m supportive

Bugsy

Once GMR was removed, I feel like it was inevitable to know most areas of the park would be reimagined. I thought it was a terrible idea to remove that attraction, but alas, it happened, and the park is still changing. If the Muppets were to stay, don't they deserve a new experience that isn't an early 90s movie? I'm all for preservation, but experiences as movies don't age as well as theme park experiences. At least that's my thought. They age better to me as full experiences like GMR.

I say keep Muppets for capacity and people who can't ride the other rides, but the experience itself feels like something at a museum I don't choose to experience unless I need some AC and quiet time. I remember taking my parents to it in both DCA and Studios and both times they fell asleep and asked to do something else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom