News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Bocabear

That was my point...Reorganize the park in a meaningful way...remove all the dead production facilities and offices... Completely raze all that area including the Walt Disney museum and mermaid, Launch Bay all the way to RNRR... That would be a huge space to put a dedicated Pixar Studios section...including the Cars attraction they are shoehorning into MK... it would make perfect sense and give DHS a bunch of new added attractions...

LSLS

Can anyone actually provide an informed/logical explanation why sorting out Animation Courtyard wouldn't be a priority, regardless of whether that project is MI or something else? I'm sure there's a master plan, but not utilising the most underutilised area, especially at HS, is baffling on the face of it.
It's potentially a much larger area, and they don't have the budget this phase to put in anything that large is the only thing I could come up with. So you get the much smaller miniland in first, then your next phase is the larger plot as the big announcement at the next D23 (or the one after). I completely disagree with them doing that, but that's my best guess.

Purduevian

Does anyone know if there was a straight down picture taken of the model? I've been wanting to trace the coaster layout, but everyone took a picture at an angle so the back just turns into spaghetti.

ToTBellHop

It's potentially a much larger area, and they don't have the budget this phase to put in anything that large is the only thing I could come up with. So you get the much smaller miniland in first, then your next phase is the larger plot as the big announcement at the next D23 (or the one after). I completely disagree with them doing that, but that's my best guess.
It feels like they pushed off Lion King for DAK to fund this which is why there isn’t enough money for a huge expansion. But, a new ride and repurposed merch and dining is doable on a relatively small budget. Whether or not that’s a “land” is debatable. They’ll certainly market it as one.

doctornick

But why would they do that? The land will have dining and merchandise. The most reasonable thing to do is convert existing dining and merch into new dining and merch. They aren’t going to use the entire space for two attractions but no dining or merch.

I do think there is TOO MUCH merch back there so there’s room to remove or convert some of that. But the park needs a TSR and QSR here. Let’s hope the theming is strong.

Sure. perhaps I'm not being explicit enough, but yes I would make sure you have Monsters themed merch and eating in addition to any attractions. I just take that as a given.

My point was that if you remove Mama Melrose as well as the main store, you have access backstage space that can be added to the on stage park space. On that currently backstage + Mama Melrose space I would certainly put not only the Door Coaster but also new food and merch themed to Monsters).

I'm terrible with graphics, but....

1723642026226.png

djkidkaz

Has there been any rumblings of a second monsters attraction being bult with the new land? Has there been any precedent for Disney opening a new land with only one ride?

Maybe a retheme of muppets to monsters inc?

griffin ferrari

Sure. perhaps I'm not being explicit enough, but yes I would make sure you have Monsters themed merch and eating in addition to any attractions. I just take that as a given.

My point was that if you remove Mama Melrose as well as the main store, you have access backstage space that can be added to the on stage park space. On that currently backstage + Mama Melrose space I would certainly put not only the Door Coaster but also new food and merch themed to Monsters).

View attachment 809231
like minds think a like 😄

The Chatbox Ghost

What confuses me is, what good reason is there to go with removing Muppets over the empty, abandoned old animation studio? There's WAY more space over from Launch Bay back to have the coaster, a restaurant, shops, and even some smaller attractions. Muppets has way less space to work with, and removes attractions instead of being an expansion. DHS needs expansions, not replacements.

ctrlaltdel

Screenshot 2024-08-14 093038.png

The biggest knock against Muppets is that there is no way it won't impact the service road, and a coaster building could be visible from Galaxy's Edge.

In the attached picture , even if we are thinking it is a small coaster building (this is approx. the size of the main building for the post-launch section of RnR, it does not include the queue or launch sections), that still would mean going onto the service road, using the old Studio store as the queue building. It would still necessitate demolition of the backside of Muppet's Courtyard, which makes sense from the concept art, likely utilizing a rethemed Grand ave. as Monstropolis as well.

I am assuming it would be at around 80 ft tall, if not higher. In all likelihood, the main building would be nearly twice the size going off the model.

ToTBellHop

What confuses me is, what good reason is there to go with removing Muppets over the empty, abandoned old animation studio? There's WAY more space over from Launch Bay back to have the coaster, a restaurant, shops, and even some smaller attractions. Muppets has way less space to work with, and removes attractions instead of being an expansion. DHS needs expansions, not replacements.
Muppet Courtyard is big enough to fit it while the area behind Launch Bay can hold more so why waste it on a small land?

Also, Mitch in Marketing works behind Launch Bay and really doesn’t want to have to box up his printer and stapler. It’s a Swingline!

Sneaky

View attachment 809236

The biggest knock against Muppets is that there is no way it won't impact the service road, and a coaster building could be visible from Galaxy's Edge.

In the attached picture , even if we are thinking it is a small coaster building (this is approx. the size of the main building for the post-launch section of RnR, it does not include the queue or launch sections), that still would mean going onto the service road, using the old Studio store as the queue building. It would still necessitate demolition of the backside of Muppet's Courtyard, which makes sense from the concept art, likely utilizing a rethemed Grand ave. as Monstropolis as well.

I am assuming it would be at around 80 ft tall, if not higher. In all likelihood, the main building would be nearly twice the size going off the model.
I didn’t think about that.

LSLS

View attachment 809231

Problem is all that space under construction in 2018 is now cast member parking. So you are taking a HUGE chunk of cast member parking out to reroute that road, plus have their road they drive on to get to their parking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom