News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Disstevefan1

Bye bye muppets and star tours.
No. It has been confirmed by the site that shall not be named, Muppets are not going anywhere and Monsters will be where the launch bay is now

And it has nothing to do with Tom C. being back on the media list and that Disney now has Tom back to lie for them šŸ˜‰

Side note - Tom is totally OK with Rivers of America, Tom Sayers Island, Liberty Square Riverboat going away in MK, apparently that's OK, but he would be against Rivers of America and Mark Twain going away in DLR.

Funny how that is. Its pure coincidence I am sure.

Last edited:

EPCOTCenterLover

What dead space are you talking about? Indy to the fence at the park entrance is legit like 150 feet
I mean, cut into the parking lot to build it. That side of the park needs a big draw and this could be the answer. I guess it all goes to show what a poorly designed layout this park had. Little room for expansion and awkward paths for traveling from one attraction to another.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
But are they actually using a dead zone? If they aren't building heavily into the backstage area then doing anything in the Animation Courtyard area is a mistake. That's where the expansion room is for DHS and the park needs to add a ton of stuff to do.

Realistically, we need to see expansion that adds a net of 5-6 rides to DHS without losing anything. DHS is a slog to tour because of the limited offerings many of which command high wait times and because they are very few things you can do on a whim with small waits (MuppetVision being one of the only). The live shows all have schedules they aren't aren't necessarily convenient to pop into.
I certainly don't know their plans, but they would need to use that backstage area in order to make a sufficient land, so if AC is being considered, then that area would have to go in my mind.

lazyboy97o

Depending on how much USF attendance craters due to EU, it's entirely possible from speculation over on the IU forums that Pokemon could be fast tracked ahead of the 2030 debut. There have also been rumblings that Simpsons is closing earlier at USH before 2028.
Not to continue off-topic but they would be absolutely insane not to immediately fast track Pokemon at both USF and USH immediately after opening EU.
It might be a cash flow thing. Universal is both losing a ton of money (Peacock, movie flops, lower park attendance) and probably spending an astronomical amount on Epic. Perhaps Pokemon plans are beyond what theyā€™ll have available.
Universal cannot just unilaterally decide to start building PokƩmon attractions.

Disney Glimpses

The truth is that Disney has already decided that itā€™s time for MV3D to go. Itā€™s just a matter of when they break the news to us. Letā€™s be honest, there are 100 places this new land/attraction could go. Thereā€™s a reason they arenā€™t expanding the parks boundaries with these new ā€œexpansions,ā€ they want to completely utilize/maximize the existing parks first. Nothing is going to stop this. Delay? Maybe. But it will happen before the end of this decade.

ToTBellHop

The truth is that Disney has already decided that itā€™s time for MV3D to go. Itā€™s just a matter of when they break the news to us. Letā€™s be honest, there are 100 places this new land/attraction could go. Thereā€™s a reason they arenā€™t expanding the parks boundaries with these new ā€œexpansions,ā€ they want to completely utilize/maximize the existing parks first. Nothing is going to stop this. Delay? Maybe. But it will happen before the end of this decade.
Exactly, and if thatā€™s the case, Iā€™d rather they save the Beyond Launch Bay (BLB) plot for bigger projects since itā€™s a bigger space. Plus, then Mitch in Marketing gets a few years to pack up his printer and stapler.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

Well, look at you, Mr. Sunshine, coming in and talking to all the MV fans like...
nuclear explosion bomb GIF

;)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Something to consider. If Monsters is going into Animation Courtyard, why has not that been officially announced? I don't think anyone would be upset about losing Launch Bay and Disney Jr. It seems a very safe and easy announcement. The fact that a location has not been announced suggests that the news will not be well received.

Surferboy567

Something to consider. If Monsters is going into Animation Courtyard, why has not that been officially announced? I don't think anyone would be upset about losing Launch Bay and Disney Jr. It seems a very safe and easy announcement. The fact that a location has not been announced suggests that the news will not be well received.
Itā€™s not really typical though to announce whatā€™s something replacing though right? The only time I ever remember them doing this was with Guardians, Great Movie Ride, and now Cars. Usually they just close the thing with little to no hoopla.

lazyboy97o

Can anyone actually provide an informed/logical explanation why sorting out Animation Courtyard wouldn't be a priority, regardless of whether that project is MI or something else? I'm sure there's a master plan, but not utilising the most underutilised area, especially at HS, is baffling on the face of it.
How much office space is built with a park and new attraction is always a battle. It doesnā€™t generate direct revenue so the drive is always to make it as small as possible.

Itā€™s part of the vicious cycle that hinders investment in the first place. The project needs to pay for the relocation, so it needs to be a big enough draw to generate that revenue, which is going to cost more, so it needs to draw more.

The park is also at a bit of a capacity wall. It canā€™t be expanded because it hasnā€™t been expanded. The park cannot support another major draw.

ToTBellHop

Was thinking this, too. AC might upset a few toddler moms and dads, but their kids would age-out quickly so it would be short-lived.

I do think the online response will give the necessary nudge to move the Muppets to HoP when it closes in November, though. Itā€™s an easy fix to two problems from two large populations (angry Muppet fans and the half of their guests that hate every version of HoP they make).

The Leader of the Club

Itā€™s not really typical though to announce whatā€™s something replacing though right? The only time I ever remember them doing this was with Guardians, Great Movie Ride, and now Cars. Usually they just close the thing with little to no hoopla.
Disney has definitely seen the social media stink that this is causing. If it was Animation Courtyard they would have put out a Parks Blog article by now like they did when ā€œthe site that shall not be namedā€ rumored that Tiki Room was on the chopping block.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Well we quickly heard officially about Cars replacing TSI and RoA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom