News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

jason976

There is a certain contingent that seems very confident this is going in AC and Muppets is safe (offices and parking deck will be demo'ed). Will certainly be interesting to see what direction they go in but to me AC is the logical choice on all fronts.
Just guessing but it Sounds like something is going over muppets sooner or later. If not Monsters, then whatever the next announcement is.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Just guessing but it Sounds like something is going over muppets sooner or later. If not Monsters, then whatever the next announcement is.
Hey, if that buys me 5 years, then I'll take that over just having a few months.

Honestly for me (don't throw stones) its more about utilizing a dead zone in the park (Animation Courtyard) and increasing capacity then anything else. Muppets would be a huge loss however, and I frequent it every visit, but I do think there is a change on the horizon there eventually.

doctornick

Hey, if that buys me 5 years, then I'll take that over just having a few months.

Honestly for me (don't throw stones) its more about utilizing a dead zone in the park (Animation Courtyard) and increasing capacity then anything else. Muppets would be a huge loss however, and I frequent it every visit, but I do think there is a change on the horizon there eventually.

But are they actually using a dead zone? If they aren't building heavily into the backstage area then doing anything in the Animation Courtyard area is a mistake. That's where the expansion room is for DHS and the park needs to add a ton of stuff to do.

Realistically, we need to see expansion that adds a net of 5-6 rides to DHS without losing anything. DHS is a slog to tour because of the limited offerings many of which command high wait times and because they are very few things you can do on a whim with small waits (MuppetVision being one of the only). The live shows all have schedules they aren't aren't necessarily convenient to pop into.

Horizonsfan

This is pretty much where I’m at. The park needs more space and multiple ride additions. Accomplish those two tasks and create a new muppet experience elsewhere on property first; then let’s hear your plans for Grand Ave.

Fox&Hound

I would imagine the racing academy would close sooner than later if the new cars stuff does happen. That theater is in such a weird corner of the park that I almost feel like anything put there is gonna pull “meh” crowds, whether quality or not
Which can easily be remedied when they build a guest path connecting this area to Animation Courtyard. This should be their top priority- improving guest flow and fixing dead ends.

Bocabear

Seems like this would be a good time for them to build an office building as part of the old Galactic Cruiser Hotel site and move all of those offices and support operations to that location so that there is proper expansion space for the future... Keeping the Pixar IP properties together would also be nice... So if Monsters were built where the parking deck currently is and that whole area of "Walt Presents through Launch Bay...all the way back to RNRR were completely raized, there would be space to have a proper Pixar Studios section of the park with a Monsters Miniland among others...with multiple different attractions...(including Cars) all Pixar...Which would be a great addition to the park. Move Walt Presents back to the original Walt Disney Story on Main Street and expand it back into that MK parking lot... There! ROA is saved, DHS gets it's much needed capacity and an addition that makes sense and fits the park as it should be. MK should be Classic Disney Characters... DHS should be the home of Pixar, Muppets, Lucas, etc... Simple organization of properties and parks that is easy to understand... and makes great sense.

LSLS

Quick look (and I know, I'm probably off here some), but going from the Animation Courtyard (taking out Disney Junior but leaving Mermaid) going back to RnRC gives you about a half acre more space than Muppets. The added benefit would be you then have an area to connect to that RnRC, which could make a nice little loop. That would leave the area from this Monsters area to Toy Story Land open for another round of development, and would leave Muppets complete (and available much further down the line to be more of a Star Wars expansion.

NOW, here's the question I don't know the answer to. If you take that backstage area out, and connect to the RnRC area, how would that affect the ability to get to the Sunset food places from backstage. Would there be a way to make that work? Do you maybe just connect to Sunset instead of RnRC?

doctornick

If you think replacing muppets (that isn't even popular enough for fastpass) with an e-ticket coaster isn't going to help the park then I don't know how to help you.

Also, if you like what they're building, great. You don't get to decide where they build it.

The problem with DHS isn't "there aren't enough popular things". The problem is "there are only popular things and not enough of other stuff". DHS more than any other park really needs a ton of C tickets, not headliners.

On top of that, it has the worse configuration of any of the parks and needs to increase space and guest flow.

Last edited:

Sneaky

The problem with DHS isn't "there aren't enough popular things". The problem is "there are only popular things and not enough of them". DHS more than any other park really needs a ton of C tickets, not headliners.

On top of that, it has the worse configuration of any of the parks and needs to increase space and guest flow.
Every park needs a “tiki room” or “Winnie the Pooh” level attraction

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom