News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

RSoxNo1

It's because it was such a well themed place from start to finish (the Backlot Tour was a lot better than TSL too, but that's a separate discussion). Everything worked together to create a cohesive whole. It was really a cool place to wander around and be immersed in the theme.

It absolutely wouldn't still work like that now, especially with no working studio and no more animation -- it had to be changed. But I did enjoy it more than the current version of DHS because the theming was so good, even down to what was for sale in the stores.
I can appreciate and be nostalgic for MGM while still believing that the current version of DHS is the best version of DHS.

ChewbaccaYourMum

Yeah that’s the 2026 project. The current rumored timeline for them is
2025 - EU
2026 - Rockit replacement
2027 - EU expansion 1 (Luigi’s Mansion)
2028 - Zelda in IOA
2029 - EU expansion 2 (Potter or Monsters)
2030 - Pokemon in USF’s current Springfield location
I know many on these forums are upset with things that are leaving in order to add the stuff Disney is adding, but all that aside....... it is an amazing time to be a fan of both these resorts with everything being added between WDW and Universal over the next 5 years. I'm genuinely so ecstatic to be an AP to both these places

BrianLo

So, this is interesting. If Monstropolis is both the coaster and a show (plus a playground?), I like the plans for it a heck of a lot more. Interesting that I suppose if that is the plan then either replacing MupperVision or replacing Disney Jr could be the location for a show. Of course, Disney Jr isn't a proper theater and would need a lot more work to make it viable.

And on that note, if they were adding the door coaster but otherwise keeping the MuppetVision building that would they'd have to be putting the coaster at least partially on what is currently backstage (I'd guess they would remove Mama Melrose and use the footprint plus space behind it)

I... don't hate it. I think AC is better as there is less of value there, but I'm not so wedded to MuppetVision that I feel like it can never disappear, especially if the Muppets get some other attraction (or it gets put somewhere else).

A big reason I like AC better is that thee is potentially a lot more room and they can build more with the land. Monstropolis would definitely need more than just the door coaster in terms of attractions. My biggest issue with losing MuppertVision would be that the park needs that capacity especially as an all ages continuously running show. It wouldn't be ideal to lose that during construction, but it wouldn't be as terrible as losing MV and only getting the door coaster

I like muppet vision, but there is an eventual shelf life to it. I think it has skated by so well because it is mostly live action and there’s some other lower lying fruit (Little Mermaid… seriously Beauty and the Beast). But is Muppet Vision an attraction that can run unaltered for 50 years? It’s already long removed from DCA.

The initial suggestion sounded horrible. But if Star Tours is surviving and a replacement show is dreamt up and we get an added attraction and most of the dining is repurposed, that’s perfectly fine with me. I see the logic in it and it could be done somewhat quickly. Particularly if the Muppets are the compromise that keeps a version of Hall of Presidents afloat. Heck it even gives us a more clear 2026 project (Hall of Presidents).

I don’t like the dead ending proposal for Animation Courtyard. The park flow needs to be released over there.

Stripes

Premium Member
Have not heard anything about this, have also not been told that I would need to find a new parking lot to use
I shan’t divulge where/what I do, but I would be impacted by either of these things and haven’t heard anything yet
Corless is reporting that some DHS cast members are being informed that the office behind AC is moving and the parking garage will be inaccessible.

Heard anything?

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Corless is reporting that some DHS cast members are being informed that the office behind AC is moving and the parking garage will be inaccessible.

Heard anything?
Would seem little early to start talking about moving the offices considering they haven't submitted any permits yet.

Thanks phoenicians

I like muppet vision, but there is an eventual shelf life to it. I think it has skated by so well because it is mostly live action and there’s some other lower lying fruit (Little Mermaid… seriously Beauty and the Beast). But is Muppet Vision an attraction that can run unaltered for 50 years? It’s already long removed from DCA.

The initial suggestion sounded horrible. But if Star Tours is surviving and a replacement show is dreamt up and we get an added attraction and most of the dining is repurposed, that’s perfectly fine with me. I see the logic in it and it could be done somewhat quickly. Particularly if the Muppets are the compromise that keeps a version of Hall of Presidents afloat. Heck it even gives us a more clear 2026 project (Hall of Presidents).

I don’t like the dead ending proposal for Animation Courtyard. The park flow needs to be released over there.
I agree with all of this. Imo it's hard to really judge the decision without knowing their end game here (hopefully they even know the end game here). If Muppets stays somewhere in the parks, Star Tours stays, and they have a good plan for Animation Courtyard and the area behind, then personally I'd be fine with it. If it means Muppets is completely done at WDW and they leave AC untouched for a while then it's a failure. A lot will ride on how the other dominoes fall in the future once the first one (monsters land) gets announced.

discos

Interesting. The Muppets location could have been a much older concept than we think
Screenshot 2024-08-13 at 3.54.35 PM.png

James Alucobond

Would it necessarily dead-end things indefinitely? A guest-facing connection between Animation and Highland Avenue seems a bit more realistic than hoping they eventually demolish anything more north of Showbiz Boulevard.

Sectorkeeper71

The Ice Cold Hydraulics Coca-Cola Stand opened on Grand Avenue in February. Unless it is rethemed, it seems like an odd addition before groundbreaking on a reimagining of the area.
It’s not unprecedented though. The riverboat recently had a bunch of refurbishments done to it and the backlot tour trams got a ton of work done just for them to announce it was closing shortly after

orky8

I bet with all this negative outrage over his parks panel now overtaking the expansion news, he can feel his ceo spot slippping through his fingers.

If anything it shows he has listened to his mentors well and positioned him better to take over - since when has Iger cared about the parks or the fans?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom