News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Mr. Sullivan

They don’t actually give it to Disney for free. This is a misconception.
Have you seen the contract?

Often a sponsorship includes certain things for free. Maybe it’s just the syrup. Maybe it’s the machines and maintenance. Maybe it’s the cups and lids. But it’s usually something.
They don't get it for free, but they do get it at a large discount due to the agreement to only sell Coke products in the parks.

The reason I know this is because the movie theater I worked at has the same agreement. Coke is in that same agreement with multiple businesses. The difference with Disney, and the reason their particular agreement is so complex, is the fact that they're also in bed with each other on branding and tie-ins which is not a factor in most of the other relationships Coke has with massive corporations. I would not be surprised if that factor of their relationship means Disney gets an even larger discount than other businesses.

But they do indeed pay for it. Coke is notorious for their bean counting, maybe even more so than Disney is.

rle4lunch

They don’t actually give it to Disney for free. This is a misconception.
Free enough not to charge $6.50 for a bottle of Dasani... Or $20 for a refill mug that's only refillable in a resort where it's costing the company pennies on the dollar to maintain. The 1000% markup on fountain drinks is probably their 2nd biggest money maker under Genie (this is semi-sarcasm, I have no financial reports to back this up)....

TrainsOfDisney

They don't get it for free, but they do get it at a large discount due to the agreement to only sell Coke products in the parks.

The reason I know this is because the movie theater I worked at has the same agreement. Coke is in that same agreement with multiple businesses.
Again, we don’t know what the Disney agreement is. A tourist attraction I worked at years ago got free machines and free servicing but still paid for syrup and cups.

Each agreement is unique.

ToTBellHop

Last summer I didnt know the resort mugs were only allowed to be filled at the resort. I was filling that thing left and right around wdw. No one said a thing. Great value I kept saying to my family.
According to me, my 2019 WDW resort mug works at every Wendy’s here in CT. They installed Freestyle machines. I have to believe that means I can use my mug. Great for the slushies at Target, too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom