News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I had the fish and chips, which seemed like a safe bet. Worst fish and chips I have ever had. Maybe the worst theme park meal I ever had. I would have been better off eating out of a dumpster.
Last time I went to Columbia harbor House I had the chicken tenders. They were good, although the chicken tenders at Disney are the same everywhere so that's not really a measure of how good the food at Columbia harbor House is. 😂 My dad got the fish and chips there and he seemed to like it from what I remember. I wouldn't necessarily say quick service at Magic Kingdom is bad but it's more just painfully mediocre and generic.

Bocabear

Monsters Inc. Land Of Fantasy? that is an odd name for a land....it specifies the IP and then adds Land Of Fantasy which could be anything.... That would be like "Star Wars Galaxies Edge, Land of Fictional Stories"... It reduces the focus and intent adding the second half of the name.....

etc98

Monsters Inc. Land Of Fantasy? that is an odd name for a land....it specifies the IP and then adds Land Of Fantasy which could be anything.... That would be like "Star Wars Galaxies Edge, Land of Fictional Stories"... It reduces the focus and intent adding the second half of the name.....
I think it was just a joke so that it would have the same inappropriate abbreviation as Monster Inc Laugh Floor

Fido Chuckwagon

The setting itself is good -- it looks like Springfield. But the food was just... indescribably bad. Essentially inedible. It made a McDonald's hamburger seem like a gourmet meal. I will say that the donut was good.

As I said, though, that was several years ago.

The only two meals that stand out in my mind as nearly as bad as that one were also both at theme parks -- Confisco Grille at Islands of Adventure and Tony's Town Square at Magic Kingdom. I don't think the food at either was quite as bad as the Fast Food Boulevard food, but they were also both more expensive table service meals.
We had a halfway decent chicken taco at the Mexican stand, and a decent burger and fries at the quick serve restaurant. Maybe it’s improved.

RSoxNo1

MK definitely has the worst QS options of the WDW parks, but I don’t think it’s inedible by any means. Maybe I’m just easier to please. That being said, if I can carve out time during my MK day I try to hop on the monorail and get lunch at Captain Cook’s at the Poly.

As for Universal, I think all of their food is pretty dreadful. I’ll typically snack throughout the day then find something at Citywalk for dinner. I do actually like Fast Food Boulevard a bit, but that’s largely due to the abundance of seating.
At this point at MK we typically end up eating wherever we happened to be. More often than not it's lunch at Pinocchio's. It's no secret that if you can't make good pizza, you make it flatter. The flatbreads are substantially better than the sponges over at Pizzafari / PizzeRizzo but I'm not going to claim they're "good".

I haven't tried the new menu at Pecos Bill and hope that's at least a step in the right direction. IMO, DAK has my favorite dining options even though EPCOT is the obvious choice. DHS was always regarded as bad, but it has taken several steps in the right direction. MK is definitely the worst by a wide margin.

ToTBellHop

At this point at MK we typically end up eating wherever we happened to be. More often than not it's lunch at Pinocchio's. It's no secret that if you can't make good pizza, you make it flatter. The flatbreads are substantially better than the sponges over at Pizzafari / PizzeRizzo but I'm not going to claim they're "good".

I haven't tried the new menu at Pecos Bill and hope that's at least a step in the right direction. IMO, DAK has my favorite dining options even though EPCOT is the obvious choice. DHS was always regarded as bad, but it has taken several steps in the right direction. MK is definitely the worst by a wide margin.
DHS’s QSR was carried over the line into “good” by Commissary in recent years and I’ll die on that hill.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom