News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

TrainsOfDisney

Years ago I got a free water cup at the boardwalk candy shop (the one the magic bar replaced) and then went and got a refill at the bakery. I totally forgot that I got that cup for free and filled it with iced tea or something like that.

I felt a little guilty. But just a little haha.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

I think the Shanghai pirates ride system is more likely to be destined for Moana at MK.

I wonder if one of the reasons Moana got pulled from D23 2024 was due to capacity concerns if they went with the patent for the ride system that looked like her ship, so it went back to the drawing board. Remember Disney canned the original Quinjet Avengers E ticket due to capacity issues as well.

denyuntilcaught

I think the Shanghai pirates ride system is more likely to be destined for Moana at MK.

I wonder if one of the reasons Moana got pulled from D23 2024 was due to capacity concerns if they went with the patent for the ride system that looked like her ship, so it went back to the drawing board. Remember Disney canned the original Quinjet Avengers E ticket due to capacity issues as well.
If this is true, I wish Bob was more passionate about drilling a capacity mandate at WDI, versus an IP mandate. Imagineering knows they need to move tens of thousands of folks per day - the desire for story and immersion cannot supersede this simple operational fact.

Disstevefan1

I wonder if we are going to get s late Friday announcement telling us where Monsters is going?

If Iger was smart he would announce late on election night as no one would notice.

Eric Graham

Years ago I got a free water cup at the boardwalk candy shop (the one the magic bar replaced) and then went and got a refill at the bakery. I totally forgot that I got that cup for free and filled it with iced tea or something like that.

I felt a little guilty. But just a little haha.
I read sometime, somewhere about some awesome way to save so much money at Disney...they actually said to purchase a container of tea bags...and then take your free ice water that you had gotten at another venue and carefully mix your tea bag in with the free ice water....i was like...what the, how cheap was that? but, then, i was like great idea because i'm so cheap, that I would probably do that 🙃

DisneyCane

Again, we don’t know what the Disney agreement is. A tourist attraction I worked at years ago got free machines and free servicing but still paid for syrup and cups.

Each agreement is unique.
It's pretty standard that if a business offers one soda brand exclusively that the machines and servicing will be free. The consumables are not free and cost more per cup than the few cents perception. Just based on volume, Disney will definitely pay less for syrup than most businesses.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

At this point I don't think we're gonna get anything about it until D23 Brazil. They said it's gonna include some stuff about the parks, so that to me says elaboration on stuff already announced.
If Monsters goes into AC, it will probably buy Muppets at least a few more years. If Muppets goes for something else, you could probably lump that and Star Tours + Indy for a very large area or two.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom