News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

RSoxNo1

The setting itself was good -- it looked like Springfield. But the food was just... indescribably bad. Essentially inedible. It made a McDonald's hamburger seem like a gourmet meal. I will say that the donut was good.

As I said, though, that was several years ago.

The only two meals that stand out in my mind as nearly as bad as that one were also both at theme parks -- Confisco Grille at Islands of Adventure and Tony's Town Square at Magic Kingdom. I don't think the food at either was quite as bad as the Fast Food Boulevard food, but they were also both more expensive table service meals.
Clearly I'm wrong here. TouringPlans has rankings that have Fast Food Boulevard as pretty bad. My go to was the waffle/chicken sandwich and it's been several years since I've been there.

mickEblu

For real? I would kill for a Ducktales ride!!!!

That’s the rumor I’ve heard and I believe it. There was a point where they released Toontown 2.0 concept art and conveniently showed everything except the RR area. One of the comments even asked Disney and the response was something like “looking forward to sharing plans for this exciting area soon.”

BrianLo

Clearly I'm wrong here. TouringPlans has rankings that have Fast Food Boulevard as pretty bad. My go to was the waffle/chicken sandwich and it's been several years since I've been there.

I don’t think your memory is entirely failing you. The community used to be positive on Simpson’s venues from what I recall. When they were new at least. Like you, I missed how dramatically it turned.

Brer Oswald

Good god no. MK quick service is bad, but it's not remotely as awful as Fast Food Boulevard.
Every time I go to MK, I struggle with what to eat because everything is so terrible. When I went to USF a few times last year, I was actively seeking out FFB for lunch. Maybe it's the special sauces they put on the burgers and sandwiches.

V_L_Raptor

I mean that’s the thing though - Disney is in the business of selling you a fantasy, right? While it would admittedly be hilarious if the ads portrayed a realistic Disney visit (soft music plays and the camera zooms in to the front of the castle to show a toddler beating his brother with a Mickey bar while screaming, as a voice says “Disney… let your megalomaniac children who would probably rather be zoning out on iPads come scream at you in a theme park instead of screaming at you in a Target, because here… you can take Instagram photos and pretend to the world that you’re having a wholesome family vacay.”) I don’t know that it would move ticket sales…

But there'll be merch!

UNCgolf

Every time I go to MK, I struggle with what to eat because everything is so terrible. When I went to USF a few times last year, I was actively seeking out FFB for lunch. Maybe it's the special sauces they put on the burgers and sandwiches.

It was admittedly several years ago (pre-COVID), but when we were at Universal we had to go buy more food somewhere else. We threw away the food from Fast Food Boulevard because it was so bad.

The Leader of the Club

MK definitely has the worst QS options of the WDW parks, but I don’t think it’s inedible by any means. Maybe I’m just easier to please. That being said, if I can carve out time during my MK day I try to hop on the monorail and get lunch at Captain Cook’s at the Poly.

As for Universal, I think all of their food is pretty dreadful. I’ll typically snack throughout the day then find something at Citywalk for dinner. I do actually like Fast Food Boulevard a bit, but that’s largely due to the abundance of seating.

James Alucobond

Magic Kingdom is shockingly meh for all food options including table service, especially compared to the other Disney parks (AK and EPCOT in particular). But it's just that—meh; fine, but nothing anyone should write home about. There are a couple of spots I find particularly blighted (Pecos Bill, Cosmic Ray's, Be Our Guest when viewed in conjunction with the price), but there's not much I would place directly into the trash.

I mean no offense by this, but it's honestly baffling to me that things like Fast Food Boulevard have defenders. Absolutely terrible, as is a much greater percentage of all food on offer at Universal even when just compared to MK, which is by far the worst of the Disney parks and at least has the monorail resorts steps away with superior alternatives.

Brer Oswald

MK definitely has the worst QS options of the WDW parks, but I don’t think it’s inedible by any means. Maybe I’m just easier to please. That being said, if I can carve out time during my MK day I try to hop on the monorail and get lunch at Captain Cook’s at the Poly.

As for Universal, I think all of their food is pretty dreadful. I’ll typically snack throughout the day then find something at Citywalk for dinner. I do actually like Fast Food Boulevard a bit, but that’s largely due to the abundance of seating.
I think if you are just comparing the basic theme park burger, the one at Universal is much more edible than the one at Disney. The one at Disney isn't even on an equal playing field to a McDonald's burger. Then you have the burgers and chicken sandwiches at Fast Food Boulevard which are a cut about the choices I already listed. Universal also has much better beverages, though that is mostly thanks to Potter. When it comes to sit down, I admittedly have no experience with that at Universal. Maybe those are terrible. I assume Epcot and Hollywood Studios have the best.

ToTBellHop

Same. We won’t buy food in a Universal park anymore…except those crepes in USF. I was pleasantly surprised. Super slow service, however.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom