News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

BasiltheBatLord

Generally speaking, I find the more active an "insider" is on these forums, the less likely they should be taken seriously.

The people on this forum who have actual inside connections are taking risks every time they disclose something. They have to be very careful about how and when they share things, and the level of attention that comes with that.

Case in point: One thing I've noticed about Martin over the years is that he almost never openly shares information unprompted. He typically only shares what he knows when specifically asked or in response to previously unknown info surfacing.

The Internet is a new place now where attention and misinformation can fuel the everlasting grift machine. Need to be careful of believing everything you hear more than ever.

bmr1591

My one complaint with replacing Muppets (besides enjoying Muppets) is the thematic incoherence of it being placed there. Why wouldn’t you put it near your more animated lands in the park? Now, the answer may simply be that they have bigger plans for Animation Courtyard. Fair enough. But while I know Disney is most worried about providing fun new attractions that lead to merch sales, they NEED to remember the importance of theme and how things flow. They seem to have forgotten that.

Bocabear

Seems like the park could have been split down the middle at the Hub.....with Animation taking the West half and Live Action Films taking the East half... Sunset Blvd being just part of the Hollywood that Never Was and Will Always Be...at least that adds a bit of organization to the overall...rather than a patchwork of randomness... Animation Courtyard could be the Hub to the lands of Disney Animated Characters... A jumping off place for multiple Disney Animated Films minilands....

Sneaky

Guys, there will be two and a half years where the monster's queue and gravity building will be under work with demolition and building it.

Mermaid was revamped to easily have something play on the left side of Animation Courtyard while the rest is under walls.

The right side will become a dining interactive location(where Disney Jr is)

And on the left side, after that Mermaid will be gutted to become the indoor Play area for Monsters Inc scene in the concept art.
(Yes I know Harryhausens is iconic and should be apart of the land. Point still stands.)

Attachments

• Untitled5_20241011094757.png
    Untitled5_20241011094757.png
    563.9 KB · Views: 57

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Thanks for doing that legwork. To highlight for future generations on how to spot the frauds.

In addition to this being clearly a diarrhea of every existing fan rumour - 9 or 10 of these were formerly announced by Disney. Disney is the source, not Henry. Lion King was about the worst kept secret and sources to All Ears. The night parade was about the worst kept secret and sources to Steve and many, many others.

So we’re left with a Millenium Falcon new profile. In a year when there were probably 100 details that were completely missed by the insider brigade. Except the problem is I can find myself and many others chatting about this new MF profile in the Disneyland sub forum, and many of us were more accurate ‘wishing’ on Mando/grogu. It was a guess.

So, what value or insight was this poster actually verifiably providing? Even if they were legit. Even if they hadn’t admitted they were faking and yet people still were desperately defending them. One half lucky original guess and 20 wrong ones. My track record was better, many of yours too.

Make note for next time, because it will happen again and there’s still one or two others I think might have been up to the same thing. One who has also stopped posting.
I was always very skeptical of him and even ask him once about why I should trust him (this was before what recently happened) and I got no response, that kind of sealed the deal for me. There are very few "insiders" on the boards I actually believe and Henry Mystic wasn't one of them.

Last edited:

rd805

Guys, there will be two and a half years where the monster's queue and gravity building will be under work with demolition and building it.

Mermaid was revamped to easily have something play on the left side of Animation Courtyard while the rest is under walls.

The right side will become a dining interactive location(where Disney Jr is)

And on the left side, after that Mermaid will be gutted to become the indoor Play area for Monsters Inc scene in the concept art.

Take 1-2 years revamping a show to just close it 2-3 years later?
I guess it isn't impossible...it just seems.... dumb?

James Alucobond

Indeed. I realize it has some setpieces that require a certain kind of space, but if that’s what’s actually happening, they should 100% move the updated show into a different space that currently houses one of their more outdated shows. There are lots of shows that are seriously long in the tooth.

Sneaky

Indeed. I realize it has some setpieces that require a certain kind of space, but if that’s what’s actually happening, they should 100% move the updated show into a different space that currently houses one of their more outdated shows. There are lots of shows that are seriously long in the tooth.
I have said it before and will say it again: BATB at dhs will outlive us all.

mattpeto

I hate to be this person, but we should not be taking his posts as gospel. Some of his posts have come true, but most of them recently were stuff already rumored beforehand. This is his post about what was to be announced before or at D23 from April. I've put in bold everything that actually was announced, and underlined everything that was announced/rumored before his post:

12.5/36, but say 13.5 because others have confirmed Moana was pulled last minute. That's a track record of 38%
Man I don't know, I see way more success than you do, scoring him at 38%. He got the big ones right.

EDIT: That being said, his rants at the end felt unbalanced.

celluloid

A few things.

1. They did not take 1 to 2 years to revamp the show in the building. The closing and starting of work were not the same time.
2. It is a saving grace and small investment because it will operate cheaper then the version of the show that was there.
3. They put themselves in the spot where the park needs things to do pronto. Especially as the other venues close to make changes. They have pulled this short-lived show thing similarly to DCA.

They have produced entirely new venues just to close them up in shorter times then that.

And yes...dumb is something WDC often is now.

Rich Brownn

By all accounts Frozen Ever After in Hong Kong (and soon to be Paris) still has an extra minute and depth to the scenes that EPCOT doesn't have. With that said, the updated ride was rendered antiquated almost immediately when Tokyo opened.

Bringing this back to Monstropolis, my suspicion is that Muppets is the target because they don't need as much space for this. Animation Courtyard opens up a larger area of land that is likely earmarked for something else. Pure speculation on this, but there are rumors that Universal may be moving on from Marvel Super Hero Island, could this be pre-emptively set aside for an Avengers Campus?
Universal will never relinquish the rights to Disney. They got such a deal it'd be suicide to turn it over to their competitor

DisneyHead123

I liked Henry and am sorry he’s not posting here anymore (To be fair, by those last few posts it seemed like something was going on and he needed a break. But for the most part he seemed like an enjoyable person to talk to.)

I don’t know, I guess I’m in the camp of - if someone thinks they have a good scoop, and they want to post it, what’s the harm? I don’t get all the hate towards “insiders that might not be insider-ish enough”.

GravityFalls

Universal will never relinquish the rights to Disney. They got such a deal it'd be suicide to turn it over to their competitor
This is the mentality Disney needs to operate under. Adding Guardians to the parks was the right call and there are more properties they can adapt without breaking their contract.

To me the obvious move is to use the Grand Ave area as a multi-purpose "New York" land. Keep the Muppets and build a Dr Strange "Sanctum Santorum" Haunted Mansion style attraction somewhere in that area (maybe even taking over Star Tours). Eventually Muppets is replaced by a Marvel property, once the studio has developed a character that makes sense for that theater and isn't tied to the universal contract (so several years later).

And that leaves Monsters for Animation Courtyard. Keeps everyone happy.

James Alucobond

To me the obvious move is to use the Grand Ave area as a multi-purpose "New York" land. Keep the Muppets and build a Dr Strange "Sanctum Santorum" Haunted Mansion style attraction somewhere in that area (maybe even taking over Star Tours). Eventually Muppets is replaced by a Marvel property, once the studio has developed a character that makes sense for that theater and isn't tied to the universal contract (so several years later).
Still think a Dr. Strange mirror dimension re-theme of RNRC makes more sense since they seem to want to redo that soon anyway, and a mostly projected attraction with lots of trippy reflect-and-fold buildings works around the limited space for meaningful setpieces within RNRC's current layout. Plus, it actually pairs decently with ToT and could be further expanded upon as a zone by redeveloping the Beauty and the Beast stage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom