News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Moth

At least we’ll always have Moth and Martin. I hope.
Please don't put me in the same category as Martin 😭.

Martin is the genuine article who's been doing this stuff for a long time, I've posted stuff that's become wrong or confused (see: AC/Muppets in regards to the topic we're in right now!) and don't wanna feed the flames of misinformation that plague so much of the internet, so at this point I just run the tracker and am relatively gunshy about posting stuff like rumors. I'd rather have integrity and admit when I'm wrong and retract (see me removing stuff I said from the tracker) than let things fester.

also i just don't like attention being put on me/being looked to as a source of information 🥲

DisneyHead123

You won't be puzzled about whether or not you have inside information about an attraction.

So if someone says they have insider information, they are likely either: 1. Correct 2. Misinformed 3. Not thinking clearly for whatever reason 4. Lying

Those are the logical options, to my mind. Based on what Henry said, I’m not ready to jump to the idea that he was deliberately lying. Maybe you have information that I don’t. But I can only go by what I read. He may have been incorrect, sure. But I don’t think jumping to the idea that he was both incorrect and acting in bad faith is fair.

Mr. Sullivan

Please don't put me in the same category as Martin 😭.

Martin is the genuine article who's been doing this stuff for a long time, I've posted stuff that's become wrong or confused (see: AC/Muppets in regards to the topic we're in right now!) and don't wanna feed the flames of misinformation that plague so much of the internet, so at this point I just run the tracker and am relatively gunshy about posting stuff like rumors. I'd rather have integrity and admit when I'm wrong and retract (see me removing stuff I said from the tracker) than let things fester.

also i just don't like attention being put on me/being looked to as a source of information 🥲
that’s fair! I didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable, so I’m sorry if I did. I didn’t necessarily mean you were doing the same thing that Martin was. I just meant you are a reliable person when it comes to telling people where to look for information and clearing up unclear things or misinformation.

James Alucobond

So if someone says they have insider information, they are likely either: 1. Correct 2. Misinformed 3. Not thinking clearly for whatever reason 4. Lying
Explain to me a scenario related to 2 or 3 where, assuming you’re getting info from some mysterious third party or by connecting dots you think exist, it is responsible and honest to traipse around saying, “Guys, whether you want to believe it or not, this IS HAPPENING!” You are expressing a known uncertainty with shaky foundations as a certainty.

DisneyHead123

Explain to me a scenario related to 2 or 3 where, assuming you’re getting info from some mysterious third party or by connecting dots you think exist, it is responsible and honest to traipse around saying, “Guys, whether you want to believe it or not, this IS HAPPENING!” You are expressing a known uncertainty with shaky foundations as a certainty.
Well if you’re not thinking clearly, the question really doesn’t apply. And if you’re misinformed, again, you wouldn’t realize it.

I have no problem with people proclaiming they’re sure just sure a ride is happening. I mean in the end it’s a theme park ride, they’re not giving medical advice or something. I would only call it irresponsible if they’re betraying the trust of a Disney employee who told them something in confidence. That’s a bit different.

James Alucobond

Cool. I’ll just present everything I have a vague inkling of or that someone told me through the grapevine as incontrovertible fact from now on without fact checking or giving context. It’s not technically lying, so I’m sure it’ll go over great and not cause any confusion at all. 👌

DisneyHead123

Cool. I’ll just present everything I have a vague inkling of or that someone told me through the grapevine as incontrovertible fact from now on without fact checking or giving context. It’s not technically lying, so I’m sure it’ll go over great and not cause any confusion at all. 👌
If by “everything” you mean “rumors about theme park rides”, cool. Nothing wrong with a bombastic style of speech when chatting for pure entertainment value.

DisneyHead123

This is a board about theme parks. We get that cancer isn’t being cured here and that the relative level of irresponsibility for being misleading about such things is diminished. That doesn’t make it any less dishonest, and it doesn’t mean it should be handwaved. People come here looking for reliable information.

I get that opinions will differ.

I don’t think an online dogpile is merited over someone sharing a rumor people think is false. Especially if the posters intent is unknown (ie, this may have been someone having an uncharacteristically tough time, not lying for the heck of it.)

Others seem to think that this poster was obviously lying on purpose more or less just to be a jerk, and it was disrespectful. Again, that’s not my assumption about what happened, but I understand that people will see it differently.

Only Henry can speak for Henry in the end and he’s not here. I just don’t lean towards assuming the worst in this case.

Rich Brownn

Still think a Dr. Strange mirror dimension re-theme of RNRC makes more sense since they seem to want to redo that soon anyway, and a mostly projected attraction with lots of trippy reflect-and-fold buildings works around the limited space for meaningful setpieces within RNRC's current layout. Plus, it actually pairs decently with ToT and could be further expanded upon as a zone by redeveloping the Beauty and the Beast stage.
I believe Strange is under the Universal contract.

celluloid

I believe;) based on what I have seen, it is most certainly, in my opinion at this point beyond wacky detour of plans, that Animation Courtyard is where Monsters is set to go.

There. Now everyone including James and lazy can be happy.

I don't know what level insider I am on. I dont really care either. I just want to share. I certainly don't have the history or klout, or patiencce/skils for editing retrospectives that Martin does, but I just shared again what I know.

Feel free to have this make you happy, or not.

I won't claim it news, as thst is what the main page us for and where people come for reliable information. They however, myself included, come to the discussion boards to discuss.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I don’t think an online dogpile is merited over someone sharing a rumor people think is false. Especially if the posters intent is unknown (ie, this may have been someone having an uncharacteristically tough time, not lying for the heck of it.)

Others seem to think that this poster was obviously lying on purpose more or less just to be a jerk, and it was disrespectful. Again, that’s not my assumption about what happened, but I understand that people will see it differently.

Only Henry can speak for Henry in the end and he’s not here. I just don’t lean towards assuming the worst in this case.

Be careful how you treat people online. I got in to some arguments with someone on these boards for the things he claimed to know about the parks, he turned out to be a co-worker although neither of us knew that at the time.

James Alucobond

I said nothing about that specific user. I didn’t know them personally and have no idea if what they said was true. I was responding only to your suggestion that absolutist language in situations where that’s not actually reflective of reality is not meaningfully dishonest and that it doesn’t matter because the subject matter is entertainment-related.

dmc493

In other news, I’m hoping there can be a more natural way to connect Toy Story Land to AC if it ends up with Monsters going there. Right now you’ll go past the remnants of Pixar place and generic backstage theming (One Man’s Dream and Mermaid) and then get there. They can of course leave it all as is and it’ll still be great, I just think that corridor is very disjointed. To clarify this is not me advocating to remove OMD either

DisneyHead123

Be careful how you treat people online. I got in to some arguments with someone on these boards for the things he claimed to know about the parks, he turned out to be a co-worker although neither of us knew that at the time.
Do you mean me specifically or in general? I don’t feel I’ve treated anyone badly on this board, that I can recall. I went through my Debate Bro phase earlier in life, lol. (I’m not actually a bro but this seems to be largely a male pursuit so there’s not a name for females.) Somewhere on an internet Time Machine is me getting into an absolute smack down about free will (probably repeatedly)!

Nickm2022

In other news, I’m hoping there can be a more natural way to connect Toy Story Land to AC if it ends up with Monsters going there. Right now you’ll go past the remnants of Pixar place and generic backstage theming (One Man’s Dream and Mermaid) and then get there. They can of course leave it all as is and it’ll still be great, I just think that corridor is very disjointed. To clarify this is not me advocating to remove OMD either
I agree, I also think One Man's Dream and Mermaid can be left alone, plus they can add a cutaway path behind those buildings if needed. The hope I have with Monsters in AC is that we get some type of connection to Sun Set to help with crowd flow, especially once RnR get's rethemed that will cause a huge traffic jam if it's still a one way road.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Do you mean me specifically or in general? I don’t feel I’ve treated anyone badly on this board, that I can recall. I went through my Debate Bro phase earlier in life, lol. (I’m not actually a bro but this seems to be largely a male pursuit so there’s not a name for females.) Somewhere on an internet Time Machine is me getting into an absolute smack down about free will (probably repeatedly)!

Not directed at you, just a general comment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom