News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Earlie the Pearlie

Our mystical friend has flamed out of the forums for unknown reasons. As the time of his dissolution drew near, his proclamations became more and more janky.

So, the one guy who was willing to double and triple down on the coaster going in Animation Courtyard is now "looking in the right places"... elsewhere.
Here lies our friend, dear Henry Mystic
Reputable ‘till he went ballistic

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I think he was just outright trolling us before he vanished.
1728586701090.png

Ichabod Crane

'm just gonna be slightly nosy but have y'all heard plans for other Nintendo IPs outside of Pokémon and TLOZ? I've heard peeps about Kirby, but as far I know that was only on the rough, extremely early 'nintendo IP gumbo land' plans. I know Pikmin are in SNW as little Easter Eggs (love those guys). I don't keep up much with Uni rumors so I like to see what's being talked about 👀.
I’d heard awhile back that Japan wants something Animal Crossing but I’m not sure if that’s still the case or if it would ever make it over stateside.
I also heard Kremlings were originally apart of the DKC coaster over Tikis in another forum, does that have any weight?
Maybe in the absolute most earliest of plans (as in back when they were throwing together that big gumbo style land before an official deal was even struck) but actually when DK was being designed proper Nintendo was going through a big “No King K Rool” phase and the Tropical Freeze game had just came out so I’d actually heard that King K and the Kremlings were specifically not allowed to be featured in the ride and land and they had to specifically go with elements from Donkey Kong Country returns and Tropicsl Freeze. Then King K made his way into Smash Bros and Nintendo realized he’s still very popular, so it’s actually that’s something that I think Uni would change now if they could do it again.

Sneaky

I'm just gonna be slightly nosy but have y'all heard plans for other Nintendo IPs outside of Pokémon and TLOZ? I've heard peeps about Kirby, but as far I know that was only on the rough, extremely early 'nintendo IP gumbo land' plans. I know Pikmin are in SNW as little Easter Eggs (love those guys). I don't keep up much with Uni rumors so I like to see what's being talked about 👀.

I also heard Kremlings were originally apart of the DKC coaster over Tikis in another forum, does that have any weight?

---

On Topic Note: After deciding nobody knows anything about the actual location, and what I've heard aside: I believe the height balloon for Muppets is a sign of the endtimes for Muppets ngl. I do not believe they'll use the AC space for the Monsters IP, especially with rumors (be it strong or weak) of Uni letting Simpsons go without a fight and making plans for a MSI replacement.

I can see why it'd be AC, but if they want to cut some corners, Muppets already has a show building they could use, and a quick service and sit down with all plumbing, internals ready to be used.

I'm not taking a definitive stance, and like I said before, I haven't been plugged into anything lately, but I think Muppets will either be replaced by Monsters or whatever the future plans are (be it the Shanghai Pirates theory, Simps, Bluey, Marvel, Alien, or whatever else people are talking about).

I'd be equally not shocked if it's AC or Muppets.

My current stance is that: between them not announcing a location at D23 (AC would've been a slam dunk), the height balloons spotted near Muppets recently reportedly, and Muppets no longer being highlighted on the recent park map, I feel a perfect storm is approaching to have evidence that it is Muppets.

OTHER HAND- We have the murmurs of employees leaving the AC buildings, alongside the fact the Disney Junior Show hasn't been updated at all recently and is showcasing shows that been off the air for awhile. (shocked Disney hasn't penned out a park deal for Bluey yet! that'd be an easy slam dunk for the younger crowd!), quietness regarding VOTLM (even though all signs point towards it remaining in the same space) and Launch Bay being a ghost town, I can see why they'd want to tackle AC versus an area that still has an attraction that can fill half a theater near the main draw of the park (SWGE).
It got taken off the park dates shirts with Dino too apparently. Not looking good.

Disstevefan1

My current stance is that: between them not announcing a location at D23 (AC would've been a slam dunk), the height balloons spotted near Muppets recently reportedly, and Muppets no longer being highlighted on the recent park map, I feel a perfect storm is approaching to have evidence that it is Muppets.

OTHER HAND- We have the murmurs of employees leaving the AC buildings, alongside the fact the Disney Junior Show hasn't been updated at all recently and is showcasing shows that been off the air for awhile. (shocked Disney hasn't penned out a park deal for Bluey yet! that'd be an easy slam dunk for the younger crowd!), quietness regarding VOTLM (even though all signs point towards it remaining in the same space) and Launch Bay being a ghost town, I can see why they'd want to tackle AC versus an area that still has an attraction that can fill half a theater near the main draw of the park (SWGE).
Well this is todays Disney.

So they could be making cast members leave the AC building (ing their cast members off) AND destroying Muppets (ing their guests off).

Nothing Disney does would surprise me these days.

celluloid

I'm just gonna be slightly nosy but have y'all heard plans for other Nintendo IPs outside of Pokémon and TLOZ? I've heard peeps about Kirby, but as far I know that was only on the rough, extremely early 'nintendo IP gumbo land' plans. I know Pikmin are in SNW as little Easter Eggs (love those guys). I don't keep up much with Uni rumors so I like to see what's being talked about 👀.

---
I will be completely transparent I thought the Kirkby thing was long dead. I have nothing else on that.

I think a lot of the DK related easter eggs will occur within the indoor/covered play areas of DK.

Moth

@celluloid @Ichabod Crane Thank you both for the info regarding the Nintendo and specifically DK stuff! The story I heard was that Uni Creative was using the engagement the K.Rool Smash reveal got to convince Nintendo to let them use Kremlings for EU at least and got shot down.

Interesting to hear about Animal Crossing being wanted in Japan from Ichabod! It's a massively popular brand over there along with Splatoon so I wouldn't be shocked to see it materialize over there, I think Animal Crossing at least would have a fair shot of showing up in the US, even if I can't think of a location, and Kirby being long dead makes sense since HAL Labs owns partial of the IP I think?

Would love to see Wario one day pop up in SNW at the least, I think that'd be plausible as a third 'pipe' for EU's SNW to go with DK and the rumored Luigi's Mansion ride.

It got taken off the park dates shirts with Dino too apparently. Not looking good.
Is this a running change or was it never on there in the first place? Are other 3D films included on the shirt?

Sneaky

@celluloid @Ichabod Crane Thank you both for the info regarding the Nintendo and specifically DK stuff! The story I heard was that Uni Creative was using the engagement the K.Rool Smash reveal got to convince Nintendo to let them use Kremlings for EU at least and got shot down.

Interesting to hear about Animal Crossing being wanted in Japan from Ichabod! It's a massively popular brand over there along with Splatoon so I wouldn't be shocked to see it materialize over there, I think Animal Crossing at least would have a fair shot of showing up in the US, even if I can't think of a location, and Kirby being long dead makes sense since HAL Labs owns partial of the IP I think?

Would love to see Wario one day pop up in SNW at the least, I think that'd be plausible as a third 'pipe' for EU's SNW to go with DK and the rumored Luigi's Mansion ride.

Is this a running change or was it never on there in the first place? Are other 3D films included on the shirt?
I no longer could find where I saw it. Swore it was blogmickey but couldn’t find it. Please disregard. Sorry.

Ichabod Crane

The story I heard was that Uni Creative was using the engagement the K.Rool Smash reveal got to convince Nintendo to let them use Kremlings for EU at least and got shot down
An important element to remember with the SNW stuff being built right now is that it was designed way back in the 2015-17 timeframe. That’s why the Mario section is more in line with 3D world aesthetically as opposed to say, Odyssey or Wonder. It’s a similar situation with DK in that it was designed before K Rool’s entry to Smash and subsequent resurgence.
There is one play area of DK that is definitely getting built.
I know they’re building the power up band games for sure but I heard that the actual playground area got “phase 2’d”.

celluloid

My understanding is still we get VOTLM back for a short bit. A Phased build of Monsters of the rest of Animation Courtyard for the next 2 to 3 years. It was part of the reason VOTLM new version got greenlit. To support the closing of the other side bits that are being transformed in the rest of the area.

celluloid

I know they’re building the power up band games for sure but I heard that the actual playground area got “phase 2’d”.

I do not think so. It may struggle a bit on opening day as a legal tweak and issue. But it is definitely part of the first phase. It is the only thing besides Yoshi that is included without paying for it in a park that does not have a lot to offer low to no height requirement.

Ichabod Crane

I do not think so. It may struggle a bit on opening day as a legal tweak and issue. But it is definitely part of the first phase. It is the only thing besides Yoshi that is included without paying for it in a park that does not have a lot to offer low to no height requirement.
I just checked the fly through on the announcement video and the playground isn’t in it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom