News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

BrianLo

I don’t know, I guess I’m in the camp of - if someone thinks they have a good scoop, and they want to post it, what’s the harm? I don’t get all the hate towards “insiders that might not be insider-ish enough”.

He was lying. Blatantly. You do get that now, right?

How is that remotely a good or useful or contributory thing to a rumour board. All it causes is me having to listen to years of posters whine about Disney making cut backs on something some poster made up for attention. People still think now there’s real substance behind this Shanghai Pirate rumour… even though we know he made it up and Martin has kind of shut it down.

I 100 percent support speculation. I do it myself. I don’t support liars misrepresenting themselves and pandering for likes. Even if he was infinitely much more pleasant than WDW Pro was.

Moth

There's a slight difference between Harmonious' failure and the purported planned near-term obsolescence of the Mermaid redo since its inception.
Yeah more people dunked on Harmonious, was despised by a lot of people and was an eyesore, there's a difference between Disney going into panic mode and wanting to wash their hands of it fast versus making an all new show just to plan to kill it.

roj2323

Muppets vs. Animation Courtyard. I suspect that if it ultimately goes into Animation Courtyard that probably only buys Muppets 5 more years. They are clearly looking to re-develop that space.
I agree and in an ideal world they would find a way to make the Muppets IP relevant to modern audiences but sadly it will likely get replaced with zootopia or some other nonsense.

celluloid

Muppets vs. Animation Courtyard. I suspect that if it ultimately goes into Animation Courtyard that probably only buys Muppets 5 more years. They are clearly looking to re-develop that space.

That will buy 5 more years for leadership to actually replace attraction venues with better things and content to what is going on now. Not many should mind losing the empty lifeless exhibit of Launch Bay and Playhouse Junior's lack of upkeep.

To lose Muppets, whcih at its core is still a great attraction for all in a time when great atttractions were frequent, would be a shame,

DisneyHead123

He was lying. Blatantly. You do get that now, right?

Eh… presumably none of us are psychic. I don’t know what his motivation was, especially in those last few posts, which were uncharacteristic. I’ll leave it at that.

How is that remotely a good or useful or contributory thing to a rumour board. All it causes is me having to listen to years of posters whine about Disney making cut backs on something some poster made up for attention. People still think now there’s real substance behind this Shanghai Pirate rumour… even though we know he made it up and Martin has kind of shut it down.

I 100 percent support speculation. I do it myself. I don’t support liars misrepresenting themselves and pandering for likes. Even if he was infinitely much more pleasant than WDW Pro was.

Like I said, it seemed like he needed a break as of his last few posts. Before that though? I have no idea if he’s a 55-year-old lawyer whose partner works at Disney or a 14-year-old homeschooler who talked to a bus driver on his last trip. And I kinda don’t care. If he wants to say he thinks he knows something, he’s welcome to do that. There are many, maaaany areas where the topic of online misinformation causes me a great deal of despair. This is one of the few that I kinda don’t care about. Go ahead and brag about what the churro guy told you, it’s fun to hear what rumors are buzzing about.

celluloid

Eh… presumably none of us are psychic. I don’t know what his motivation was, especially in those last few posts, which were uncharacteristic. I’ll leave it at that.

Like I said, it seemed like he needed a break as of his last few posts. Before that though? I have no idea if he’s a 55-year-old lawyer whose partner works at Disney or a 14-year-old homeschooler who talked to a bus driver on his last trip. And I kinda don’t care. If he wants to say he thinks he knows something, he’s welcome to do that. There are many, maaaany areas where the topic of online misinformation causes me a great deal of despair. This is one of the few that I kinda don’t care about. Go ahead and brag about what the churro guy told you, it’s fun to hear what rumors are buzzing about.

These posts of yours are human forward and I am here for it.

lazyboy97o

Repeating what the churro guy told you isn’t lying unless you know it’s not true but decide to present it as true. So where is the line? When is it okay to lie and not okay? Is lying about what’s in permit filings okay if it sounds fun? Is okay to claim construction photos show something is coming even if they don’t?

DisneyHead123

Repeating what the churro guy told you isn’t lying unless you know it’s not true but decide to present it as true. So where is the line? When is it okay to lie and not okay? Is lying about what’s in permit filings okay if it sounds fun? Is okay to claim construction photos show something is coming even if they don’t?

Lying is about intent. Unless you read minds you can’t know who is lying, who is over excited about something they legitimately heard, and who is confused. It seems futile to attempt to monitor volitional lying on a message board. (Although fact check, sure. That’s always a good idea.)

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

James Alucobond

Lying is about intent. Unless you read minds you can’t know who is lying, who is over excited about something they legitimately heard, and who is confused. It seems futile to attempt to monitor volitional lying on a message board. (Although fact check, sure. That’s always a good idea.)
If you are confused or ill-informed, you know it. Confusion is not a shield for projecting certainty and acting like you know more than you do. You can easily frame something with, "Well, I'm not sure, but I think ...", but far too often, people state something like it's a fact only to circle back and say that a guess isn't a lie. But it is a lie if you don't make it clear that you're guessing or dress it up as the truth.

DisneyHead123

If you are confused or ill-informed, you know it.

Wait what? I’d say it’s fairly certain that if you are ill-informed you don’t know it. Most people don’t go around believing falsehoods on purpose.

As far as “confused”, I meant that as a stand-in for “having a difficult time but let’s leave it at that because I don’t like having my posts deleted.” Not confused as in “I don’t understand these directions, hmm.”

James Alucobond

Wait what? I’d say it’s fairly certain that if you are ill-informed you don’t know it. Most people don’t go around believing falsehoods on purpose.

As far as “confused”, I meant that as a stand-in for “having a difficult time but let’s leave it at that because I don’t like having my posts deleted.” Not confused as in “I don’t understand these directions, hmm.”
You know when you have gaps in your knowledge. If your reaction is to fill in those gaps with guesses or instinctual notions without qualifying your guesses as such, then you're doing it wrong. It's another thing to be mistaken entirely and legitimately think you know some fact that you actually don't, but that's not the kind of situation we're talking about here. You won't be puzzled about whether or not you have inside information about an attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom