News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

RSoxNo1

Which 7 new rides? 3 for Animal Kingdom of which one is a re-skin.... Cars Road Rally thing, Something for Villains and possibly a second attraction... I am at 5, possibly 6... but that also includes the "Phase 2" components which rarely happen.
Indiana Jones, Carousel and Encanto in DAK
Two Cars Rides and Two Villains Rides in MK
Monster's Inc Coaster in DHS

I should have said 8, my bad.

Casper Gutman

Indiana Jones, Carousel and Encanto in DAK
Two Cars Rides and Two Villains Rides in MK
Monster's Inc Coaster in DHS

I should have said 8, my bad.
Come on. Counting Villains rides is a cheat. That land has as much chance of happening as if it hasn’t been mentioned.

If everything else gets built it’s a net addition of MAYBE one attraction, depending on the location of Monsters. If you want to give Disney the benefit of the doubt and count only “rides,” it might be an addition of three rides, one of them (the second Cars attraction, which is far from guaranteed) likely a flat.

Before the announcements, reliable insiders were reporting that we were getting ADDITIONAL capacity in the form of major Coco and Moana rides at MK, possible additional capacity from an AK Lion King attraction, and keeping Rivers of America and Muppets. The D23 announcements were really quite awful.

Disstevefan1

Let's call it 10 new attractions because the Auto Parts Mountain and the Villains Lair gift shop will be attractions in an of themselves....lol
and can we count the new flooring material as an attraction like they did in EPCOT?
Hey we need to add the two DVC towers; Poly and reflections and the new DVC that is replacing cabins since Iger considers these expansions 👍

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Come on. Counting Villains rides is a cheat. That land has as much chance of happening as if it hasn’t been mentioned.

If everything else gets built it’s a net addition of MAYBE one attraction, depending on the location of Monsters. If you want to give Disney the benefit of the doubt and count only “rides,” it might be an addition of three rides, one of them (the second Cars attraction, which is far from guaranteed) likely a flat.

Before the announcements, reliable insiders were reporting that we were getting ADDITIONAL capacity in the form of major Coco and Moana rides at MK, possible additional capacity from an AK Lion King attraction, and keeping Rivers of America and Muppets. The D23 announcements were really quite awful.
Ahh, so the d23 announcements were awful because YOU were hyped up by rumors. That's a great argument.

WorldExplorer

Well...

In AK -
Dinosaur REPLACED by Indy.
Primeval Whirl REPLACED the Encanto attraction.
Triceratop Spin REPLACED by a carousel.
LOSS of the boneyard.
LOSS of Cretaceous Trail

If you're counting the trail, count the Fossil Fun Games.

Something great about Dinoland when it had everything it was built to have was that it was clearly built with families in mind. It had a lot of variety. Are the big kids in the line for Dinosaur or Primeval Whirl and you have little ones that don't want to go on? Well, you could go in the line for TriceraTop Spin, but if you don't want to you can walk right into the Boneyard, OR you can play the carnival games.

You can see this same type of thinking in Frontierland. More adventurous family members on Splash Mountain or Big Thunder? Head on over to Tom Sawyer Island or the Country Bear Jamboree or play at the mini-Laughin' Place playground.

Attractions that are easily accessible and do not have long lines (or any at all), not because they're failing, but because they were not designed to attract tons of people and have a line/were designed to have high turn over. They're low on investment; they're short, and/or you can leave at will. When the family is off the big ride, you just leave the playground or they join you easily because you aren't stuck in another line that isn't perfectly aligned with the time of the line they were in. If you must wait for CB to end or the raft to show up, it shouldn't be long.

When they're done with the two lands, you'll have the option to go stand in another line with your kids who naturally hate waiting and are probably very much sick of lines by this point. Just like Toy Story Land.

No problem, of course. Just spend more money on Lightning Lanes. Disney wants to make it easy for you to have fun, after all.

Casper Gutman

Ahh, so the d23 announcements were awful because YOU were hyped up by rumors. That's a great argument.
The announced changes are awful because (with the exception of the Dinoland redo) they’re awful.

And I’ve come to trust certain insiders enough not to call them rumors. I think it’s fair to say the Moana/ Coco expansion was the plan until a relatively last minute change determined by a top-level desire to save on land development and to include an IP that moves more merch.

The core issue is that the WDW parks desperately need added capacity, especially MK, but that management absolutely will not acknowledge this or act on it for reasons largely connected to executive egos.

Disstevefan1

If you're counting the trail, count the Fossil Fun Games.

Something great about Dinoland when it had everything it was built to have was that it was clearly built with families in mind. It had a lot of variety. Are the big kids in the line for Dinosaur or Primeval Whirl and you have little ones that don't want to go on? Well, you could go in the line for TriceraTop Spin, but if you don't want to you can walk right into the Boneyard, OR you can play the carnival games.

You can see this same type of thinking in Frontierland. More adventurous family members on Splash Mountain or Big Thunder? Head on over to Tom Sawyer Island or the Country Bear Jamboree or play at the mini-Laughin' Place playground.

Attractions that are easily accessible and do not have long lines (or any at all), not because they're failing, but because they were not designed to attract tons of people and have a line/were designed to have high turn over. They're low on investment; they're short, and/or you can leave at will. When the family is off the big ride, you just leave the playground or they join you easily because you aren't stuck in another line that isn't perfectly aligned with the time of the line they were in. If you must wait for CB to end or the raft to show up, it shouldn't be long.

When they're done with the two lands, you'll have the option to go stand in another line with your kids who naturally hate waiting and are probably very much sick of lines by this point. Just like Toy Story Land.

No problem, of course. Just spend more money on Lightning Lanes. Disney wants to make it easy for you to have fun, after all.
All good points. We all must remember the real reason they are filling in ROA, removing TSI and the riverboat..... TO SELL MORE LLs!!!

Starship824

In the Parks
No
The announced changes are awful because (with the exception of the Dinoland redo) they’re awful.

And I’ve come to trust certain insiders enough not to call them rumors. I think it’s fair to say the Moana/ Coco expansion was the plan until a relatively last minute change determined by a top-level desire to save on land development and to include an IP that moves more merch.

The core issue is that the WDW parks desperately need added capacity, especially MK, but that management absolutely will not acknowledge this or act on it for reasons largely connected to executive egos.
1. That's very much your opinion, you're entitled to that, I don't fully agree but if that's how you feel then fine.

2. Whether you trust an "insider" or not, anything that's unconfirmed is a rumor. And there were rumours of Cars months before d23, mainly coming from Brayden at Mickey views who was right about almost everything, including that the RoA would be removed.

3. Whether you like the Cars announcement or not it will give the park more capacity. The amount of people who will experience Cars and villains will be more than TSI and the RoA. I do agree DAK and DHS need way more capacity.

Casper Gutman

1. That's very much your opinion, you're entitled to that, I don't fully agree but if that's how you feel then fine.

2. Whether you trust an "insider" or not, anything that's unconfirmed is a rumor. And there were rumours of Cars months before d23, mainly coming from Brayden at Mickey views who was right about almost everything, including that the RoA would be removed.

3. Whether you like the Cars announcement or not it will give the park more capacity. The amount of people who will experience Cars and villains will be more than TSI and the RoA. I do agree DAK and DHS need way more capacity.
You have no idea of the capacity of Cars. How high is the capacity of Autopia?

And we need to stop pretending Villains is likely to happen. We all know about “blue sky” art and Phase 2s.

CoasterFan27

There's always going to be ideas bouncing around inside a company that never see the light of day, and usually because of what makes the most money/smaller cost, that's not a weird Disney thing that's just an artefact of decision making for any group of people selling a product.

As Starship said you're only disappointed by the announcements because you invented your own reality of what those announcements would be. Nothing is real until it's built, announcements are only a step towards reality, and ideas within the company that never get announced (even if they have money spent on potential designs) are abundant, transient, and a recipe for disappointment if you think they should all turn into announcements.

Casper Gutman

There's always going to be ideas bouncing around inside a company that never see the light of day, and usually because of what makes the most money/smaller cost, that's not a weird Disney thing that's just an artefact of decision making for any group of people selling a product.

As Starship said you're only disappointed by the announcements because you invented your own reality of what those announcements would be. Nothing is real until it's built, announcements are only a step towards reality, and ideas within the company that never get announced (even if they have money spent on potential designs) are abundant, transient, and a recipe for disaster if you think they should all turn into announcements.
Again, the “rumors” were encouraging because they ACKNOWLEDGED THAT THE RESORT NEEDS CAPACITY.

I’m disappointed in the announcements because, outside of Dinoland, they’re awful. They’re removing beloved attractions for underwhelming replacements, Disney’s pattern for three decades.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
You have no idea of the capacity of Cars. How high is the capacity of Autopia?

And we need to stop pretending Villains is likely to happen. We all know about “blue sky” art and Phase 2s.
1. Not entirely sure, but if we were to compare the theoretical complicity of each shouldn't we sue Test Track and RSR?

2. You can't just ignore villains cause it doesn't fit your narrative.

Bocabear

yeah, but by that argument adding two Himalaya spinners on Main Street would also give the park more capacity... Any attraction will give the park more capacity...that doesn't mean that any addition is a good idea....especially when there are shuttered attractions in the park... And the charm of the Magic Kingdom is not based on the "latest greatest movie franchise" but the fairytale classics, and old Disney nostalgia... Let DHS and EPCOT have the trendy new IP... Magic Kingdom was never based on current hit IP attractions... ever. And yet, somehow it is the most visited and popular of the Disney parks.

Casper Gutman

1. Not entirely sure, but if we were to compare the theoretical complicity of each shouldn't we sue Test Track and RSR?

2. You can't just ignore villains cause it doesn't fit your narrative.
The Cars attraction announced for MK is not analogous to RSR or TT.

You can’t ignore Disneys history or the nature of the D23 announcements to pretend Villains is more then a blue sky concept. Remember the Coco “Beyond Thunder Mountain” art shown by Disney at D23 in 2022? The stuff you said was an unfounded rumor?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom