News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Bocabear

We're less than 2 months removed from them confirming 7 new rides in WDW...
Which 7 new rides? 3 for Animal Kingdom of which one is a re-skin.... Cars Road Rally thing, Something for Villains and possibly a second attraction... I am at 5, possibly 6... but that also includes the "Phase 2" components which rarely happen.

Stripes

Premium Member
Which 7 new rides? 3 for Animal Kingdom of which one is a re-skin.... Cars Road Rally thing, Something for Villains and possibly a second attraction... I am at 5, possibly 6... but that also includes the "Phase 2" components which rarely happen.
Animal Kingdom: Indiana Jones, Encanto, Carousel
Magic Kingdom: Cars flat ride, Cars E-ticket, 2 Villains E-tickets
EPCOT: Test Track 3.0
Hollywood Studios: Monsters Door coaster

That’s 9 attractions. 7 if you exclude Test Track and Indiana Jones.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Animal Kingdom: Indiana Jones, Encanto, Carousel
Magic Kingdom: Cars flat ride, Cars E-ticket, 2 Villains E-tickets
EPCOT: Test Track 3.0
Hollywood Studios: Monsters Door coaster

That’s 9 attractions. 7 if you exclude Test Track and Indiana Jones.
We can also exclude the Zootopia rethemed of ITtbaB and the Villains retheme of Sunset Blvd's Cars show. ;)

Disstevefan1

We're less than 2 months removed from them confirming 7 new rides in WDW...
Well...

In AK -
Dinosaur REPLACED by Indy.
Primeval Whirl REPLACED the Encanto attraction.
Triceratop Spin REPLACED by a carousel.
LOSS of the boneyard.
LOSS of Cretaceous Trail

In MK -
LOSS of Rivers of America
LOSS of TSI
LOSS of the riverboat
REPLACED by one E ticket Cars attraction and one flat kids ride.

In HS -
Muppets 3D (probably) REPLACED by the Monsters coaster.

Honorable mention -
EPCOT Future World DESTROYED by World Celebration rust garden and ugly planter.

I wont mention Villains land in MK, its too far in the future and is probably BS.

Sneaky

Cries in Disneyland Parc Paris, no new rides in 18 years, nearly 19 years. Only 3 new rides in the next 5 years announced, one of which was first announced in 2018
I hope you guys get as big an expansion as we did someday. You guys are getting somewhat screwed for all the talented people you have working there, and arguably having Eisner era imagineerings masterpiece in DLPP. Look on the brightside, at least you’ll have the best modern splash!

Stripes

Premium Member
Not necessarily. The water management permits are not like building permits in that they have to be tied to specific, imminent work.
I wouldn’t necessarily say imminent but the permit specifically mentioned that the Adventureland expansion plot was designated for future development and that the new regional stormwater facility was designed and engineered to support those basins once they are developed.

Marc Davis Fan

I suspect more is going to be announced in Brazil. But we’ll see.

The SFWMD permit indicated there are near-term plans to develop the Adventureland plot rumored for Moana.

My fingers have been staying crossed for this. Apparently the Adventureland announcement was planned but cut fairly late in the game.

The Magic Kingdom hasn't gotten a new e-ticket since Splash Mountain opened in 1992 (unless you count the 59-second TLCR, in which case it has gotten 1 in that quarter-century period). As the park perceived to be "Disney" by most people, it should put Disney's best foot forward, and that means really catching up big-time, IMHO. Four upcoming e-tickets would seem about right to that end.

lazyboy97o

I wouldn’t necessarily say imminent but the permit specifically mentioned that the Adventureland expansion plot was designated for future development and that the new regional stormwater facility was designed and engineered to support those basins once they are developed.
The water management permits do not have to be tied to any specific work. You can receive the permission and then just sit on it. It’s not use or lose it like with building permits. It’s a spot they’ve specifically identified for expansion and have looked at multiple times over the past 20 years, it makes sense to go ahead and get it set up now while they’re already doing a major redo of the park’s water management. They are then free to do something sooner or later.

Fox&Hound

Well...

In AK -
Dinosaur REPLACED by Indy.
Primeval Whirl REPLACED the Encanto attraction.
Triceratop Spin REPLACED by a carousel.
LOSS of the boneyard.
LOSS of Cretaceous Trail

In MK -
LOSS of Rivers of America
LOSS of TSI
LOSS of the riverboat
REPLACED by one E ticket Cars attraction and one flat kids ride.

In HS -
Muppets 3D (probably) REPLACED by the Monsters coaster.

Honorable mention -
EPCOT Future World DESTROYED by World Celebration rust garden and ugly planter.

I wont mention Villains land in MK, its too far in the future and is probably BS.
This is utter rubbish thinking and you know it. Trying to pretend that a major Encanto addition does not count because it replaced primeval whirl?!? Seriously?

TrainsOfDisney

This is utter rubbish thinking and you know it. Trying to pretend that a major Encanto addition does not count because it replaced primeval whirl?!? Seriously?
He never said it didn’t count. But there are attractions being lost with this.

The boneyard seems to be biggest loss to me. I don’t have kids, but areas where kids can play and explore like shrunk the kids, Tom Sawyer island, and boneyard seem like good things for the parks to have.

Disstevefan1

I loved primeval whirl!

Besides that-

I hope Encanto handles more people per hour than primeval whirl! My main point is park capacity. I do not think the park is significantly gaining capacity with these changes compared when Dinoland USA was in full swing, and the bone yard and the trail was there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom