News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

LSLS

I can’t imagine they’d announce Villains Land if they weren’t absolutely sure they could follow through with it. This isn’t the Main Street Theater we’re talking about, but something that has far too much significance to fans to be dangled and taken away.
Agree, I think there's next to no chance the lands announced aren't happening. Now, they could be scaled back, but they will happen. BUT, I also think these hopes for other things could easily be cancelled, which is why I hate Monsters at Muppets. It's not that I muppets must stay forever (though I'd love them to), it's that I could EASILY see them not doing whatever their plan for AC is. And then you lose muppets and don't increase capacity too much for no reason.

Casper Gutman

I can’t imagine they’d announce Villains Land if they weren’t absolutely sure they could follow through with it. This isn’t the Main Street Theater we’re talking about, but something that has far too much significance to fans to be dangled and taken away.
The execs absolutely don’t consider fans in those terms - and, frankly, most fans will just forget anyway, especially if Disney dangles the next shiny object in front of them and just “delays” the project indefinitely rather then cancelling. Villains was trotted out in the same “blue sky” manner as Coco beyond BTM in 2022. Villains was in the same segment in 2022, not coincidentally.

ToTBellHop

We’d expect to see Villains in what, 2031? 2032? It’s blue sky.
If you say that one more time, you’ll have worn us all down and we will believe you.
1728061007179.gif

LSLS

The execs absolutely don’t consider fans in those terms - and, frankly, most fans will just forget anyway, especially if Disney dangles the next shiny object in front of them and just “delays” the project indefinitely rather then cancelling. Villains was trotted out in the same “blue sky” manner as Coco beyond BTM in 2022. Villains was in the same segment in 2022, not coincidentally.

I disagree. MAYBE with Monsters. But Villains is far too big a deal for that to happen. They absolutely could budget cut and bare bones it, but even that I think is less likely (far more likely for Monsters and Cars).

LittleBuford

I respectfully disagree. I can't not see it happening.

Disstevefan1

Can’t we be a little rational and admit they’ll build all of these areas?

But, we will hate them all.
I wouldn’t hate it if they spare Muppets and put Monsters in the launch bay.

Hey it’s Friday AND we are in the new fiscal quarter for TWDC, do we think they are going to sneak in an announcement later today?

Gusey

I mean, we can look at the facts.
  • 2022 - Coco, Encanto and Villains were announced as Blue Sky plans for Beyond Big Thunder. Moana and Zootopia as Blue Sky plans to replace Dinoland
  • 2023 - Tropical Americas was the new Blue Sky plans for Dinoland's replacement, with Encanto and Indiana Jones. Beyond Big Thunder was mentioned as still in development with nothing set in stone
  • 2024 - Tropical Americas is officially confirmed to be happeneing, opening in 2027. Cars in Frontierland and Villains Land are officially confirmed to be open by 2029. These projects are no longer Blue Sky

LittleBuford

in our own minds, yes, but Disney continues to tell us they don't care what we want....
Yeah, I disagree with that assessment. If they didn't care, they would never have announced it in the first place. It's clearly fan service, as is the Monsters Inc. door coaster.

In any case, we'll all know in a few (or maybe more than a few!) years' time whether it'll happen. I'll readily acknowledge my mistake if I turn out to be wrong.

UNCgolf

I wouldn't call any of those nearly as big a deal. A Villains-based land or park has been the holy grail among fans for years now.

Has it really, though?

I mean, maybe it has. I don't follow any kind of Disney fan social media (or listen to podcasts about Disney, watch YouTube about Disney, etc.), so I'm far from being the most plugged in regarding stuff like that -- but I don't remember seeing/hearing much about it until it was floated as a possibility a couple of years ago.

I'm admittedly ambivalent about it, though. I'd rather see individual villains used in attractions that tie into their IP. I have a hard time imagining a Villains land that doesn't either feel like a strange mishmash or like it's really themed to one specific IP with other villains just randomly scattered in, especially since it's just one land with a couple of attractions. It's not something I'm especially excited about.

Bocabear

Yeah, I disagree with that assessment. If they didn't care, they would never have announced it in the first place. It's clearly fan service, as is the Monsters Inc. door coaster.

In any case, we'll all know in a few (or maybe more than a few!) years' time whether it'll happen. I'll readily acknowledge my mistake if I turn out to be wrong.
Me too... I want to be wrong....I want them to do something absolutely stellar....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom