News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

celluloid

View attachment 817969

Matt's not even the worst Kermit. Remember when they had Artie Esposito do Kermit for a couple things in 2009?

Matthew Lillard is the only live action face who tried. Does not really belong there.

And I think with everyone else on that list doing their own voice and for tje most part, typical Schick, not a character at all means we don't want it to continue.

There is a reason half your meme list is Disney. They can do better.

Sneaky

My take: Give Matt Vogel a chance. It’s a different take. He does well singing as Kermit. And while his speaking voice isn’t perfect, it’s not the worst thing in the world. I don’t mind it, I’ve warmed up to it over time. Kermit is Kermit, simple as that.

Casper Gutman

Since we're always off-topic...

DHS's Fantasmic! was recently greatly improved by getting rid of "suddenly Colonialists" and upgrading a few FX and a few tweaks here and there. So, if you haven't been for a while, it's worth checking out. There's nothing awful about it.

Altho... it could use *a lot* more tweaks if it wants to be excellent. (Or a complete re-write.)
What makes Fantasmic special is the space and the way the show was perfectly designed to utilize it. It’s a show made to fit one particular spot, a spot where the audience can feel directly involved with the show. It simply doesn’t work in an arena setting, where the action is too distant and separated from the guest, where “viewer” and “viewed” are rigidly demarcated. It would be like sitting in the stands at a stadium and watching MSEP or Spectromagic go around a track.

All this is on top of the uncomfortable seats, the long, cement-y wait to get in, the herding and shuffling… it’s just not worth it.

I’m sure the DL version has declined since the fire. That doesn’t change the fact that the problems with the WDW version are fundamental to its design. MGM needs a show designed from the ground up for MGM.

celluloid

What makes Fantasmic special is the space and the way the show was perfectly designed to utilize it. It’s a show made to fit one particular spot, a spot where the audience can feel directly involved with the show. It simply doesn’t work in an arena setting, where the action is too distant and separated from the guest, where “viewer” and “viewed” are rigidly demarcated. It would be like sitting in the stands at a stadium and watching MSEP or Spectromagic go around a track.

All this is on top of the uncomfortable seats, the long, cement-y wait to get in, the herding and shuffling… it’s just not worth it.

I’m sure the DL version has declined since the fire. That doesn’t change the fact that the problems with the WDW version are fundamental to its design. MGM needs a show designed from the ground up for MGM.
Disney also never learned this from any of those Animal Kingdom shows in the Asian section of the park. More reasons than just that,but a large part while none of them were particularly that entertaining.

Last edited:

celluloid

Attempting to get on topic, the current consensus is animation courtyard? If so:
  • When do you predict they announce it?
  • When does construction start?
  • Where do you predict they expand next?
  • How much longer do you think Kermit and company have left?
Well some of these are the same question phrased differently. Kermit and The Muopets are.mostly done outside of random merch and events once the daily is out.
We don't know for sure unto we know where Monsters is going.

No matter when they announce it. We are a few to four years putnas they will tie it to the third Monsters Inc based film release.

WDWFREAK53

Individual studios put out out a range of movies with different genres, moods, settings, etc....

If you're against patchwork theming, then sections dedicated to a specific studio isn't what you want, else you get WALL*E next to The Good Dinosaur.
Having the entrance the way it is and then branching off of Hollywood to immerse you in the films you love. There is no reason you can't have a Pixar Studios land and have miniland areas within it. If I'm in that land, I expect to see Monsters next to Toy Story. If I'm in Lucasfilm, I expect to experience Indiana Jones adjacent to Star Wars. The overall studios "lands" are just the transition areas into the minilands that they hold.

Jedi14

Attempting to get on topic, the current consensus is animation courtyard? If so:
  • When do you predict they announce it?
  • When does construction start?
  • Where do you predict they expand next?
  • How much longer do you think Kermit and company have left?
My guesses, also DL Fantasmic was carried on their dragon’s back.
  • Late 2024
  • Spring 2025
  • Muppet Courtyard
  • Until Disney decides to build Zootopia, Springfield, or a Marvel area ( if the current Universal rumors are true)

celluloid

Having the entrance the way it is and then branching off of Hollywood to immerse you in the films you love. There is no reason you can't have a Pixar Studios land and have miniland areas within it. If I'm in that land, I expect to see Monsters next to Toy Story. If I'm in Lucasfilm, I expect to experience Indiana Jones adjacent to Star Wars. The overall studios "lands" are just the transition areas into the minilands that they hold.
Exactly. It just needs some linking to make it less arbitrary.

To your points, we know we are ok with Adventureland having jungle Cruise near pirates, both are characterization in tone yet different themes.
Both linked by the mythos of what people want adventure to be.

That is the issue with DHS. For the most part, all the new has come with only "We own it."

Purduevian

After reading the last few pages? Is this the Monsters DHS addition?
1727364605555.png

Brer Panther

Matthew Lillard is the only live action face who tried. Does not really belong there.
Yeah, and he still sucks.
And I think with everyone else on that list doing their own voice and for tje most part, typical Schick, not a character at all means we don't want it to continue.
I bring those up because I see, for example, the DuckTales reboot voices get nothing but praise even though the celebrities aren't making any effort to sound like the originals. Where's all the complaints about THEM?
Those characters look how Matt V. Sounds.
Oh, come on, that's just being mean.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Attempting to get on topic again... Has anyone else noticed that the 1 2 3 dollar menu at Mcdonalds doesnt have anything that is, in fact, 1 dollar?

That is how disappointed I would feel if Monsters Inc replaced muppets. (Close enough right?)

MaxW

Attempting to get on topic again... Has anyone else noticed that the 1 2 3 dollar menu at Mcdonalds doesnt have anything that is, in fact, 1 dollar?

That is how disappointed I would feel if Monsters Inc replaced muppets. (Close enough right?)
not on topic but it needs to be said lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom