News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

LSLS

Even if Monsters does go to AC, isn't that really just (at best) buying time for Muppets and nothing more? I mean, doesn't Muppets eventually need to close for DHS to continue to grow? I mean, you can replace AC with a new land and I believe there is a pad in GE for a new attraction, but after that, if you're not touching Muppets, where do you build?!? The most logical place would be the Olaf lot and adjacent cast parking, but the easiest access to that would be redeveloping the Muppets/Grand Ave area... right?
It does, and that will be sad. But expensing it in a park that needs more stuff before you need to makes me mad, not sad. If that is where Monsters needs to go, then don't do Monsters yet.

Casper Gutman

Even if Monsters does go to AC, isn't that really just (at best) buying time for Muppets and nothing more? I mean, doesn't Muppets eventually need to close for DHS to continue to grow? I mean, you can replace AC with a new land and I believe there is a pad in GE for a new attraction, but after that, if you're not touching Muppets, where do you build?!? The most logical place would be the Olaf lot and adjacent cast parking, but the easiest access to that would be redeveloping the Muppets/Grand Ave area... right?
There’s a considerable amount of room for expansion at MGM -at the rate Disney builds, enough to comfortably last for decades. That isn’t even considering the immense waste of space that is Toy Story Land or the embarrassingly outdated attractions like B&B. Fantasmic, Indy, and the entire underutilized Sounds Dangerous/ Frozen Sing-a-long structure should be on the chopping block long before Muppets.

MGM essentially has five attractions/areas that shouldn’t be touched for the time being - SWL, MMRR, TZTT, Hollywood Blvd, and Muppets. Star Tours could arguably be added as well. That’s it.

Sneaky

It does, and that will be sad. But expensing it in a park that needs more stuff before you need to makes me mad, not sad. If that is where Monsters needs to go, then don't do Monsters yet.
That’s why I am such a proponent of a new muppets attraction. The muppets as a franchise are so adaptable to anything, so they could be dropped in any new situation and thrive with a good enough team. Yes, muppetvision 3.D. Will close eventually. it’s a shame, even if it will have had a good long life. But it shouldn’t be the end of muppets at wdw.

Casper Gutman

Woah woah woah woah woah. Slow down there partner. I wouldn’t go that far. Fantasmic is the goat, even at wdw. It should NEVER close, unless something better can replace it, which I doubt it.
Fantasmic is a very weak imitation of the spectacular DL original. The show was lackluster when it opened and its long past its sell-by date. It’s also a big plot of land that goes unused for most of the day.

Casper Gutman

That’s why I am such a proponent of a new muppets attraction. The muppets as a franchise are so adaptable to anything, so they could be dropped in any new situation and thrive with a good enough team. Yes, muppetvision 3.D. Will close eventually. it’s a shame, even if it will have had a good long life. But it shouldn’t be the end of muppets at wdw.
This just isn’t realistic. Muppets will absolutely not get a significant new attraction under current management or any management team that will replace them in the forseeable future. When Muppetvision is done, the Muppets at a Disney theme park are done. Folks need to concentrate on keeping Muppetvision.

Sneaky

Fantasmic is a very weak imitation of the spectacular DL original. The show was lackluster when it opened and its long past its sell-by date. It’s also a big plot of land that goes unused for most of the day.
It just got a big update that has it looking better than ever. Yes there is no big animatronic dragon, but it still is an incredible show that packs the house and brings something unique to the table for dhs. I garuntee that if you got a modern replacement from Disney, you’d be begging for Fantasmic to return (not saying it would be bad hypothetically)

Sneaky

Oh believe me, I would love muppets to run forever, I think it could even, it just it’s placement in grand avenue that kills it. If it was, say, where BATB is or something, it would probably be fine right now.
This just isn’t realistic. Muppets will absolutely not get a significant new attraction under current management or any management team that will replace them in the forseeable future. When Muppetvision is done, the Muppets at a Disney theme park are done. Folks need to concentrate on keeping Muppetvision.

Casper Gutman

It just got a big update that has it looking better than ever. Yes there is no big animatronic dragon, but it still is an incredible show that packs the house and brings something unique to the table for dhs. I garuntee that if you got a modern replacement from Disney, you’d be begging for Fantasmic to return (not saying it would be bad hypothetically)
I watch Fantasmic at DL every chance I get. I saw the MGM version once 25 years ago and that was enough. It could close today and I wouldn’t care.

It’s not particularly hard to pack a show that runs once or twice a day, especially when it’s a theme parks primary nighttime entertainment offering.

Sneaky

I watch Fantasmic at DL every chance I get. I saw the MGM version once 25 years ago and that was enough. It could close today and I wouldn’t care.

It’s not particularly hard to pack a show that runs once or twice a day, especially when it’s a theme parks primary nighttime entertainment offering.
well, what replaces it as the nighttime show? Fireworks again? And plus, no replacement would be on this scale under modern Disney.

EricsBiscuit

The DL version is inferior in every way. You have to see the updated show at DHS. It’s the best version of Fantasmic.

mattpeto

With those kind of metrics, Enchantment and Epcot Forever should be playing too. Of course all nighttime shows will draw a crowd.

F! at DHS is an excellent show. And you get to sit.

ednamodedarling

Apologies but respectfully the DL Fantasmic kind of blows ... especially now with the lackluster finale, no dragon, no flying carpet, no witch cauldron, the re-recorded score ... all the while sitting on the concrete walking path falling over each other to get a somewhat okay view.

The idea of it taking place on the island is charming. But the logistics of it are always a nightmare. I avoid the show at all costs when I am visiting the DL resort.

WDW Fantasmic takes the crown IMO. May it run forever.

FigmentFan82

Apologies but respectfully the DL Fantasmic kind of blows ... especially now with the lackluster finale, no dragon, no flying carpet, no witch cauldron, the re-recorded score ... all the while sitting on the concrete walking path falling over each other to get a somewhat okay view.

The idea of it taking place on the island is charming. But the logistics of it are always a nightmare. I avoid the show at all costs when I am visiting the DL resort.

this is the correct answer

EricsBiscuit

So wrong it borders on clear sarcasm (which I really don’t think it’s trying to do).
See the quoted post above. Didn’t have the time to explain lol

Sneaky

The mountain stage is incredible. Mickey standing on top of it at the end commanding the water is unmatched.

Tbh wdw fantasmic as it is today with a Murphy style dragon would be untouchable. Of course wdw management is too cheap for that. Unless there is physical issues that are in the way that i don’t know about.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom