News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Schmidt

It is a great balance of a land, comic book and thrill, like or not.
Which has come full circle now that we look past what the MCU phases and Disney even hits with Xmen 97 and other ventures.

It is all still better than anything Disney has done with the property.

It is not going anywhere soon.
Totally agree. Universal has no reason to give it up. I hope that section. Of IOA gets a facade overhaul though. It is getting a little worn down and long in the tooth for me.

celluloid

Totally agree. Universal has no reason to give it up. I hope that section. Of IOA gets a facade overhaul though. It is getting a little worn down and long in the tooth for me
A refresh is always good, but with animated hits from Sony with Spiderverse and Disney Plus's Xmen 97 being the most watched Marvel series ever produced, and that expanding, don't count on it.
It is IOA's Tomorrowland.

Last edited:

Moth

The only way Universal removes Marvel is if they get a killer app-tier IP that can easily replace it.

Pokémon would be that IP but that's reportedly going to Simpsons.

Honestly, if you are a fan of EPCOT or DHS, please pray Disney is never allowed to use Marvel in Florida. I see things going south for those two parks if the floodgates open.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Simpsons and Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit going away for Pokemon and a new themed coaster where Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit for USF. There also rumors of a Ghostbusters special effects show in USF with a possibility of a Fast & Furious: Superchanged replacement coming in that park also. There also is Zelda land replacing Lost Continent in IOA sometime in the 2025 to 2035 time range.
Isn't all this replacement and retheme what Disney fans moan about with WDW? "Don't replace, add!!"

Why isn't Uni building in the spots with nothing happening first?

Is this another way Uni is catching up to WDW? ;)

Quietmouse

The only way Universal removes Marvel is if they get a killer app-tier IP that can easily replace it.

Honestly, if you are a fan of EPCOT or DHS, please pray Disney is never allowed to use Marvel in Florida. I see things going south for those two parks if the floodgates open.

I agree.

No matter what I do I can’t get into marvel. I like dc a lot, but marvel is just way to comic booky and I equally feel that’s it really difficult to make a great attraction with the ip.

The dca campus just looks less than inspired in my opinion.

wdwfan4ver

Isn't all this replacement and retheme what Disney fans moan about with WDW? "Don't replace, add!!"

Universal has no choice for replacing Simpsons due to contract ending.

Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit needs to be replaced due quality of coaster and lawsuit.

Fast & Furious: Superchanged needs to go due to it being the worst current ride in a major theme park in Florida. When people from Universal Creative regrets creating a ride, that speaks volumes on how bad Fast & Furious: Superchanged is. Also USF really can't improve much without Fast & Furious: Superchanged going away due to quality of the ride being so pathetic.

Rosso11

Take it with a big grain of salt. I was told that Universal IS looking to move off Superhero Island. I have questioned the source in the past and the source's track record is mixed.
If it is going to happen this would be the optimal time with active negotiations right now between Disney and Comcast over Hulu. I would not be surprised if this enters the conversation and becomes a bargaining chip. Stranger things have happened. Look at how Disney got the rights to Oswald back.

Sneaky

My big fear is muppets gets Spider-Man web slingers treatment like what happened to “it’s tough to be a bug” at dca

UNCgolf

Universal's replacements have been a problem -- it's part of the reason USF has a much worse attraction lineup now than it did 25-30 years ago -- but it's a bad comparison for many reasons.

celluloid

Universal is not 22 square miles of property and features a smaller budget...and are still adding a entirely new theme park and resort area. Subjectively aside, the Universal Orlando resort has net gained attraction real estate in the last fifteen years as well as replaced.

And another theme park venue in Texas being built too.

So they are doing both.

Last edited:

Surferboy567

This could mean absolutely nothing. I saw on the Twitter that a YouTube channel had a bunch of Disney Animators on a podcast and they mentioned this project.

They mention it at 46:40. I’m not sure how they’d know this but they seem to think they are tearing down the old animation building. Again, this is FAR from a reliable or even good source but I’d thought I’d say something.

Schmidt

Universal is not 22 square miles of property and features a smaller budget...and are still adding a entirely new theme park and resort area. Subjectively aside, the Universal Orlando resort has net gained attraction real estate in the last fifteen years as well as replaced.

And another theme park venue in Texas being built too.

So they are doing both.
Why are we counting attractions or net gains like that is a bar of success? A spinner being replaced with massive attractions are not the same thing. I think doing a little critical thinking here would go along way with this topic. Capacity, scope, and quality of ride should be what we are really talking about, not ride count.

It’s like opening up gifts on Christmas morning. Do you want 15 pairs of socks, or a PlayStation?

wannabeBelle

And there was sadness
1000009274.jpg

celluloid

Why are we counting attractions or net gains like that is a bar of success? A spinner being replaced with massive attractions are not the same thing. I think doing a little critical thinking here would go along way with this topic. Capacity, scope, and quality of ride should be what we are really talking about, not ride count.

It’s like opening up gifts on Christmas morning. Do you want 15 pairs of socks, or a PlayStation?

Agreed. But where has something like that happened?

Fast and fallon are bombs, but are either being fixed and replaced WHILE expansion is happening and has been happening for fifteen years.
Quality will always be a bit subjective even though there are definite attractions that do not please enough.
I dislike Rockit from a theme perspective, but for most people, it is not "socks." It has been a thrill ride that served many a major thrill ride's life expectancy even with its outrageous cost of issues and legal problems.
If you want to do that Christmas Day analogy:
We got socks in the stockings, but we are also getting a Next GEN PlayStation bundle (EPIC)

Same family member is getting our cousins in Texas are also getting a PlayStation, even if not a bundle (kid focused smaller park)

Even if we don't love all the socks (Fallon and Fast)

Universal has been more successful at this in the last fifteen years.

Even with the meh ride replacements.

There were additions that were dirt or nothing before.
There are not many examples of that other than Tron and Rat after stagnation with WDW's 22 square miles and far more resources including budget.

If you are truly fine and genuine with throwing out that barometer completely (there is a balance in all things though) where ride or attraction count does is no matter and quality, and scope is most important...

then EPIC will be certainly superior to any of WDW's parks right now WHILE being an entire addition.

You also admit that is a focus if Universal is planning to replace Fast and Rockit in the near future. They could just leave the ride count.

Would you say EPCOT's overhaul or lack there were worth the drought and quality and scope? How about Tron where nothing happened for over a decade in that land minus shuttering an attraction? Critical thinking going a long way here indeed.

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

The last I heard, about a week ago, was that a site decision had still not been made.
I take this as a good sign. It says to me there are still folks on the inside fighting to keep the muppets.

It’s too bad TWDC doesn’t have a leader that would simply say, “stay away from the Muppets. If we are not going to literally expand the park and we must destroy and replace, find a space that is under used like the launch bay, to put a new attraction.”

Alas, there is no leadership at TWDC.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom