EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
"Well, it's temporarily closed. Whattya say about that?"

"I say, it should be permanent!"

"Do hohohoho!"
muppets-statler-and-waldorf.gif

Surferboy567

The last I heard, about a week ago, was that a site decision had still not been made.
While I’m happy this at least gives Muppets a fighting chance, this scares me that if they don’t have a site decided on then how are they gonna decide what’s in the land? How it’s configured? Wouldn’t you make those decisions in planning?

Really hope it’s not a “flex” land that you could just drop anywhere. This project has so much possibility I don’t want them to mess this up.

Schmidt

Agreed. But where has something like that happened?

Fast and fallon are bombs, but are either being fixed and replaced WHILE expansion is happening and has been happening for fifteen years.
Quality will always be a bit subjective even though there are definite attractions that do not please enough.
I dislike Rockit from a theme perspective, but for most people, it is not "socks." It has been a thrill ride that served many a major thrill ride's life expectancy even with its outrageous cost of issues and legal problems.
If you want to do that Christmas Day analogy:
We got socks in the stockings, but we are also getting a Next GEN PlayStation bundle (EPIC)

Same family member is getting our cousins in Texas are also getting a PlayStation, even if not a bundle (kid focused smaller park)

Even if we don't love all the socks (Fallon and Fast)

Universal has been more successful at this in the last fifteen years.

Even with the meh ride replacements.

There were additions that were dirt or nothing before.
There are not many examples of that other than Tron and Rat after stagnation with WDW's 22 square miles and far more resources including budget.

If you are truly fine and genuine with throwing out that barometer completely. (there is a balance in all things though) where ride or attraction count does is no matter and quality, and scope is most important...

then EPIC will be certainly superior to any of WDW's parks right now WHILE being an entire addition.

You also admit that is a focus if Universal is planning to replace Fast and Rockit in the near future. They could just leave the ride count.

Would you say EPCOT's overhaul or lack there were worth the drought and quality and scope? How about Tron where nothing happened for over a decade in that land minus shuttering an attraction? Critical thinking going a long way here indeed.
You are clearly the Universal version of a pixie duster. Your arguments are biased, lack critical thinking and quite frankly tell the story you want to tell. You seem too willing to give Universal a pass on almost anything and anything they do well, you inflate. Just saying a little open mindedness may make for a better conversation on your part.

Schmidt

Agreed. But where has something like that happened?

Fast and fallon are bombs, but are either being fixed and replaced WHILE expansion is happening and has been happening for fifteen years.
Quality will always be a bit subjective even though there are definite attractions that do not please enough.
I dislike Rockit from a theme perspective, but for most people, it is not "socks." It has been a thrill ride that served many a major thrill ride's life expectancy even with its outrageous cost of issues and legal problems.
If you want to do that Christmas Day analogy:
We got socks in the stockings, but we are also getting a Next GEN PlayStation bundle (EPIC)

Same family member is getting our cousins in Texas are also getting a PlayStation, even if not a bundle (kid focused smaller park)

Even if we don't love all the socks (Fallon and Fast)

Universal has been more successful at this in the last fifteen years.

Even with the meh ride replacements.

There were additions that were dirt or nothing before.
There are not many examples of that other than Tron and Rat after stagnation with WDW's 22 square miles and far more resources including budget.

If you are truly fine and genuine with throwing out that barometer completely. (there is a balance in all things though) where ride or attraction count does is no matter and quality, and scope is most important...

then EPIC will be certainly superior to any of WDW's parks right now WHILE being an entire addition.

You also admit that is a focus if Universal is planning to replace Fast and Rockit in the near future. They could just leave the ride count.

Would you say EPCOT's overhaul or lack there were worth the drought and quality and scope? How about Tron where nothing happened for over a decade in that land minus shuttering an attraction? Critical thinking going a long way here indeed.
Mostly nonsense and dribble. I couldn’t even begin to get through this.

Last edited:

celluloid

Mostly nonsense and dribble. I couldn’t even begin to get through this.
So much so you read it, responded and then quoted again in a post of yours with this insult? I called two of Universal's attractions bombs in the post you quoted twice and a third attraction that had major issues and I don't like, but somehow you could could not read once. A piece of advice, don't quote someone twice for emphasis and insult them with claims if you did not even read what was said either time. It is a hard life, but you will make it.

Last edited:

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Unpopular opinion? IOA losing The Amazing Adventurs of Spiderman so Disney can have Marvel would be a bigger loss than Disney losing RoA and Muppet Vision combined... If Disney ever gets the rights to Marvel in Orlando (with the assumption that IOA would lose it and they wouldn't somehow coexist), the best thing WDW could do with the new IP (IMHO) would be to offer to also take/move Spiderman (I'd accept if they wanted to somehow include minor upgrades to make it Tom Hollands Spiderman).

Schmidt

So much so you read it, responded and then quoted again in a post of yours with this insult? I called two of Universal's attractions bombs in the post you quoted twice and a third attraction that had major issues and I don't like, but somehow you could could not read once. A piece of advice, don't quote someone twice for emphasis and insult them with claims if you did not even read what was said either time. It is a hard life, but you will make it.
I read both of your posts not sure I comprehended all of it. My initial response is just as valid if not more so.

Be well.

Last edited:

celluloid

I read both of your posts not sure I comprehended all of it. My initial response is just as valid if not more so.

Be well.

It was the same post, you just quoted it twice. So which is it, you read that I critiqued Universal in that post, or am I a pixie duster for Uni?

Back up such claims please or cease. Just because you don't understand something does not mean you insult the person stating it.

I don't even mind an insult or a jab, but thanks for the be well, because another unfounded claim-based insult and it becomes the kind of thing that needs to be reported.

Last edited:

celluloid

Unpopular opinion? IOA losing The Amazing Adventurs of Spiderman so Disney can have Marvel would be a bigger loss than Disney losing RoA and Muppet Vision combined... If Disney ever gets the rights to Marvel in Orlando (with the assumption that IOA would lose it and they wouldn't somehow coexist), the best thing WDW could do with the new IP (IMHO) would be to offer to also take/move Spiderman (I'd accept if they wanted to somehow include minor upgrades to make it Tom Hollands Spiderman).

This is evident with the attraction they are producing to try and uplift Avenger's Campus follies is a Thanos ride that is based on the Spiderman like method that they are still chasing over two decades and getting Scott Trowbridge later.(as seen with Peter Pan themed attraction that recently opened in Tokyo Disney Sea)

And while it does not seem like it now, Tom Holland's Spiderman time will fade, and the character like Bond and Spidey before, will be reinvented. More Miles, more different Peters etc...

Not to say Holland's is forgettable, or that any future will be as big as the MCU in our lifetime, but it could, and it does not have to be. It will just be the next one and active in vogue.
The comic book toon style actually works for this one.

Last edited:

Schmidt

How many spinners were replaced with “massive attractions”?
Here are 2 examples of capacity gains. Although we are either loosing attraction count or 1 for 1 swaps, we are still gaining capacity and quality attractions.

Car/Villains replacing -TSI/ ferry. Not arguing that this is a good place but it does increase capacity and are E level type additions.

Encanto/ Indiana/ Carousel replacing Dinosaur/spinner/playground/ mouse coaster. This is a capacity boost and a major improvement to quality of rides in that area.

Twirlnhurl

But universal is literally giving Disney money & free advertising by keeping it. lol. It makes even less sense for them to keep super hero island in the long term when it isn't their own property. (I.E - Simpsons going away.) I understand it is under different circumstances than simpsons land. But even if they have the rights in perpetuity. Why would they continue to advertise disney properties in their parks. When instead they could use the space for their own IP.

Universal pays Disney a percentage of the merchant sales and some other things, sure. But they also get to keep a fair bit of profits themselves. I mean, this isn't a race to see who is in top. It is a buisness, whose job is to make money. If your business plan requires you to pay some other people, so be it.

But far more importantly, Universal doesn't have very many IPs with any value in theme parks. Most of Universal's library is B movies, character dramas, and other stuff that doesn't work in theme parks. Universal's top grossing movies at the box office that are not a part of franchises already in the parks include Oppenheimer, Mama Mia, Fifty Shades of Grey, Ted, and Meet the Fockers. Movies and theme parks are different art forms, and different IPs are more suitable to one than the other. For instance, Tron is an IP better suited to theme parks than movies, but The Tonight Show is better suited to TV than a theme park.

I love the Muppets, and I think Rivers of America / Tom Sawyer's Island are charming. But I agree completely.

To get back on topic, I was thinking the model kind of looks like the train may lift vertically out of the station, like how the doors leave the scare floor in the movie.

celluloid

How many spinners were replaced with “massive attractions”?

Don't expect actual answers of anything that has happened to that extreme before. with the way it was posted Just the one time it is in the works.(sort of) It will also shift to one set that is going to finally happen rather than the last trend of decades in comparison.

If one points out Diagon Alley, which I personally prefered Jaws and, well, Gringotts has a lot of things fall short in pacing and design, it is in fact a developed environment and quality increase that also has a transportation ride nearby in London as part of its expansion. But if you say that did things well as replacing things, you will get accused of a narrative, even though even me as a huge Jaws Ride fan, objectively, as a whole, Diagon has done more good and most find it better quality.

To get back on topic, I was thinking the model kind of looks like the train may lift vertically out of the station, like how the doors leave the scare floor in the movie.

That is 99 percent sure of what is going to happen. For both efficiency, space because that requires a large space, dual loading platforms as one train counterweight track is on its way back down to reload, and it provides a nice what is about to happen to not startle anyone while providing context.

Last edited:

Indy_UK

My biggest fear is ToT and RnRC become Avengers Campus.

This is what my long term belief is. Get the Marvel rights one day and you have 2 easy re-skins (ToT to maybe become the Spider-Man ride they are doing in one of the Asian parks) and still have a ton of space to build the land out and add new attractions.

I can’t see anywhere else where a significant Marvel land would go without them doing a 5th park

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom