News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

RSoxNo1

I personally think it’s a matter of time before universal gives in. It’s a LONG time away, but I don’t see them holding out MHSI forever.

There's just no reason for them to ever give it up. It costs them almost nothing, and they prevent a competitor from being able to use the IP.

If they do give it up any time in the foreseeable future, it'll likely be because Marvel is no longer considered a major draw to the point where Disney probably wouldn't want to use it anyways.
Take it with a big grain of salt. I was told that Universal IS looking to move off Superhero Island. I have questioned the source in the past and the source's track record is mixed.

Rich Brownn

Take it with a big grain of salt. I was told that Universal IS looking to move off Superhero Island. I have questioned the source in the past and the source's track record is mixed.
There its no way they are giving up one of the most recognized brands and rides in the world, for which they pay very little. Marvel was bankrupt at the time and wanted to desperately keep DC out of the park

RSoxNo1

There its no way they are giving up one of the most recognized brands and rides in the world, for which they pay very little. Marvel was bankrupt at the time and wanted to desperately keep DC out of the park
That's my perspective as well, just passing along information I was given.

With that being said, how much of an attendance and profit driver is Marvel for Universal? They can't change anything of substance so I imagine the debate is how much autonomy do they want vs. do they want to hand it back to Disney?

wdwfan4ver

I have a hard time to believe that due to multiple reasons starting with with the DC contract with 6 flags is not supposed end till 2053 unless the information on the Internet is wrong, or there is stuff in that contract that I'm not aware of.

The 2nd thing starts with how much construction does Universal wants to do in the next 10 years for USO starting in 2025. I think it going to be mostly Epic Universe phase 2 and USF for construction in Florida theme parks for Universal.

I heard rumors on youtube about phase 2 for Epic Universe from Alicia Stella from Theme park stop. There are at least 3 rumored things for phase 2 for Epic Universe. I said 3 because 2 dining places for Celestial Park opening sometime after Epic opens is basically a fact due to the construction time frame started on those 2 Dining places. The 3 rumored things in Phase two I'm referring to Special event stage for Celestial Park, Potter Dining location, and Luigi's Mansion.

Simpsons and Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit going away for Pokemon and a new themed coaster where Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit for USF. There also rumors of a Ghostbusters special effects show in USF with a possibility of a Fast & Furious: Superchanged replacement coming in that park also. There also is Zelda land replacing Lost Continent in IOA sometime in the 2025 to 2035 time range.

Last edited:

celluloid

I have a hard time to believe that due to multiple reasons starting with with the DC contract with 6 flags is not supposed end till 2053 unless the information on the Internet is wrong, or there is stuff in that contract that I'm not aware of.

The 2nd thing starts with how much construction does Universal wants to do in the next 10 years for USO starting in 2025. I think it going to be mostly Epic Universe phase 2 and USF for construction in Florida theme parks for Universal.

I heard rumors on youtube about phase 2 for Epic Universe from Alicia Stella from Theme park stop. There are at least 3 rumored things for phase 2 for Epic Universe. I said 3 because 2 dining places for Celestial Park opening sometime after Epic opens is basically a fact due to the construction time frame started on those 2 Dining places. The 3 rumored things in Phase two I'm referring to Special event stage for Celestial Park, Potter Dining location, and Luigi's Mansion.

Simpsons and Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit going away for Pokemon and a new themed coaster where Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit for USF. There also rumors of a Ghostbusters special effects show in USF with a possibility of a Fast & Furious: Superchanged replacement coming in that park also. There also is Zelda land replacing Lost Continent in IOA sometime in the 2025 to 2035 time range.
All close, BTW where sghostbusters was said to be going sooner may surprise some.

Rich Brownn

That's my perspective as well, just passing along information I was given.

With that being said, how much of an attendance and profit driver is Marvel for Universal? They can't change anything of substance so I imagine the debate is how much autonomy do they want vs. do they want to hand it back to Disney?
They can anyone in IOA in comic book form in the X family and Avengers family. Judging from the lines for Hulk and SpiderMan (which is still regarded as one of the best dark rides on the planet) they're still popular. Long after the MCU has swiped out actors the comic book versions will remain

Rich Brownn

Celestial park will open with Epic (since it connects all the lands it'd be like opening Disney without Main Street). There are a few restaurants that will open later (probably late 2025 or early 2026)

ednamodedarling

But universal is literally giving Disney money & free advertising by keeping it. lol. It makes even less sense for them to keep super hero island in the long term when it isn't their own property. (I.E - Simpsons going away.) I understand it is under different circumstances than simpsons land. But even if they have the rights in perpetuity. Why would they continue to advertise disney properties in their parks. When instead they could use the space for their own IP.

James Alucobond

But universal is literally giving Disney money & free advertising by keeping it. lol. It makes even less sense for them to keep super hero island in the long term when it isn't their own property. (I.E - Simpsons going away.) I understand it is under different circumstances than simpsons land. But even if they have the rights in perpetuity. Why would they continue to advertise disney properties in their parks. When instead they could use the space for their own IP.
They don't care if they wholly own the IP and never have. Look at the Nintendo presence in their parks, for instance.

celluloid

It makes Universal a lot of money, and more than ever on the property that already did.
Makes perfect sense to keep it.

By the time Universal sees fit to give it up, it won't be worth theme park lands.

Universal's Marvel take wound up more timeless and encompassing than anything Disney has done yet.

Nothing of their own IP right now would do as well as MSHI.

It features all time greats in IP and theme park design.

Schmidt

It makes Universal a lot of money, and more than ever on the property that already did.
Makes perfect sense to keep it.

By the time Universal sees fit to give it up, it won't be worth theme park lands.

Universal's Marvel take wound up more timeless and encompassing than anything Disney has done yet.

Nothing of their own IP right now would do as well as MSHI.

It features all time greats in IP and theme park design.
Universals Marvels theme park land is outdated, and quite frankly cheap looking. I wouldn’t say it compares to anything Disney has done.

Now, Spider-Man is a great ride and would agree that Disney so far has not done a great job with the Marvel Properties at DL
Hulk is a fine coaster. Thematically it’s nothing special though.

lazyboy97o

You do realize that most of Islands of Adventure is properties that Universal doesn’t own, right? That two of the lands at Epic Universe aren’t owned by Universal? That they intend for Wizarding World and Nintendo to be in all three Universal Orlando Resort theme parks?

celluloid

Universals Marvels theme park land is outdated, and quite frankly cheap looking. I wouldn’t say it compares to anything Disney has done.

Now, Spider-Man is a great ride and would agree that Disney so far has not done a great job with the Marvel Properties at DL
Hulk is a fine coaster. Thematically it’s nothing special though.
It is a great balance of a land, comic book and thrill, like or not.
Which has come full circle now that we look past what the MCU phases and Disney even hits with Xmen 97 and other ventures.

It is all still better than anything Disney has done with the property.

It is not going anywhere soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom