News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Sneaky

Wasnt that muppets HOP redo canned? Was never greenlit, but I’m sure it was a thing with how many trusted people talked about it. I can def seeing the plan as originally envisioned being announce monsters going in muppets, and then the HOP redo. I’m sure it’s all in the air rn with the elections changing and backlash from MV3D potentially closing.

Tha Realest

The MuppetVision is closing but we’ll soften the blow by converting HOP thing feels off to me.

If the Muppets (as owned and stewarded by Disney) were popular enough to justify the costs involved in converting HOP, we wouldn’t be having this discussion as MV wouldn’t be on the chopping block and it’s shop long closed.

Now, it’s possible one justification for converting HOP is to remove the supposed divisiveness of the pavilion, and Muppets are anodyne enough to do that. I don’t know new AAs of Muppets* would be any more expensive than the development and maintenance of all the human figures.

* I guess they could have a few AAs and make the rest of the attraction screen based

Sneaky

The MuppetVision is closing but we’ll soften the blow by converting HOP thing feels off to me.

If the Muppets (as owned and stewarded by Disney) were popular enough to justify the costs involved in converting HOP, we wouldn’t be having this discussion as MV wouldn’t be on the chopping block and it’s shop long closed.

Now, it’s possible one justification for converting HOP is to remove the supposed divisiveness of the pavilion, and Muppets are anodyne enough to do that. I don’t know new AAs of Muppets* would be any more expensive than the development and maintenance of all the human figures.

* I guess they could have a few AAs and make the rest of the attraction screen based
IMO, location is muppets problem, not the ip or show itself. Sure the age and LL lack may have a part in it, but it still is well attended and gets good GSATS. It’s real issue is that it’s smack dab in the middle of grand avenue, a leftover, kind of bland area with underperforming restaurants, little space, and has been woefully in need of some kind of update. If it was in, say, echo lake, or on sunset boulevard, it’d be fine. But because its in Grand, its kinda stuck.

As for HOP, i say screen based. It also would add ip to a place it wasnt before, and update a massive theatre that is underperforming and not connecting with guests for a long time, which Disney has been aware of for years. (Iago’s “going to the hall of presidents for a nap” comment was from 1998!)

Last edited:
Disney is stalling the official announcement of where Monsters will go this could be for a number of reasons:
They are still fighting internally on this 🤞
They are going to use the AC and and is holding on this good news to announce it when its in their best interest. 🤞
The have planned to destroy Muppets and is waiting for a busy news day to sneak the announcement out 👎
This is like the rumours of the Nintendo Switch 2 being delayed when Nintendo hadn't announced when they were releasing it.

When did they say we should expect news of where they'd build it this year even? It's only stalled if you think the timeline we've invented here is the one Disney are using, which clearly it isn't.

The only indication we have of uncertainty within Disney is the rush of conflicting information we got from insiders which still wouldn't mean anything as we were shown two conflicting concepts so nothing from Disney has suggested a specific location at the time of announcement nor a timeline for construction to begin.

Just chill, wait for the news, react to it then...

Disstevefan1

This is like the rumours of the Nintendo Switch 2 being delayed when Nintendo hadn't announced when they were releasing it.

When did they say we should expect news of where they'd build it this year even? It's only stalled if you think the timeline we've invented here is the one Disney are using, which clearly it isn't.

The only indication we have of uncertainty within Disney is the rush of conflicting information we got from insiders which still wouldn't mean anything as we were shown two conflicting concepts so nothing from Disney has suggested a specific location at the time of announcement nor a timeline for construction to begin.

Just chill, wait for the news, react to it then...
To be honest I cant remember what Josh said about the timeline of this at D23 (not that anything that was said there matters anyway as it can change).

But you're right. Maybe they wont destroy Muppets and I am worried over nothing.

Bocabear

The only thing that could even be considered divisive would the the current president's speach portion....which they could easily cut and maintain the rest of the show ending with the presidential Roll Call... It is a beautiful and inspiring attraction...One I sincerely hope they will not add the Muppets to... And I like the Muppets... Just as I would prefer Snow White not be added to the Tower Of Terror, or Donald Duck to Spaceship Earth.

ToTBellHop

Disney is stalling the official announcement of where Monsters will go this could be for a number of reasons:
They are still fighting internally on this 🤞
They are going to use the AC and and is holding on this good news to announce it when its in their best interest. 🤞
The have planned to destroy Muppets and is waiting for a busy news day to sneak the announcement out 👎
9 pm Election Night? lol…

TrainsOfDisney

Back to Monsters…. I really wish we could have had the pre-Iger expansion plan for DHS. Monsters right next to the old Midway Mania entrance in the Pixar Studios area would have been really fun.

Rise next to Star Tours with Indiana Jones making a “Lucas Studios” area.

A muppet dark ride and an area for live muppet performances and interactions.

So much potential!!!

lazyboy97o

My only thought: what if Monsters can utilize a smaller footprint but say Zootopia cannot and that is why they are saving AC. I do not want to lose Muppets but would appreciate two new expansions over one.
Or they could do better with their planning. Disney’s Hollywood Studios is home to two of the largest lands and both are lacking in content. Toy Story Land is so poorly designed it had to be expanded to add needed dining space.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom