News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

wannabeBelle

I know of at least one facility that Disney uses for off stage employees that is located on the upper part of I4 in an industrial park type of location, no where close to the parks. There is no reason to keep backstage cast members onsite and if anything I would argue that it makes more sense to remove them from the areas around the parks unless they have to be there. Easier commuting, parking, etc. Marie

Last edited:

Magenta Panther

Still team Animation Courtyard.

Today's announcement could be strategic. Monsters was slated for Animation, then was shifted to Muppets with Mermaid coming to Animation. Now with the backlash of Muppets closing, Animation is back as the location, but that leaves Mermaid in an awkward spot. So they create a new show as something to draw attention to canceling Mermaid to then be able to announce Monsters location in Animation.
Why on earth would they cancel Mermaid?

Bocabear

I know of at least one facility that Disney uses for off stage employees that is located on the upper part of I4 in an industrial park type of location, no where close to the parks. There is no reason to keep backstage cast members onsite and if anything I would argue that it makes more sense to remove them from the areas around the parks unless they have to be there. Easier commuting, parking, etc. Marie
Galactic Starcruiser Halcyon is just sitting there empty.... Just Sayin'....

Cmdr_Crimson

Not sure if that's including the door lift section or just the track. Remember, the ride vehicle is supposed to be lifted vertically to the track like the doors in the film, which should add to the ride time
There was a coaster themed to Scooby-Doo doo at Kings Island that had the elevated lift..

And it looks like it's that same tech..
Monsters-Inc.-Land_Full_57208.jpg

castlecake2.0

Still team Animation Courtyard.

Today's announcement could be strategic. Monsters was slated for Animation, then was shifted to Muppets with Mermaid coming to Animation. Now with the backlash of Muppets closing, Animation is back as the location, but that leaves Mermaid in an awkward spot. So they create a new show as something to draw attention to canceling Mermaid to then be able to announce Monsters location in Animation.
Mermaid is not being cancelled

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom