News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

ToTBellHop

Instead of removing Animation Courtyard completely, Launch Bay would be removed and act as the entrance to the new land located behind Launch Bay (where the offices are now).
Little Mermaid is going anywhere for a while as they've invested in a new show (We had new concept art for the costumes released at D23 so it hasn't actually gone quiet), but they could always reroute the exit as you enter on what was Mickey Avenue.
Disney Junior contains the park's Club 33, so that building will remain in tact. They can either keep Disney Junior downstairs or convert it back to a dining establishment like it was when the park opened
They may be tone-deaf, but they do have an aversion to bad press (as we saw with the Raglan incident), so I can’t imagine why they wouldn’t have announced MV is safe if it is, especially when that dude said his office was moving. Perfect opportunity to announce AC. But, they didn’t. Why would they choose to continue to take heat on this if it wasn’t warranted?

Ayla

I am a new poster who has been following these message boards for years. I love the muppets and also think it is important to keep all family rides at DHS because there are very few attractions for families with Toddlers and Preschool kids at DHS. So I wrote an email to Josh D’Amaro and this is what I received in return….

Thank you for your message to Josh D'Amaro. Your correspondence was shared with me so that I may personally respond to you.

Walt Disney was himself, above all else, an innovator. He believed that, “Disneyland will always be building and growing and adding new things...new ways of having fun, of learning things and sharing many exciting adventures.”
Our Imagineers keep Walt Disney’s spirit alive through the addition of new attractions as well as the updating of many of our classic attractions. Occasionally the removal or reimagining of some of our Guests’ beloved classics is a part of this commitment to ever changing satisfaction. No change to our history is made without careful thought and planning for the future enjoyment of all of our Guests. We understand that our changes can be disappointing when it comes to our Theme Parks but it is our hope that these changes bring about new enthusiasm for all of our Guests.
With so many exciting happenings around our Resort you may wish to follow our Disney Parks Blog for the latest announcements and their progress at http://www.disneyparksblog.com.
Disney Parks Blog
Welcome to the Disney Parks Blog! Discover the stories you know and love — from the locations, attractions, cruise ships, expeditions, products, and so much more.

Warm wishes,

Jessica Grace
Executive Correspondence
Walt Disney World Resort

I was happy they wrote back to me but sadly the email doesn’t give Muppet fans much hope for Muppet Vision.
You got a canned response from a secretary that does nothing to address what you were actually writing about.

ToTBellHop

You got a canned response from a secretary that does nothing to address what you were actually writing about.
Excuse me, but the email starts with “…so I may personally respond to you.” I’m certain D’Amaro gave this email his full attention and personally dictated the response to his secretary inbetween ribbon cuttings for the 14 new lands announced at D23.

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
Excuse me, but the email starts with “…so I may personally respond to you.” I’m certain D’Amaro gave this email his full attention and personally dictated the response to his secretary inbetween ribbon cuttings for the 14 new lands announced at D23.
He meant to give a more nuanced reply, but he got distracted when Boyz II Men started singing in his office for no discernible reason.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The letter was addressed to a person, so... personally!!

ToTBellHop

He meant to give a more nuanced reply, but he got distracted when Boyz II Men started singing in his office for no discernible reason.
Actually, they stop by to help inject some emotion into D’Amaro’s fan mail response.
1724682910684.gif

TheMaxRebo

Instead of removing Animation Courtyard completely, Launch Bay would be removed and act as the entrance to the new land located behind Launch Bay (where the offices are now).
Little Mermaid is going anywhere for a while as they've invested in a new show (We had new concept art for the costumes released at D23 so it hasn't actually gone quiet), but they could always reroute the exit as you enter on what was Mickey Avenue.
Disney Junior contains the park's Club 33, so that building will remain in tact. They can either keep Disney Junior downstairs or convert it back to a dining establishment like it was when the park opened

Could always make that area still Monstropolis and just have it be "doors" that take you to the other places. I think a light retheme of Disney Jr where it is the Monsters hosting and they have "doors" to Doc McStuffins room, etc. could be fun - and still use the laughter to refill the fuel canisters.

Maybe wall off the little mermaid area and have that entrance be more like the side where One Man's Dream is

trainplane3

Well when it was heading into an abandoned soundstage years ago, it sounded good. When it was heading into Animation Courtyard, it still sounded good. Heading into Muppets? Not sounding so good.
Yep. I'm just tired of attraction replacements. I understand DHS is a bit tougher to fit things in but, come on now. I think DHS has actually reverted itself to being a half day park for me over the past few years.

Phicinfan

Well when it was heading into an abandoned soundstage years ago, it sounded good. When it was heading into Animation Courtyard, it still sounded good. Heading into Muppets? Not sounding so good.
Ah the days of replacing unused space instead of just trading out existing attractions....sigh

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Big_Shakalaka

MuppetVision 3D Removed from Extended Evening Hours Amid Monsters, Inc. Land Rumors at Disney's Hollywood Studios
I believe they said during the Monsters Inc announcement that construction wouldn't start until 2025. So, I assumed this area, if used, would still be open until at least January.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom