News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I believe rise of the resistance is also not included in extended evening hours. I don't think this means anything.
The notable point is that Muppets was included in the list for 2023, included in the list released by Disney last week for 2024, and today it was removed.

Rise of the Resistance was not in the original list, nor was it in the event last year.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
The notable point is that Muppets was included in the list for 2023, included in the list released by Disney last week for 2024, and today it was removed.

Rise of the Resistance was not in the original list, nor was it in the event last year.
Yeah but construction on Monsters Inc. Isn't supposed to start until next year. So why would removing it from extended evening hours now make any difference to their decision of closing it next year? Honestly, I think the truth is that Disney themselves doesn't know where this is going.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Yeah but construction on Monsters Inc. Isn't supposed to start until next year. So why would removing it from extended evening hours now make any difference to their decision of closing it next year? Honestly, I think the truth is that Disney themselves doesn't know where this is going.
As I said in the article, it may be unrelated. But timing is certainly very interesting, and it is a notable change.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
You could make the argument that adding ROTR would both (1) cut into LLSP sales; and (2) reduce maintenance time/increase downtime.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Tron is included in extended even hours at Magic Kingdom. Couldn't you make the same argument there?

doctornick

As I said in the article, it may be unrelated. But timing is certainly very interesting, and it is a notable change.

It's at least plausible that they didn't include it because it doesn't get much utilization during the extended hours and thus is an added expense with little benefit. If it weren't included from the start, I would actually lean that way but removing it when it was listed at first is curious and not in a good way.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I think y'all are grasping at straws, I don't think this means anything till we hear office word. Also in the article it says that it's still included in October. This is probably just some kind of scheduling or staffing issue.
Disney has some conflicting info.

On the Muppets page, it is shown as being available in Extended Evening Hours. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/hollywood-studios/muppet-vision-3d/

However, on the Extended Evening Hours page, Muppets was removed today.

I don't think there is any grasping at straws. We are just pointing out that something has happened, and it happens to be related to an attraction that is very much in the spotlight at the moment.

We will see what happens, but I think it warrants being reported.

gerarar

Premium Member
If rise still requires extended maintenance in order to operate daily there are serious issues that need to be addressed.
ROTR can't even open with the rest of the park over at DL majority of days. At least it does with HS.

And it also closes 2ish hours daily every night at DL.

Probably also CM/staffing related imo since it requires a ton of them behind the scenes and on scene. But true, it does need to go down for an extended refurbishment to address the cannons once and for all..

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Door Coaster to replace MuppetVision AND Rise of the Resistance CONFIRMED!

I just knew that Kylo AA was one breakdown away from full removal.
Monsters to MC and then we finally get the much anticipated pigs in space attraction to replace Rise
IMG_0001.jpeg

FutureCEO

I personally believe Gad is worthy of the Legend status, he's incredibly talented in musicals (even if you may find Olaf annoying, he can sing really well), and helped give Disney their biggest cash cow. Plus, he's a big parks and Muppets nerd. He's one of us more than he is some random celebrity. Perhaps they gave it to him too early, but I think he deserves it nonetheless.
If Disney gave Miley Cyrus one, they can give him one.

TrainsOfDisney

Probably also CM/staffing related imo since it requires a ton of them behind the scenes and on scene.
That’s what I always assumed it was at Disneyland when they close 2 hours before park closing.

That’s the problem with imagineers designing such an ambitious attraction- it gets budget cut over the years. I remember when CM’s were a part of the pre show at rock n roller coaster - and when CM’s greeted each safari truck to let the driver know that little red would be reunited! All the little extras.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom