News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

sedati

Instead of focusing on leaders, why not the people? I'd love them to dust off the idea for the "We the People" attraction planned for Disney's America that was going to use the Muppets to teach about immigration.

My only real hope for Liberty Square is that the Haunted Mansion area is fleshed out into a full Legend of Sleepy Hollow land (dust off that dark ride as well) on the way to Villains Land. (preferably with a Nightmare Before Christmas attraction snuck in somewhere as well)

Last edited:

V_L_Raptor

Blaspheme elsewhere blasphemer. I got your Jim Henson's own voice and the teaching of American history right here:

I’m not for moving them to a new park just for that, either, when you get down to it. Wouldn’t it be awesome if Disney had their frogs and pigs in a row enough that having a place for the Muppets wasn’t as worrisome as it is?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The economy is a whirl wind. Don’t be surprised if things get cut. Disney already knows that roa has backlash attached. If the economy hits an official recession, then don’t be surprised if cars land quietly disappears.
The original Carsland was announced in Oct 2007 as part of a multi-year billion + dollar project for DCA. Less than a year later we were neck deep in the Great Recession and most companies were hoarding cash but Disney still broke ground and went forward with the project. I don’t think a recession now will necessarily impact a project like this. They are focused more long term. A slip in attendance due to a blip in the economy will be more likely to result in operations cost cuts and the usual shell games then cutting of longer term plans.

Brer Panther

Muppets Most Wanted was junk in comparison.
Nobody was asking for a movie where the plot is that obnoxious "Character A steals Character B's identity and despite how obvious it is that they're not Character B everybody falls for it" cliche, and nobody was asking for them to turn the Muppets (except Kermit, Walter, and Animal) into hive-minded morons who can't do anything right and exist to make things harder for Kermit. Seeing Nicholas Stoller talk about how stupid Fozzie was in an interview explained so much.
They need to bring Steve back - he’s willing.
I doubt they're going to get Steve back after the smear campaign against him in 2017. I do think Matt Vogel's been doing a good job as Kermit, for what it's worth, but what they did to Steve was certainly the beginning of the slump that the Muppets have been in.
I mostly want Steve back so we can have Rizzo again.
I want Rizzo back too. From my understanding, Bill Baretta doesn't want to recast the character yet because of how close he is to Steve.

But, if Disney's so insistent about not getting Steve back, I've heard a lot of people suggest that Rizzo's new performer should be Bruce Lanoil. I think that would be a great idea.

SpectroMagician

But we were told the project is "shovel ready" and that "dirt was already moving" on all of the projects!

Disney is a shell of its former self. This is a good idea for a ride, and has been for over a decade. They should use Muppet Courtyard, and turn Hall of Presidents into an American History show hosted by the muppets.

Start immediately on both projects.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
But we were told the project is "shovel ready" and that "dirt was already moving" on all of the projects!

Disney is a shell of its former self. This is a good idea for a ride, and has been for over a decade. They should use Muppet Courtyard, and turn Hall of Presidents into an American History show hosted by the muppets.

They never said dirt was already moving on ALL these projects.

doctornick

What a great solution: spend tons of money, don't actually increase capacity or things to do for guests, remove quality attractions that have nostalgia value. Gee, thanks Disney! :rolleyes:

Put Monsters in AC, keep HoP and MuppetVision. Everyone wins. Is that so hard?

Surferboy567

The rumor is from Jim hill and Len testa is that it may be postponed from Friday. The original plan was Friday after the markets closed was when they annouced muppets closing but now it may not be the case anymore. From a podcast recorded last friday
Still though August ends next Sunday. It has to be coming relatively soon at least that’s what @wdwmagic said and I doubt that plan changed.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Still though August ends next Sunday. It has to be coming relatively soon at least that’s what @wdwmagic said and I doubt that plan changed.
That was based on info from immediately following D23, when it was Muppets Courtyard, with an announcement by end of August. Now if the location decision has moved to Animation Courtyard, the announcement plan may also have moved with it. So at this point, I'm unsure.

ToTBellHop

That was based on info from immediately following D23, when it was Muppets Courtyard, with an announcement by end of August. Now if the location decision has moved to Animation Courtyard, the announcement plan may also have moved with it. So at this point, I'm unsure.
Either way, I presume they’ll want to announce before permits announce for them, so it’s gotta be relatively soon. It’s clear they were (shockingly) surprised by the Muppet rumor. Did they not realize park fans love MV3D more than the shell of Animation?

My sense is that they’re scrambling here. They can’t follow the original AC plan since they’ve committed to keeping Mermaid now. So this would push Monsters back into backstage a bit more than anticipated. Better for us but more complicated for them.

Sneaky

I want off mr the frogs wild ride

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom