News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Either way, I presume they’ll want to announce before permits announce for them, so it’s gotta be relatively soon. It’s clear they were (shockingly) surprised by the Muppet rumor. Did they not realize park fans love MV3D more than the shell of Animation?
You assume that they care more about the fans than they do about their office space.

fgmnt

The original Carsland was announced in Oct 2007 as part of a multi-year billion + dollar project for DCA. Less than a year later we were neck deep in the Great Recession and most companies were hoarding cash but Disney still broke ground and went forward with the project. I don’t think a recession now will necessarily impact a project like this. They are focused more long term. A slip in attendance due to a blip in the economy will be more likely to result in operations cost cuts and the usual shell games then cutting of longer term plans.
I think the biggest economic effect you could see for these capital projects would be the Fed’s rate cuts over the next year not going in Disney’s direction.

fgmnt

I can't help but laugh at the notion that they're waiting until the markets close on Friday afternoon to announce this land is replacing Muppets like that would move the needle in any way for Wall Street.
Market closing is incidental; Friday afternoons are just popular news dumps.

Sneaky

I can't help but laugh at the notion that they're waiting until the markets close on Friday afternoon to announce this land is replacing Muppets like that would move the needle in any way for Wall Street.
Hey, that’s just what people said. I know it not being announced tomorrow would be a good sign for muppets, but I just kidna want this whole fiasco to end already

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
You have to wonder how things progressed this far without any consideration for the negative reaction.

It's either a genuine disconnect with guests, or it's 100% intentional.
it's 100% disconnect with guests and the park experience as a whole

those making the decisions don't experience the parks like we frequent guests do and have and therefore don't look at it the same way. G+, park reservations, ILLs, etc. are all good examples of that too

doctornick

I think the response has been stronger and more persistent than they expected. And it’s based upon an internet rumor. The response has been far worse than the response to an actual announcement that RoA is closing. That seems to have caught them off guard.

Devil's Advocate: the RoL looks like a done deal so many like myself are just resigned to it even if we think it is terrible.

MV removal being just a rumor feels like there is still potential flexibility there to have our voices "make a difference".

Also, smaller point, but closing MV hurst DHS in terms of stuff to do far worse than closing the riverboat and TSI has an impact on MK. This is a way worse choice if guest satisfaction has any meaning.

Sneaky

an update on my rumor thing:
Assorted wdwmagic and insideuniversal insiders: plan was muppets, momentum shifted to courtyars
WDWMAGIC himself: unsure
Brayden: still muppets
: always animation courtyard
Martinvids (last comment on situation): still muppets
Everyone has just given up ATP so don’t take this as any gospel

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
I think the response has been stronger and more persistent than they expected. And it’s based upon an internet rumor. The response has been far worse than the response to an actual announcement that RoA is closing. That seems to have caught them off guard.
Which raises the question, why Muppets to begin with? Is the new mandate any attraction with a consistent no wait time be eliminated because it can't be monetized for additional profitability?

I hope I'm wrong, whatever comes next is going to be extremely popular regardless of what it replaces. (They're not going to lose guests over MV3D going away) So that means wherever is cheapest to build it will win out.

Sneaky

Which raises the question, why Muppets to begin with? Is the new mandate any attraction with a consistent no wait time be eliminated because it can't be monetized for additional profitability?

I hope I'm wrong, whatever comes next is going to be extremely popular regardless of what it replaces. (They're not going to lose guests over MV3D going away) So that means wherever is cheapest to build it will win out.
This site has made the word “mandate” lose its meaning for me. This has always been a thing, replacing older stuff with newer stuff. I shudder to imagine what the star tours replacing inner space news would be like if this forum was around at the time. It does suck for muppets to close though, and they shouldn’t do it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom