News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Quietmouse

They’ll be building it too soon for that. Villains Land could go, though.

Eh, election season, attached with an economy that is currently feels like it’s tilting between recession and okayish…things economically are weird right now. Best case scenario things for roa closes around January/feb of 2025…a lot can happen right now…that’s without mentioning bird flu pandemics/monkey pox, and or any recession after the elections.

If nothing weird was happening currently I would be like, yeah, roa is a goner. Right now, in my head at least, things feel very tba based off economic conditions.

ToTBellHop

Eh, election season, attached with an economy that is currently feels like it’s tilting between recession and okayish…things economically are weird right now. Best case scenario things for roa closes around January/feb of 2025…a lot can happen right now…that’s without mentioning bird flu pandemics/monkey pox, and or any recession after the elections.

If nothing weird was happening currently I would be like, yeah, roa is a goner. Right now, in my head at least, things feel very tba based off economic conditions.
Well I’m not going to try and interrupt the narrative in your head if you think there’s some reality where EU opens and Disney is not actively engaged in multiple construction projects.

TrainsOfDisney

Is there ANY chance of them at least leaving the bottom Island, and having cars/villains go where the top island is? Concept art is never accurate, and layouts could easily change.
I think there are a few possibilities in the cards - that is the best case scenario but even keeping the boat and some of the scenery but still building onto the small island would help.

I’ve posted this before but this solves all potential problems and is a win-win-win.
A34197EF-DC47-4671-ABD0-FFA8DC8CA160.jpeg

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Something to keep in mind about the location of this ride is that I remember Scott Gustin saying on a podcast that there's a possibility that they didn't announce the location because they had to inform people in the animation building that their offices would be moving and we've heard a few people say and hear from sources that the offices are moving. Obviously this is all just speculation on my part but it is interesting.

Disstevefan1

I think there are a few possibilities in the cards - that is the best case scenario but even keeping the boat and some of the scenery but still building onto the small island would help.

I’ve posted this before but this solves all potential problems and is a win-win-win. View attachment 811005
There you go again, reasonable, logical, smart, good for the guest decision.
Disney will never go for it.😉

V_L_Raptor

Going to throw this out there, because I have very little patience for the whole, "Muppets will take over Hall of Presidents!" refrain that's sprung up since D23...

One, no. I can't stand the idea of taking a quick 2019 street show as the basis for the next evolution of a franchise that currently exists in a form including Jim's own voice for all to hear. No, the Muppets don't have a magical connection to the teaching of American history. No.

Two, if you really want to freewheel on the Hall of Presidents (in another thread)... Note that the show includes a bit with Lincoln solo at center stage. It would be a *lot* easier and (I would imagine) cheaper for them to keep him, ditch the rest (wowee, some of those need re-sculpting, and Taft has dislocated shoulders), and add a turntable with Uncle Walt on the other side. It would be relatively trivial to include show filler on the screens they've installed. They've even frontloaded the Great Moments and Walt narrative in the lobby exhibits.

There. Chew on that. Enough with the damn Hall of Presidential Muppets. They deserve better.

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
Going to throw this out there, because I have very little patience for the whole, "Muppets will take over Hall of Presidents!" refrain that's sprung up since D23...

One, no. I can't stand the idea of taking a quick 2019 street show as the basis for the next evolution of a franchise that currently exists in a form including Jim's own voice for all to hear. No, the Muppets don't have a magical connection to the teaching of American history. No.

Two, if you really want to freewheel on the Hall of Presidents (in another thread)... Note that the show includes a bit with Lincoln solo at center stage. It would be a *lot* easier and (I would imagine) cheaper for them to keep him, ditch the rest (wowee, some of those need re-sculpting, and Taft has dislocated shoulders), and add a turntable with Uncle Walt on the other side. It would be relatively trivial to include show filler on the screens they've installed. They've even frontloaded the Great Moments and Walt narrative in the lobby exhibits.

There. Chew on that. Enough with the damn Hall of Presidential Muppets. They deserve better.
Unfortunately I don't think Disney has it in them to do 'better' with the Muppets, or much of anything anymore.

gorillaball

You don’t manage long term projects based on which way the wind blows today.

sedati

Blaspheme elsewhere blasphemer. I got your Jim Henson's own voice and the teaching of American history right here:

Bleed0range

i wish mini lands would glow away.

I don't think there is anything wrong with just building the door coaster inside the factory and saying here it is. Not every new addition needs it's own land. You can build up the placesetting in the queue.

if they went back to broad ideas, frontier, tomorrow, fantasy, adventure, that gives you the freedom to drop a bunch of stuff close together without having to devote so much space to non-attraction ip based placesetting

zootopia, hard pass, i didn't enjoy the move or the look of the new land, it seems very matte and plastic looking. both were trying too hard

Cars, radiator springs is awesome. but our cars will just be wilderness, which i love national parks, but don't call it a cars land. go ahead kill off frontierland and make it wilderness land

villians will be what i'm describing where there are hints of different properties throughout the general land.

They should replace AC and just put Monsters there along with moving the Cars ride there too and it could all be interconnected with Toy Story Land as a Pixar theme and save ROA.

Then just make Villains land bigger.

gorillaball

Sure, but they definitely most factor in emergency budget cuts. If you worked in project management for any large company you know this first hand. Everything is smooth sailing until it’s not.
Ironically I do work for a Fortune 200 company. I’ll repeat, you don’t modify your 3+ yr plans based on short term economic factors or you’d be blowing in the wind and cancel or double down 5 times before you get right back where you were. Nothing short of a pandemic or 9/11 should impact what you already have solid commitments and budgets for.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom