News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

erasure fan1

I think that movie is a treasure, and left in the right hands it could have revitalized the Muppet franchise for decades to come.
There's a pretty strong correlation with the Muppets and mayhem. Both were made by people who LOVED the Muppets. Segal is a huge fan and Goldberg and Yorks were even bigger Muppet nerds. These guys understood what made the Muppets tick. It is too bad they didn't get Segal back for the second. And we all know what happened to mayhem.

ConVMagic

I know the Muppets is considered a "niche property" now, but it is entirely the fault of Disney and their mishandling of the IP that made it such, and it frustrates me to no end.

Last week, I was in Hollywood Studios, and I went on Muppetvision. I wondered if maybe I was looking at MV3D with rose-colored glasses, and if kids just aren't interested in the muppets like I was or my parents were. While I was there, I made a point to observe the reactions of the kids there, just out of curiosity. When we were in the preshow room, a lot of the kids looked bored, so I figured that maybe I was right. But when we got into the theater and the show started, everyone (adult and kid) in the theater was laughing. There was a boy about 7/8 next to me, and he was absolutely loving it. When the Sweetums actor came out, he practically jumped out of his seat and said to his dad "He's real! He's a real guy!" A bunch of kid's in the theater were yelling out when you have to find Bean in the theater. When we were leaving, most of the kids I saw were smiling and laughing, along with their parents.

The Muppets is such a unique property, in that the humor appeals to kids and adults. The reason those kids seemed bored during the preshow isn't because the Muppets aren't cool or hip or whatever, it just that they don't know them. If Disney made more things with the Muppets instead of letting the IP rot, then maybe more kids would be into them :/ I was a kid when the 2010's Muppets movies and stuff came out, and I remember so much content being made with them, for all age groups, and seeing all of that disappear for no reason is just so upsetting.

It would be really disappointing if they got rid of MV3D and that whole area. It just makes no sense to get rid of capacity in a park that already has issues with it. I don't care if the Animation Courtyard Monstropolis is smaller, just don't touch my Muppets! :p I should be excited for Monstropolis since Monsters Inc. is my favorite Pixar film, and I never thought they would build it in 2024, but I just can't make myself excited if it means getting rid of Muppets.

JD80

It really is a shame they didn’t capitalize on it more. Muppets are a generational franchise the company doesn’t seem to really care though. I understand that, it’s definitely more niche than something like Star Wars I just wish they would treat them better. They are capable of putting out amazing content if they would just give them the chance.

Disney has made many attempts with the Muppets over the years. Decent ones too.

• The Muppets in 2011
  • Muppets Most Wanted in 2014
  • Muppet Moments in 2015
  • The Muppets (TV) in 2015
  • Muppets on D+ 2019 (canceled during development)
  • Muppets Now in 2020
  • Muppets Haunted Mansion in 2021
  • Muppets Mayhem in 2023
None of these shows received enough eyeballs to keep them going. The two Muppet movies in 2011 and 2014 made a combined $240M. Inc context it took Inside Out 2 one week to top both films.

Muppets aren't just popular with a broader audience.

WDWFREAK53

• The Muppets in 2011
  • Muppet Moments in 2015
  • Muppets Now in 2020
  • Muppets Mayhem in 2023
None of these shows received enough eyeballs to keep them going. The two Muppet movies in 2011 and 2014 made a combined $240M. Inc context it took Inside Out 2 one week to top both films.

I loved The Muppets with Jason and Amy.
Muppets Most Wanted was junk in comparison.

dreamfinding

Actually, if Disney would actually involve more of the Muppet performers and let them have a say in the content, the franchise would probably be a lot better off. When I say that, I mean bringing Frank Oz and Brian Henson on as producers.

I’m also going to argue that Matt Vogel needs to spend some time with Steve Whitmire, unless Vogel’s Kermit has greatly improved since Muppets Haunted Mansion.

TrainsOfDisney

Is he really? I didn’t think he would be
About a month ago he appeared at a fan convention and I got curious about what he’s been up to and read an interview where he said he would be interested in working with the muppets again.

Even if they just brought back Rizzo for a couple of scenes to test the waters it would be a step in the right direction.

Gonzo and Rizzo (David and Steve) had the best back and forth other than Jim and Frank in my opinion.

DCLcruiser

About a month ago he appeared at a fan convention and I got curious about what he’s been up to and read an interview where he said he would be interested in working with the muppets again.

Even if they just brought back Rizzo for a couple of scenes to test the waters it would be a step in the right direction.

Gonzo and Rizzo (David and Steve) had the best back and forth other than Jim and Frank in my opinion.
The Muppet Christmas Carol is still my favorite version.

doctornick

• The Muppets in 2011
  • Muppet Moments in 2015
  • Muppets Now in 2020
  • Muppets Mayhem in 2023

They also had a new Muppet Babies series on TV from 2018-2022

Sneaky

The first muppet movie I saw was the 2011 one, then I grew up on dvds of the muppet show, specifically season 3, as well as the original muppet movie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom