News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

YodaMan

Ive suggested this previously, make that area the Christmas corner for the holidays. Muppet carol sing along, reopen Studio1 and make it the holiday shopping destination for the park, have crazy decorations everywhere etc.

Last year they relocated Santa to the Wonderful Shop location for the first time. Will be interesting to see if that continues. Would be smart to push the “holiday” angle for that corner and use Stage One for holiday merch and see more foot traffic back there.

Sneaky

Still no announcement today. Does it come out tomorrow, or Friday, or someday else? Also I know insiders have given up, but gut feelings on where?

lazyboy97o

The line between Blue Sky and “moving forward” is extremely thin.
Projects don’t go from Blue Sky to “moving forward.” They first go through Concept Design and Feasibility. Concept Design is its own distinct phase of design with its own criteria and objectives, and then everything is assessed and given the determinative go/no-go decision during Feasibility. From there the project moves into Schematic Design and various staff and vendors are brought on board to actually deliver a built project. It’s a major project milestone and one that is not actually reversed with any sort of regularity.

dreamfinding

With that said, I think Muppet fans would be more than willing to accept a new attraction elsewhere on property. Some possible candidates:
  • Muppets seasonal overlay on Haunted Mansion?

Not to open this can of worms - but haven’t we been told they they will never do a HM overlay? People beg for Small World Holiday and Haunted Mansion Holiday, but it requires too long of a closure.

erasure fan1

I liked Muppets Haunted Mansion (come to think of it I watch it every Halloween now since it‘s release), but to be fair Disney doesn’t really try and do anything substantial with the muppets since the movies

The first muppets project under Disney with Jason Segel is borderline a classic in my house. It’s quoted all the time, and man or muppet is a favorite song.
That's why I said 90% wasn't great. ;)

Yes the Muppets was good. It's an extremely quoted movie in my house as well. Oil see, sweet sweet oil. Classic. Lol
Muppets Now though is TERRIBLE.
You didn't like muppets mayhem? Everyone in my family thought it was the best muppets since Henson and crew.
I think you're agreeing with me. In short, I don't think Disney views The Muppets as a franchise worth investing in.
Yes I do agree that Disney doesn't value them or think they are worth it.
In fairness, I think they've given them a fair shake, even produced some solid content and people didn't really care.
I don't think they have given them a fair shake. You really can't sell merch that doesn't exist. Disney thinks they can't sell merch, but the truth is they really haven't tried. I was there last summer and they had one shirt in the world of Disney store. Guess the only shirt sold out? We asked if they would get more in within the week and she said, I don't know but the sell out as soon as we get them. My family alone would have probably bought 12 baby animal plush if they existed. Lol

I also think a fair shake would have been to go ahead with a Muppets mayhem season 2. Even with Disneys track record of blowing budgets. There's no way they spent any real money on it. Streaming can sustain a more niche ip like the Muppets. And when you have something that the majority of fans and critics really enjoyed. What's the harm in keeping it around?

Surferboy567

Yes the Muppets was good. It's an extremely quoted movie in my house as well. Oil see, sweet sweet oil. Classic. Lol
Sweet sweet oil (in the voice), is quoted almost weekly in my household.

Along with Jack Blaaaack. Travel by map etc.

Walter: When he thought they were alone he said. “Their’s oil under this studio say, I’m gonna tear it to the ground say, Sweet Sweet Oil say.”

Mary: People still talk like that?

Walter: Maybe that’s how he sounded in my head

Last edited:

WeNamedTheDogIndiana

Sweet sweet oil (in the voice), is quoted almost weekly in my household. I’m gonna burn it to the ground, Sweet sweet oil say.

Along with Jack Blaaaack. Travel by map etc.

I mean, I just sing "Right In Front Of Me" on the regular. And "Me Party." And "Man Or Muppet." And "We Built This City." (Kidding, I'm not THAT young."

I think that movie is a treasure, and left in the right hands it could have revitalized the Muppet franchise for decades to come. As it stands, Muppets Haunted Mansion is very good (clock the post history), Muppet Mayhem was solid, and everything else...happened. I do believe, with one more strong addition, that could make an adequate average for the last 10-20 years, but I can't speak for the Muppets' heyday.

Disney had a one-off modern Muppet whisperer. While others have made strong efforts, we need to find another whisperer who will stick around. I don't know who this is or if they exist, but please save us, Muppet Jesus.

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨︎ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
I mean, I just sing "Right In Front Of Me" on the regular. And "Me Party." And "Man Or Muppet." And "We Built This City." (Kidding, I'm not THAT young."

I think that movie is a treasure, and left in the right hands it could have revitalized the Muppet franchise for decades to come. As it stands, Muppets Haunted Mansion is very good (clock the post history), Muppet Mayhem was solid, and everything else...happened. I do believe, with one more strong addition, that could make an adequate average for the last 10-20 years, but I can't speak for the Muppets' heyday.

Disney had a one-off modern Muppet whisperer. While others have made strong efforts, we need to find another whisperer who will stick around. I don't know who this is or if they exist, but please save us, Muppet Jesus.

With D23 Brazil on the horizon and everyone expecting a Pavilion...
gonzo.png

Gonzo the Redeemer as depicted in "The Muppets: The Great Search!" game.

Surferboy567

It really is a shame they didn’t capitalize on it more. Muppets are a generational franchise the company doesn’t seem to really care though. I understand that, it’s definitely more niche than something like Star Wars I just wish they would treat them better. They are capable of putting out amazing content if they would just give them the chance.

gorillaball

I guess I still think of the park as a Studios Park...at one point they began a Pixar Studios section... then things got a bit muddled. I was just thinking some sort of organization in the park would be nice....a sort of flow or loose narrative...Which was always a hallmark of Disney Theme parks... not just random attractions... If they are building minilands around the park, why not organize them a bit with Pixar ips, classic Disney Animation, ...and then Live Action... So it feels more thought out...not just random attractions...
And I think Disney does want you to care about the branding...
If you don't, that's cool...you don't have to....
Makes sense and I don’t disagree in general. If given the opportunity to do that in forward planning I’d be for it, but I wouldn’t spend extra $$$ to move things when those funds could be better utilized (my opinion) in added capacity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom